Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium Dagger Chronicles: The Past Awakens ❯ The Rod, the Dagger, and the Pendant ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
ÿþ

"Damn you Seto... For the Pharoah's sake, I must stop you!" The young guardian charged forward, attempting to slash at the priest with his sword. He sped up, trying to get in a fatal blow on his former best friend, P. Seto. Seto just smirked as he held forth his hand at Neo approaching, summoning his faithful servant, the Blue Eyes White Dragon.





"You think you can stop me, you weak fool?! Blue Eyes, teach him a lesson!" From behind Seto, two blue eyes shone high above him. The beast opened its mouth as it struck the young guardian, sending him back against the wall. "Neo, you will never be able to defeat me... Friend or not, I cannot allow you to stand against me! Blue Eyes White Dragon, destroy him!" The beast's eyes glowed once more as it charged up the strength for another attack. The creature glowed with an aura of power before launching another attack towards the weakened Neo.





"Priest of Set, I cannot allow you to defeat me!" He stood firm and held out his sword, preparing for the attack. A smirk came over his face as the blast from the Blue Eyes White Dragon sped forward towards him, causing his silver hair to blow from the force of the attack. He began to chant softly as the attack neared him and as it touched his sword, he deflected it back at the Blue Eyes White Dragon, knocking it unconcious. The priest looked upon the young man in shock.





"How did a weakling like you manage to defeat my dragon!" He growled, then smirked a bit. "You're more than you seem, Neo... That was Magic, wasn't it?" Neo smirked a bit at Seto's question, seeming that the answer was obvious..





"Of course it was, a spell called Mirror Force. So you're not completely dense... Now get out of here Seto, before I call the gods upon you!" Neo just smirked at the look on Seto's face. It was a look of pure terror, knowing the fabled strength of the gods. "As one of their Guardians, I could call my protected upon you... I'm sure Slifer would love to have you for dinner!"





"Bastard... Very well, I will let your Pharoah live for now..." Seto retreated with his dragon and Neo collapsed to the ground, coughing up a bit of blood on himself before falling unconcious. His body lied motionless there before a young girl came across him with her guardian. The girl's sad blue eyes fell upon him, tears dripping forth from her eyes as she kneeled beside him, afraid for his life once more.





"Big brother, what have you gotten yourself into this time..." The girl instructed her bodyguard to carry her brother back to the palace with her. She ran her hand across her brother's cheek and kissed him softly. As they walked, the girl bandaged up the wounds as best she could, and wiped the blood from his face.





"Shana... I thought you had joined your boyfriend's side in this war... That's right, he was on his own side. All he wanted was power..." He said with contempt. He had never approved of that stupid, mindless prat she had fallen in love with. All he had wanted was to bring together the Millenium Items to destroy, and Neo would rather have seen him dead the next time they met up. "I told you that thief was no good for you!"





"Stupid fool... He tried to kill me! As he reached for his dagger to draw on me, Priest Seto struck him in the back with his Rod. He was protecting me, brother... Why do you despise him?" His sister's eyes were full of sadness as she spoke the words. Seto had always treated Neo and her like his own family, and Neo had now turned his back on all that. Neo refused to betray his Pharoah and it began to irritate her. She wanted nothing more than to be happy with her brother, but he seemed to value his Pharoah more than his sister.





"Shana, he tried to kill me before you showed up... I cannot fail the Pharoah, if Seto defeats him, this world is doomed! He's possessed sister, by the evil god Set. The rod contains his spirit! P. Seto is pure evil..." Neo looked up into the sky, shadows swirling amongst the clouds. There was a cold chill upon the air, brought on by the evil spirits within the treacherous Shadow Realm. Neo feared for the fate of the world, knowing what he must do. "Oh no... The shadow game has begun! We must hurry!" Neo leapt from the shoulder of the bodyguard and sprinted into the palace as fast as he could. Shana sighed and followed after him, rushing quickly through the palace to the throne room. When Neo reached the throne room, he saw the Pharoah standing weakly. He was leaned slightly against a pillar, bleeding slightly. He saw no sign of Seto as he scanned his eyes about the room.





"It is alright, Neo... I am fine." As Yami spoke the words, Neo felt a dagger rammed through his back, then twisted viciously, ripping through flesh and spilling blood upon Neo and his attacker. Neo fell to his knees, wincing badly, on the verge of death. His hand was placed upon the dagger, trying to pull it free from his body and his attacker's hand, but to no avail. He knew who it was that stabbed him in the back, and he growled softly as he weakened more.





"Damn you... Seto..." Neo collapsed to the ground, the dagger remaining in his back. His blood spilled upon the floor of the palace as Seto smirked, falling on top of him. Their blood billowed and pooled like a crimson ocean. Neo felt himself become weaker and weaker as the life blood was draining from his body. Neo's eyes closed and his breathing stopped, his body dead upon the floor.





"I'll take you to the underworld with me Neo... You've finally payed for betraying... me..." Seto breathed his last breath and died upon Neo on the floor. Shana walked in and saw her brother and her friend dead in the floor. She gripped the pendant her brother gave her years ago as her tears fell upon him. She was full of anger and rage from her own friend's betrayal. She trembled a bit, knowing only one last thing to do if he was truly gone.





"No, brother... Before I could even say..." She fell to her knees and pulled a small dagger from its sheath, holding it to her breast. "If you've gone on to the dark underworld, then I will follow you... my love..." The dagger was brought down into her heart, spilling her blood with the others. She fell backwards, the life gone from her body. The dagger in Neo's back began to glow slightly as his soul flowed forth into the dagger, imprinting his rage and hatred forever in it.





"I will destroy your line Seto... I will have revenge for myself, and my sister... And for the spirit of goodness that was once in you... Priest of Set, I will destroy the next form you take... With no regrets! I need no Pharoah... This time I do it on my own!" The dagger stopped glowing, and the Pendant around Shana's neck began to. It glowed with a red light, bright as flame and just as awe-inspiring. Her soul left her body as Neo's did, locking itself away in the Pendant. Yami approached all three, and instructed for them to be buried. P. Seto was buried in his temple with the Millenium Rod. Neo and Shana were buried together, along with their souls, a Dagger and a Pendant. When Yami gathered up all the Millennium Items before his death, only two remained that he did not know of... This was the birth of the Millennium Dagger and Millennium Pendant... and the start of a war that would flow into the lives of their descendants many years after their demise.