Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ More Than Just Saving the World ❯ Captured ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author’s Note: I don’t know how to describe this chapter…in a way...it’s only okay…in a way…I like this chapter...I don’t know… You know the part where Yami and Seto talk? It’s suppose to be longer and Yami tells Seto about himself as a Pharaoh but Seto didn’t believe. I didn’t include it…thought it’ll be too long… there were a lot of flashbacks in that episode... oh well, I hope you’ll like this chapter..R+R!!!!!!!!!!!   More Than Just Saving the World By Sakura Kinomoto   Chapter 6         Captured             &nbs p;   Before Isis could reply, Koshi cut the conversation. She dumped the phone back into her bag. Running to the edge of the concrete hill, she scanned the current cards and monsters on the field. Card of Safe Return, Buster Blader, Revival Jam, Jam Defender and the Egyptian God Card. This doesn’t look very good. As she flew down the stairs to the duelling field, Koshi shouted, “Yami!”          & nbsp;  The spirit turned. “Koshi, what are you doing here?”           &n bsp; The navy-hair girl didn’t answer him. “Malik, don’t you dare hurt Yami! You’ll regret it!” She spread out her arms, defending Yami.             Malik snickered, “You, little girl? Save the Pharaoh? Ha! You must be joking. But I do suppose there’s something about you since you know who I am and about Yami.” Koshi glared at Malik with hatred. “You stay there all you want, little girl. Slifer the Sky Dragon, attack Yami’s Buster Blader!”              As the attack came, a defence shield appeared, surrounding Yami and Koshi. The two forces battled each other. Koshi winced. It’s getting tiring for her to keep the defence up. All this power is strange to her. Suddenly she couldn’t hold it anymore. The dragon’s attack hit her and destroyed Buster Blader.             When Koshi to his feet, Yami saw something flash through her mind.   *&*&*&*Flashback*&*&*&*    & nbsp;          “Seto, don’t you dare attack!”              “Go away, Koshi,” said Seto to the girl in front of his opponents’ monsters.             ; Koshi frowned at him. “That’s Queen Koshi to you.”           &nb sp; A stern voice spoke up from the throne. “Koshi, move it!”           &nbs p; “Yami,” pleaded Koshi. “He’s crazy can’t you see? Someone has to stop him.” As Koshi spoke, Seto ordered his Blue Eyes to attack. When the girl turned, she stood there, shocked. Before anyone could save her, the attack hit her. Fires engulfed part of the room, destroying the monsters and surrounding an unconscious Koshi.             The Pharaoh stood up and yelled, “Koshi!”   *&*&*&*End of Flashback*&*&*&*         &nb sp;     “Koshi!” shouted Yami. He bent down to check Koshi. He held the girl in his arms. “You okay? You shouldn’t have done that.”           &n bsp; “I’m okay,” replied Koshi weakly. Yami carried Koshi over to the side and gently placed her down.             “You stay put, okay?” Koshi nodded.             If Malik was surprised by Koshi’s power, he didn’t show it. “Now that the girl her been put aside, I suppose we may resume our duel?”           &n bsp; “Yes, we may, Malik.”           & nbsp; “Do you surrender yet? You’re finished. Slifer will only get stronger. Thanks to my Jam Defender, you still can’t attack, Pharaoh. If you do, I’ll draw more cards and Slifer will grow even stronger. Don’t you realize there’s no way you’ll win? Hand over your puzzle. When my Egyptian God Card finishes you, your days as Pharaoh will be over,” Malik laughed evilly.             Koshi shouted, “You jerk! You’ll never win!” Malik only laughed louder as his reply.             Yami thought to himself, “I don’t have monsters that are strong enough. That means I’ll need a good magic card. Come on, Heart of the Cards, guide me.” He drew a card. “Ha, Magic Cylinder, that’ll work. I’ll need a magician…and I have Dark Magician Girl!” He spoke, “I’ll sacrifice Kuriboh to summon my Dark Magician Girl.”           &n bsp; “By summoning a new monster to the field, you activated my Dragon’s special ability.” Yami watched in shock as Slifer’s second mouth opened. “Even if it’s your turn, Slifer will automatically attack the monster you just summoned. Now, say goodbye to your Dark Magician Girl!”           &n bsp; “It’s time for me to save my Dark Magician Girl.”           &n bsp; Malik laughed. “It’s too late. Observe.”            ;  “Why don’t you observe?” asked Yami.             “It’s so sad, your magician has to leave us to soon.”           &n bsp; Yami flung his arm out. “Who said she’s gone?”           &n bsp; “I did,” cried Malik.             The spirit smiled. “No, I activated Magical Hats just in time. She’s inside preparing for a counter-attack. Slifer may be strong but I have faith.” He took cards. “I place two cards face down, hidden in the hats as well.”           &n bsp; The mind slave took a card. “Well, I’ll play my own magic card. You see, Infinite Cards allow me to pass the six-card limit. Now, my monster can have infinite power! Slifer, unleash your attack on to the right-hand hat,” ordered Malik.             “That was a lucky guess, Malik, but this duel is not over yet,” declared Yami.             “It might as well be. Wait, she’s absorbing my attack.”              Yami smirked,” That’s right. You forgot I hid two trap cards as well. Magic Cylinder and Spellbinding Circle. So I’ll weaken your monster and redirect his own attack at him.”           &nb sp; Koshi widened her eyes. “Wait, Yami, don’t!” She watched as Revival Jam blocked the attack.             “So your monster blocks redirected attacks as well?”           &n bsp; Malik smiled. “That’s right. With this five-card combination, I’m indestructible,” he said drawing four cards. “When these five cards are played together, they become a strategy that’s unbeatable.”          &n bsp;  “This Egyptian God is unstoppable,” whispered Yami as he dropped to his knees. “I can’t lose.”           &n bsp; The girl from the side got up slowly and walked towards Yami. “Please Yami, get up. You can defeat him.” Koshi dropped to her knees beside the Pharaoh. “Get up. I’m here with you, remember? Please, have faith. Get up, Yami and defeat this conceited jerk!”           &n bsp; A voice was heard. “Listen to Koshi. Get up on your feet, Yugi. Since when do you bow to your rivals?” Seto  stood there, with Mokuba, on top of the hill.             “Never!” replied Yami.             Seto folded his arms across his chest. “Then get up to your feet and stop embarrassing yourself. Defeat this nobody and relieve him of his Egyptian God Card. Do it now! Don’t let this punk win and take down Slifer the Sky Dragon. Just find its weakness. You can do it unless you’ve lost your touch. Get up and prove it to me.”           &nbs p; Koshi looked at Seto then at Yami. She whispered to Yami, “I don’t know what’s gotten into Seto, but you can win, Yami. Believe in yourself. I believe in you.”           &nb sp; Yami stared into Koshi’s eyes. So deep and Beautiful. He smiled as he stroked her hair. “You’re right. I can win against Malik. I will defeat him.” Both of them stood up. “Malik, it’s over.”           &n bsp; The girl watched impatiently. Big Shield Gardner and one card face down. Is there anyway Slifer will fail? Number of cards…number of cards…in a deck? “Wait, that’s it!” thought Koshi. Tell him? No, he’s good enough to find out on his own. He’ll show Malik and Kaiba how good he is. “Go, Yami!” cheered Koshi. “You can do it!”           &nbs p; A thoughtful look appeared on Yami’s face. Then he smiled. “I’ll defeat you, Malik. It’s a matter of common sense. If my monster can’t defeat you, I’ll use your monster to defeat itself.”              Malik laughed. “Don’t you get it? My monster is too powerful to control, it’ll never work.”           &n bsp; “We’ll see,” answered Yami confidently. “Perhaps you don’t know as much about the Egyptian God Card as you think you do.”           &nbs p; “How dare you challenge my knowledge of the ancient ways? I know all!”           &nb sp; Yami taunted him, “We’ll see about that.” He drew his card and smiled. Perfect/ “Now, I’ll show my face-down card, Monster Reborn, and I choose to resurrect Buster Blader in attack mode.”           &n bsp; Pointing at his cards on the field, Malik laughed. “Don’t you remember my five-card combination that makes Slifer the Sky Dragon invincible? By reviving a monster, I get to draw three more cards due to Card of Safe Return. By summoning a monster, you activated my Dragon’s second mouth.”           & nbsp; “My Buster Blader can withstand your attack.”              “You’ll be finished next turn.” Koshi clasped her hands in prayer. “Yami will win,” she thought. “Timing...”         &nb sp;   “There won’t be a next turn,” said Yami. “Watch as my Buster Blader slay your Egyptian Dragon. Let my plan to destroy your so-called invincible dragon begin. Time for me to end this duel right now.”           &nb sp; “I’d like you to try.”           &nb sp; “Buster Blader, attack Slifer the Sky Dragon with your powerful blade!”           & nbsp; Malik couldn’t believe it. “Watching your puny warrior trying to take down my unstoppable Dragon is actually quite amusing. Have you forgotten about my Jam Defender and Revival Jam? Your attack’s been block and my Revival Jam revives itself.”              “I’m afraid it’s still my turn,” stated Yami. “First, I’ll need Revival Jam to revive itself. Now the field is set for this card. I play Brain Control, controlling your monster.”            ;  The Egyptian man laughed. “Your plan won’t work, Pharaoh. You’ll lose” Slifer prepared to attack.             “Who said I was after your dragon? NO, there’s another monster of yours on the field and I’ll control him.”           &nb sp; “What good will that do to you? Slifer, attack his Buster Blader and the rest of his life points,” directed Malik.             “Wait,” said Yami. “Slifer needs to attack my Revival Jam with his second mouth. Then you draw three cards. You know what’s going to happened, right?”           & nbsp; Before Malik digested Yami’s strategy, Koshi yelled, “It’s a loop! You’ll keep on drawing cards until you lose! This way, you’ll be defeated in seconds!” She jumped up and down in joy.             “I can’t get out of this!”           &n bsp; Yami explained,” That’s right. Each monster has its flaw and the Sky Dragon’s lie within its special ability, its second mouth attack.” When the mind slave ran out of cards to draw, Yami said, “I’ve turned your dragon against you. Now you have no cards to draw. That means I win. It’s over.” Koshi cheered again. She ran over to hug Yami.             Mokuba picked up the Egyptian God Card and handed it to Yami. “You get his locator cards as well,” said the little guy.             The mime interrupted Seto as he challenged Yami to a duel. “I’m coming to Battle City now, Yami. I have Rare Hunters all over the city and I’m always looking for new servants to add to my army. Which one of your friends will make the best min slave?”           & nbsp; “You leave them alone,” shouted Yami. “I’m warning you!”           &nb sp; “Perhaps I’ll use your friends to get what I want. Your friends are meaningless to me. I have nothing to lose and the whole world to gain,” laughed Malik.             Yami growled, “Do not test me. If any harm befalls my friends, you’ll regret it, Malik. They did nothing to you so you settle your score with me.             Malik said, “Just like my dragon’s weakness destroyed it, your loyalty to your friends will soon destroy you.” Then the mind slave dropped to the ground.             The spirit turned to run but Seto stopped him. Yami frowned, “Our duel will have to wait, Kaiba. I have to save my friends.” Koshi started to run as well, when all of a sudden, she staggered and fell on her knees. She screamed in pain. “What’s the matter?” asked Yami, worried. She looked so much in pain. Yami actually felt scared. What’s wrong with her? Something is wrong here. “Koshi?”              “Malik…mind…st..stay..away,” Koshi choked out these words. She screamed even more. Yami and the Kaiba brothers watched in shock as beams of light shot out from Koshi. The screams suddenly ceased. Yami caught the girl before she dropped to the ground. “Yami...” she whispered.           &nbs p; “Koshi…” Yami stroked a piece of Koshi’s damp hair. How dare Malik touch his Koshi! That evil guy! Koshi abruptly pushed him away. “What?”          & nbsp;  A sinister voice came from Koshi. “I forgot to ask you one more question, Pharaoh. Can I touch your little lover? Hm…a little too late for the question though, right? I already control her mind!” Malik cackled. “Don’t worry though. I will do nothing to her. But then should you care? You don’t even know her true identity. You’ll probably never know because by then, I would have sent you to the Shadow Realm! So long, Pharaoh!” With that, Malik made Koshi practically fly away.             