Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Moonlit Lover ❯ Prologue

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title:  My Moonlit Lover
Part:  0/?
Author:  Murasaki Rose
Beta:  None
Genre:  AU/Romance/Supernatural/Horror
Rating:  NC-17
Spoilers: Yami no Yugi's real name.
Warnings:  YAOI/Anthro/MPREG/Violence
Pairings:  YYxY, SxJ, YBxR(established), YMxM(established)
Disclaimer:  Here we go.  Yu-Gi-Oh and all it's characters are the property of Kazuki Takahashi, Shueisha, Konami, Toei, and unfortunately, 4 Kids Entertainment.  All mentioned characters from the other series are also not mine, they belong to their respective creators.  In other words, I don't own them and I'm not making any money off of this, I'm just a fangirl having some fun.

A/N:  "text" = speech, 'text' = thought, ((text)) = telepathy, #text# = English, (((text))) = Arabic

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Summary:  In a world where supernatural beings live hidden amongst humans, you never know who or what's eye you might catch!  Humans Yugi Mutou and Katsuya Jonouchi have their world turned upside-down when two werewolves choose them as their lifemates!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

My Moonlit Lover - Prologue

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

In the deserts of Egypt, three teenagers waited anxiously for an audience with their tribe's leader.  As members of one of the many nomadic tribes that still roamed the land, they were subject to a different set of rules and as such, needed the permission of their elders before they could take action.  What worried them was that they might be denied their request; what they were about to ask was unprecedented, but they strongly felt that it was necessary for their futures.

A shaft of light pierced the darkness outside as one of the elders stepped out of the tent.  "You may enter now," she said softly, smiling kindly at the nervous teens.

Taking a deep breath and squaring his shoulders, the spiky tri-color haired, crimson-eyed youth followed her into the tent, followed closely by his two childhood friends.

Walking to the center of the tent, they stood directly before their pack's Alpha, all visible signs of nervousness gone now as the two taller males flanked their crimson-eyed friend.  This was one place they could not afford to show weakness.

"Alpha, honorable elders; we come before you today with an unusual request," the youth paused for a moment before continuing.  "As you are aware, the three of us have come of age and are now ready to take on the responsibility of a mate."

"And I suppose you have come to tell us your choices?" one of the elders sneered, his condescending tone earning him a sharp glare from the Alpha.

"No," the teen replied, ignoring the rudeness of the elder.  "But our request does involve our choosing."

"In the months that have passed since the last of us had our sixteenth birthday, we all have been sharing dreams," the tall, silver-haired youth to the right spoke, taking over for the crimson-eyed teen.  "In these dreams, we have seen images of foreign lands, all of us seeing the same places, yet for each a different one is more prevalent."

"And in that land we see the most, we sense a calling in our heart, one that comes with a whispered promise that our chosen mate awaits us if only we will take them," the other tall youth finished for him, his pupilless lavender eyes focusing on each elder in turn as he spoke.

"We have come to believe that our dreams are a sign from Hathor herself, one that will lead us to our destined mates," the crimson-eyed youth spoke passionately, ignoring the astonished gasps from some of the elders at his mention of their patron goddess.

For a long time the Alpha did not speak, warding off any conversation from the others with a well placed glare as he considered what the teens were asking.

"I see," he drawled finally, locking eyes with the crimson-eyed teen, "and have you discussed these dreams and your interpretations of them with the Priestess?"

"Yes, in great length . . . and she agrees with our judgement.   Furthermore, she believes we must begin our journey now if we are to be successful," the youth replied calmly, still unsure of their leader's true opinion but determined to win him over.

Silence reigned over the room as their leader contemplated the teens' words, being careful not to let his personal opinion sway his final decision.

Just as the teens felt the stifling quiet becoming suffocating, their Alpha spoke once more, "Very well.  Gather your friends and prepare for your journey.   You have our full support and our blessings."

The crimson-eyed teen smiled as his friends clapped him on the back, "Thank you, father."

Akunamanon smiled back at his son, "There's nothing to thank me for, Atem.  Just promise, for your mothers' sake that you'll write us once in a while."

Marik snickered and elbowed the silver-haired teen in the ribs, "Bakura will if he doesn't want his mom to drag him back by his tail!"

"That's nothing compared to what YOUR mother will do!" he hissed back, giving Marik's spiky blond locks a sharp tug in reprimand.

"That's enough you two!" Atem growled, grabbing his friends and dragging them from the tent.  He didn't want his father to regret his decision or worse, change his mind, just because his friends were being immature.

"Are you sure they'll be all right on their own?" one of the female elder's asked, "They're still so young."

"I would not have permitted it if I did not believe in all three of them," Akunamanon stated, his conviction showing clearly in his voice.  "They may be young, but they believe this is the path they must take, and if it truly is Hathor's will, then who am I to defy our goddess' will?"

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Thousands of miles away, on one of the islands of Japan, a small family enjoyed a rare moment of true freedom in the wild.

Stationed high atop a rock formation, a pair of sapphire-blue eyes watched the playful antics of two wolf pups mock-fighting in the clearing below, his ears alert to any foreign sounds.  There were few wild creatures in the area that could pose a possible threat, but the forest was far too close to the city for the older wolf's liking.

((Oniisan, come play with us!)) the teal and aqua-furred pup called up to him when he and his litter mate paused in their play.

((Yeah Nii-sama.  Pleeeaase?)) the smaller, ebony-furred pup whined, widening his blue-gray eyes for effect.

Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, the cinnamon-brown furred wolf stood, scenting the air for anything nearby.  Once assured that there was no potential danger, he returned his gaze to his siblings.  ((Very well,)) he replied, bounding down the rocks to join his brothers.  ((But not for long, we have school tomorrow.))

((Aaww.))

-

November 29, 2006
-edited June 23, 2009

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o