Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ MSfAT: All the Time In the World ❯ To Black and Back ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Yugi leaned on the stone edges of the bridge as he walked. He wished it didn't have to be this way. He knew Yami was going to reject him, and he would fade into the darkness around him. Fate was so savage to him he wasn't even allowed a sky to look at before his early death. When Yami was he view he put his eyes to the floor of the bridge, but continued to walk forward. Yugi stopped and sat on the stone floor when Yami was in front of him, knees up and arms round them. They still didn't want to get close. After a long enough time of silence Yugi was first to speak. "Well, go ahead. Sign my death warrant," he said in his hopelessly weak voice. "Yugi... I..." Yami started. "Just repeat what you said in the movie bathroom, and you won't for to worry about 'fate' anymore," the sickly boy said slowly looking up at him. Another pause, but the unexpected happened. "I can't do that," Yami said looking down at him. He was about to offer Yugi a hand up, but Yugi made it to his feet on his own. "What's the matter? Lost your big bad nerve?" he said as loudly as he could, but he knew he wasn't managing much. "I'm already dying! Just take me out of my misery!" he said then threw a punch to Yami's chest. Yami let the punch land, and silent tears rolled down his face. "What are you crying for?! I'm the one that needs to be crying! I'm the one that's going to die!" he punched Yami's chest again. That last punch felt stronger, however. "No, you're not." he said shaking his head. "I don't want you to die Yugi. If I didn't love you, I won't care about that. I could easily leave here without you. For someone I had no feelings for it would be easy for me to let you die, but now I know I'd regret it forever." He took Yugi with fist in his hand. Yugi's face reddened to his touch, but he pulled away. "You have to prove it," he said with anger burning in his eyes. "You've already hurt me so much! You let it get so bad we had to get to this point," he said while holding both of his arms out to gesture to the alternate world around them. Yugi was already more energetic, but he didn't seem to notice. "Please give me another chance!" Yami plead reaching out to him. Yugi backed away again, to Yami's dismay. "Why? What will I get by letting you throw my heart around like a rag doll, again? You've hit me... You hit me more than once," Yugi hissed closing his eyes tight. "I don't want to be your lovely punching bag!" he suddenly yelled. Yami grabbed Yugi but both his arms, knowing his was to feeble to pull away. "Just stop it!" Yugi exclaimed. "Yugi, I'm sorry. That's all i can say. I can't undo what I've already done, but I can make a better future," he said and kissed Yugi on the forehead, making the younger teen stop moving all together.

When Yami pulled away he let go Yugi looked up at him, then turned around with his arms folded. "Well, you have a month to make it up to me, then," he said with a stern voice, but a smile on his face. He was so happy Yami finally accepted everything and he didn't have to die, but after all Yami put him through he wasn't off the hook that easily. "Uh oh! Looks like someone's got some begging to do!" E. Yugi said behind him with a big perverted expression. Atemu was next to him with both his hands over his face. Behind them were Horus and his mother, Isis. "You passed!" she said very happy with the way things turned out. Yugi turned all the way around and pointed to his past self. "What happens to them?" "They're you, so you become one," she answers. "So... he won't be bothering me anymore," Yugi says with an annoyed tone, and E. Yugi pouts. "Not until he's needed again," she replies. "What does that mean?" Yami asked coming up to Yugi's side. "You still have one more issue to deal with. You must take revenge on Malik for causing both your deaths," she says her her smile fading a bit. "But, I--" Yugi starts. "Don't worry. You're life has been saved. Malik will hate you both as soon as he sees you, and he will try to hurt you again. Killing him will be the only way to stop him," he finishes with concern in her voice. "But, what about getting life or the death penalty for murder?" Yami asks. "We got you covered," she answers with a sly expression. "When will this happen?" Yugi asked nervously. "Not soon, but all in due time, as the saying goes," she answers with a shrug. "We understand this in not something you want to execute, but it's you or him. We have no control of fate that will happen in your battle." Horus announced in a light horse voice. Yugi scratched the back of his neck, and looked over to Yami who was sharing the same uncomfortable expression. "Just don't worry about that now. Go be happy, you 2!" E. Yugi egged on, and Isis nodded in agreement. E. Yugi and Atemu bodies both turned into smoke and their reborn selves absorbed them like sponges. Suddenly, the stone bridge fell apart under them, and black.

Yami and Yugi awoke on the floor of the video store. They slowly got themselves off the floor and looked around. Yugi wobbled to his feet, but he looked himself over. "I'm better. I'm... I'm not sick anymore!" he called out in a surprised shock.Yami got up and wiped himself off. "I don't think our bodies felt the store. My clothes are still as wet as there were when I came in," he said looking himself over. Yugi looked over to a small tv. "I think time stood still for us." Yami looked around, and looked around the store. "Bakura's gone." "He was wasn't really 'here', right?" "He was 'here' enough, for my liking," Yami says heading back to the counter. Yugi looked down and picked up his card. "You still want this movie?" he asked and Yami shock his head. "I really just came here to see how you were," he looked away with a light smile. He wanted to laugh at how foolish he was, all the sudden. "You're not going back out there, are you?" he asked and looked out at the yet pouring run. "...No..." he replied shaking his head. He looked at Yugi was an 'interested' expression, but Yugi cocked an eyebrow. "Oh, no. You're on punishment!" he said and Yami's face fell into shock. "First things first: You have to admit your feelings, and ask me out," he said folding his arms with cocky smirk. Yami straightened himself up. "A romantic setting then this," he ended. Yami took a deep breathe, clamed his expression, and nodded in defeat. "No more easy ride for you. I don't have to be desperate from my life anymore. You're really going to have to make it up to me. You're kissing up from the floor." Yugi put his hands on the counter to emphasized his point. Yami nodded again with no plans to argue.

"You can sit behind the counter, as long as you don't touch anything," Yugi offered with a gesture to a stool off the the side. Yami took the stool, and felt like he needed a "dunce" cap to go along with it. "I'm glad you're back to normal," he offered looking over to Yugi's side of the floor. Yugi shrugged "Me, too." His uniform was kinda baggy, and Yami cursed at how it did his cute figure no justice. More customers started coming in just as wet from the rain storm. After a few people, a girl with the video store uniform came in. She was light skinned with long brown hair, green eyes with a black rain coat and blue umbrella. "Sorry I'm late!" she said to Yugi. "Late?" "Yeah, go ahead and clock out. I can take it from here," he said heading to the back. "Ok..." he said and followed her to the back. Apparently things had been rewritten for them. The girls' name was Abel, and Yugi was standing in for her, because she couldn't come in at her normal time. When Yugi come back the storm had moved from over the store. "It looks like it's heading east," someone said leaving watching the storm go. Yugi collected his things and Yami was already by the door, and they walked out. Yami quickly took Yugi's hand and asked "Yugi, would you do me the great honor of having dinner with me tomorrow night?" Yugi looked at him, then the people behind him looking out the store windows, then back. "Ok." He couldn't help but be surprised. "Thank you. I'll pick you up at 5," he said letting go with a big smile. "Where we going?" "That's a surprise!" Yami took off like he was set on fire. Yugi smiled with his face turning red. When he got home his grandpa was over joyed that after "I'm home." was "What's for dinner?" He could tell Yugi was back to normal.

Converting /tmp/phpUkgPVz to /dev/stdout