Yami clenched his fists. Malik…that coward! Never shows his face. What did he mean by Koshi’s real identity. His mind flew to that flash of images he got during the duel. Could Koshi be…he shook his head. He should concentrate on saving his friends first. He started to run. Then Seto stopped him yet again. “Where are you going, Yugi?” he asked. “Koshi went the other way.”           &nb sp; “Look Kaiba, Malik won’t hurt Koshi. I need to save the ones I can save first, namely my friends. Besides, Koshi would want me to do the same,” Yami told the CEO. Then he ran. This time, Seto didn’t stop him.             “What happened, Seto? I don’t get it,” asked Mokuba.             Seto frowned. “I don’t either but if Yugi doesn’t want to find Koshi, I will. Contact headquarters and tell them to locate Koshi Janoseke.”   *&*&*&*&*&*&*&*               Koshi’s eyes fluttered open. There’s something wrong here. First of all, she’s dead tired even though she just woke up. Second of all, this isn’t her room. She looked around the room by moving her head only, since she was too exhausted. It was a dark room. Then she noticed a little television at the corner of the room, like one of those security cameras’s television. That’s when she became aware of the shadow in the other corner. She gasped, “Malik!” She remembered Malik tried to control her but she resisted. When she was too weak to even move, he took control.             Malik laughed. “I’m surprise you know it’s me, little girl or should I call you Queen Koshi?” The girl’s eyes widen in surprise. How did he know? “Want to know how I know? It was your power, Koshi. I know it was the Pharaoh’s power, part of it anyways. IN the Ancient Scriptures there were vague hints of a queen and how the Pharaoh used his power to save her. When I saw you use the power, I knew it was true and you’re the Queen I’m looking for.” He got up from the chair he was sitting on and walked towards Koshi who was lying on the floor. He lifted Koshi’s face near him. She winced. “No wonder the Pharaoh would use his power to save you. You are a pretty thing. You know,” he moved even closer to Koshi, “maybe I’ll keep you when I get what I want.” Koshi’s eyes immediately filled with hatred and disgust. She tried to speak or even struggle but she couldn’t move. She was too weary. Suddenly, Malik threw her back on the ground. “However, I won’t think about it until I get what I want. Just to inform you, Kaiba and your Pharaoh are now in a tag duel against two of my Rare Hunters. You better wish them luck to be able to survive in the Shadow realm.” He then left the room, laughing.             ; “Will they win?” thought Koshi. Then she remembered about Yami and his Heart of the Cards. “They will win.” Then she fainted.   *&*&*&*&*&*&*&*    &n bsp;          Koshi’s eyes flickered open. The little television was turned on. It was showing a tag duel. Rare Hunters versus Yami and Seto to be exact. The girl squinted. What was happening in the duel? Yami had Valkyrion the Magnet Warrior on the field and Seto has nothing. It seems like Seto is making Yami attack. The Rare Hunters only has Des Gardius on the field. She couldn’t exactly see everything properly. Looks like she could only watch the duel, not the things that are really going on. Yami placed one card face down and attacked. When the field cleared, three masks appeared. “That must be Des Gardius’ special ability,” thought Koshi. “What will it do? Oh, Yami…” The three masks turned to one. The girl didn’t know what mask it is, but it doesn’t look good. There’s no sound system on the television! It seems like the Rare Hunters used a card to control Valkyrion and tried attacking Yami but Yami activated…Diffusion. Koshi blinked. Then Seto played Soul Exchange, which allows him to sacrifice his opponent’s monsters. That way he can summon Obelisk the Tormentor. Koshi felt her eyes closing. She smiled. Yami was going to win. “Yami…”   *&*&*&*&*&*&*& *               Isis stared impatiently at the telephone. How come Koshi’s not answering? It never takes her that long to get her cell. Just then, someone answered. “Koshi? What took you so long?”           &n bsp; “Isis, I should have guessed you were behind this.”           &n bsp; The Egyptian woman gasped, “Malik! What have you done to Koshi?”           & nbsp; Malik laughed over the phone. “Don’t worry, Sister, she’s fine. But I wonder if I never found out about the Queen on my own, would you ever tell me about her? I mean, you found Queen Koshi all on your own, right?”           & nbsp; “You know about Koshi?”           & nbsp; “Of course,” replied Malik. “I really want her power but I think she has some value right now. Especially in gaining what I want. I guess I’ll see you soon, Isis. Bye!” The conversation was then cut.             Isis shouted into the phone. “Malik! Malik! Oh my brother, you better not hurt the Queen. Many will not let you go then.”   *&*&*&*&*&*&*&*   &nbs p;           Mokuba reported to Seto as they and Yami climbed upon the Kaiba Corp. chopper. “Seto, I contacted headquarters and they said they still haven’t located the position of Koshi. I’m afraid someone is blocking the signal again.”           & nbsp; “Tell them to continue the search. I want to know the location of Koshi before the finals,” commanded Seto. He turned to look at Yami. “Aren’t you worried about Koshi, Yugi?”           &n bsp; “I am.”           &nbs p; “Then why are you not doing anything?”          &nbs p;  Yami looked at Seto. “I am doing something. I’m going to save my friends and that’s exactly what Koshi wants me to do. Besides, I know she’s safe and alive.”           & nbsp; Seto glared. “You don’t deserve Koshi. How do you know she’s safe?”           &n bsp; “She told me.”           &nbs p; “What?” exclaimed Seto. “Impossible. How could she tell you when you never saw her?”           &nb sp; Yami smiled. “You’ll never understand, Kaiba.”   *&*&*&*&*&*&*&*   &nb sp;           When Koshi’s eyes opened again, the little television was still turned on. She blinked. Was that Jounouchi and Yami she saw on the screen? They were…duelling? This doesn’t look right. Jounouchi just played Hinotama on Yami. How did he get such a rare card and why is he playing so ruthlessly against Yami? This isn’t making any sense at all. Just then, she remembered Malik’s threat to Yami about using his friends. Malik might be controlling Jounouchi to get what he wants. The anchor above the two confused Koshi. What’s it doing there? It looks like they’re connected to it. This must be all part of Malik’s evil plan. Koshi grimaced. Will Yami win? She watched as Yugi appeared. So…Yami and Yugi decided to turn to friendship for help.             Yugi played the magic card Exchange. “What is he doing?” wondered Koshi. Unless…she watched as Jounouchi tried to take a card from Yugi. HE must have the Red Eyes Black Dragon in his hand decided Koshi, otherwise nothing should affect Jounouchi under Malik’s power over him. By the look of Yugi’s happy face, she guessed Jounouchi didn’t pick Red Eyes as his card. Then, Yugi sacrificed his Big Shield Gardner and Kuriboh to bring out Red Eyes Black Dragon. It attacked Jounouchi’s Alligator Sword.             Koshi gathered up her strength and sat up. She has to figure out something to get out of here. If she remembered properly, before this duel, Yami already qualified for the finals. She has to be there. She ignored the duel going on. Looking around the room she’s in, she tried to figure out a way out. First, she’ll have to find out about the guards. She stood up slowly and walked towards the door. She tried to handle. To Koshi’s surprise, it wasn’t lock. Gradually, she opened the door and peeked out. There are no guards either! Did Malik really think she couldn’t escape? She looked up and down the hallways. There weren’t any security cameras either. Okay, this Malik is crazy. It is hard to believe Isis has any relation to him.             Looking down at her duel disk, Koshi decided it was too heavy to bring. She took out her deck, placed it in her pocket, and flung the duel disk aside. She searched for her bag but couldn’t find it. Guess Malik took it.             Koshi took one last look at the duel. Yugi just activated Mystical Ref Panel. The girl smiled. He won. Now she’ll have to find a way to get to the finals. She bolted out the door.   *&*&*&*&*&*&*&*