Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Slave for All Time ❯ Dating, Spying and Final Confession ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

—I just want to apologize for not updating in a really, really long time. A lot of changes have happened in my life. Some I could deal with, but most of it I couldn't. Let's just say I had a lot of me issues to work through and yaoi was something I definitely couldn't deal with. But I think I'm okay now…we'll see.
 
—Someone brought something to my attention that a person on deviantart.com stole my chibi Atemu picture. I am thoroughly pissed off about this and have removed all my artwork, except the picture that person stole. If anyone who has a deviantart account could tell me how I should go about reporting this or contacting deviantart, I would greatly appreciate it. I have never had this happen to me before and would welcome any help anyone could give.
 
Chapter 25 - Dating, Spying and Final Confession
 
The phone rang before Yugi could leave. Since he was the only one in the house, he picked it up. He hoped the caller wouldn't be too long or he'd be late for his rendez-vous with Bakura. It wasn't really a date, yet. Yugi was still unsure if he ought to save his heart for Yami. It was apparent that he had to. But, even if his life was somehow shorter, it would be nice to spend his last days with somebody who actually liked him.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Yugi…” It was Yami.
 
“Hi Yami-kun.”
 
“What are you doing today?”
 
Yugi blinked. What was Yami doing? “Uh…going to Burger World. Why?”
 
“Just asking. What about tomorrow?”
 
“Are you…asking me—?”
 
“No! I told you…I'm not gay.”
 
Yugi bit his lower lip. You say that, but you keep sending me mixed signals and I hate it, he thought. “Well, I have to go. I'm meeting Bakura at Burger World.”
 
“Oh. Bye then…” There was a click and a dial tone. Yugi slammed the receiver down. Sometimes Yami was so frustrating.
 
——————
 
Bakura was five minutes late. Yugi checked his watch again. Yep, 2:05. Maybe Bakura was lost. Yugi wished he knew if Bakura had a cell phone or not. He wished he had a cell phone.
 
Yami was standing across the street in an alley near a shoe store. He was wearing a dark blue tank top and black leather pants with sunglasses over his eyes. He made sure Yugi couldn't see him. Yami figured he had lost his mind. Trailing some guy he didn't love. He didn't love Yugi. That's what he kept telling himself.
 
Yugi stood in the shade of Burger World, looking around and checking his watch. He looked adorable in his white button-up top and dark blue jeans that hugged his hips and butt cheeks. Yugi would occasionally pace back and forth and Yami could plainly see how well the jeans fit his butt. He could also just barely make out the hourglass tattoo. Was it really true? Or did Yugi just get the tattoo to freak him out? No, Yugi was afraid of needles. He spazzed out when the school nurse wanted to give him a shot.
 
It was 2:12 now and Yami was just deciding to go over to talk to Yugi when Bakura showed up. Yugi waved and Bakura waved back.
 
“Sorry I'm late, Yugi.”
 
“It's okay. Want to go get a burger?”
 
“Sure.”
 
Yami waited until they'd gone inside and then hurried across the street to the fast food joint. The place was paneled with odd green-colored walls and smooth, tiled white floors. All over the walls were posters of burgers and specials the restaurant was having. There were rows of tables that were divided by half walls and potted, fake hedges. Yami sat down at a table behind the hedges while Yugi and Bakura sat down on his right on the other side of the hedges.
 
They ordered food and talked about school, which male actors were the hottest, what they enjoyed doing to their spare time. Yugi never mentioned the stuff about the pharaoh and his love slave. Yami kept slumped in his seat so that the top of his spiky hair was behind the hedges.
 
A bosomy waitress strolled over to Yami and asked, “Ready to order?”
 
Yami shuddered, hoping Yugi wouldn't hear. When he was sure they were talking, Yami said, “Just a soda and small fries.”
 
The waitress stared at him and then went off. Yugi and Bakura continued talking without notice. Yami listened carefully as they moved onto more school-related stuff.
 
“So is there anyone at school that you like, Yugi?” Bakura asked. “What about Kotara-san?”
 
“Oh. Well…we, uh. He's a friend.” Yugi said, stiffing uncomfortably in his seat.
 
“I gather I've hit a soft spot. I'm sorry.” Bakura replied, finishing off his hamburger. “Well, about getting a summer job…”
 
“Yeah you said the video rental store you worked at was hiring.”
 
“If you want, I can ask my boss to give you a job.”
 
“Sounds great. I hope it won't be too much trouble.”
 
Bakura stood his head. “No. It should be all right. We can cover the same shift together.” He blushed slightly and looked down at the table. “Well, if y-you want to.”
 
Yugi blushed too. “O-Okay.” He paused for a moment and said, “Want to catch a movie?”
 
Bakura's face lit up. “Sure!”
 
Yami frowned. The waitress came towards him, but he shooed her away. Yugi and Bakura paid for their food and Yami trailed behind a fair distance.
 
The streets were crowded with people and couples going shopping or spending the Saturday afternoon relaxing from work or school. Yami kept an eye on Yugi and Bakura as they trudged through towards the movie theater. They seemed happy together and even held hands. Or maybe they were holding hands so they would not be separated in the crowds.
 
Once in the movie theater, Bakura went to the bathroom while Yugi bought the tickets and went to get some snacks. Yami bought a ticket for the same movie and his mind wandered to what would happen if Yugi and Bakura became a couple. It would get Yugi off his back, but…was that a good thing? Of course it was. He just had to keep telling himself that he wasn't gay.
 
Suddenly, he ran directly into Yugi. Yugi stumbled, regained his balance and saw Yami. “Yami-kun!”
 
Yami pretended to be interested in the snack bar menu. “Oh I was, uh, just bored and came to the movie theater.”
 
“Oh. Really?”
 
“Yes.” Yami stared at him. “What are you doing here?”
 
“Seeing a movie with Bakura.”
 
“So this is a date?”
 
“Sort of.”
 
Yami ordered a drink and a small popcorn without butter and said, “See you at school.”
 
“Bye, I guess,” Yugi replied. “Pharaoh…”
 
“What pharaoh?” Bakura asked, standing behind Yugi.
 
“Oh nobody. C'mon, I'll buy your snacks.”
 
The movie was boring and Yami could just barely make out Yugi and Bakura in the dark. They were sitting side-by-side, sharing popcorn and a box of gummi bears. They laughed together at the funny parts and clung together during the scary moments. Yami gripped his armrests hard whenever Yugi clung to Bakura's arm for protection. He didn't understand why. Well, he partly did, but he partly did not want to believe it.
 
Yami decided to concentrate on the movie and stalk them once they'd left the theater. The hero of the movie was now in the middle of saving his girl from a burning building that was going to blow up in 30 seconds. Somehow he managed to get out and the building exploded in a burst of light and flames.
 
Yami caught sight of Yugi and his eyes widened when he saw Bakura and Yugi pressing their lips together in utter passion. In that moment of light in the theater, Yami's blood boiled and he grabbed his popcorn and hurled it straight at the white-haired boy.
 
——————
 
Yugi saw Yami flee into the darkness and out of the theater. He frowned hard and helped Bakura pick the popcorn from his hair. Once the movie was over, Yugi stomped towards the bathroom. He found Yami washing his hands. With one swift movement, Yugi shoved the soccer player. Yami stumbled and ran into the wall that framed the sinks, separating them from the toilets and urinals.
 
“Yugi!”
 
“Dammit, what is your problem?! If you don't love me, why are you stalking me and stringing my feelings along.”
 
Yami grabbed his arms and forced him against the opposite wall, raising him slightly off his feet. “I don't know! Stop tempting me.”
 
“Fine! Then let me die in peace.”
 
“I wish I could.”
 
“Then why don't you love me? Don't you understand how much it is killing me?” He was crying now. “I don't want to save my heart for someone I can't have.”
 
Yami put him down. “Then here's my decision. I don't love you. I'll never love you. No matter what happens, I do NOT love you.”
 
The hourglass on Yugi's arm glowed and disappeared. Yugi felt sick and crumpled to the ground in a sobbing heap. He wanted to vomit, but he couldn't. He didn't have the energy. Why did his energy vanish all of a sudden?
 
Yami wanted to pick him up and hug him until he stopped crying, but his heart suddenly felt indifferent to Yugi's tears. He walked out of the bathroom and left the theater as Bakura went into the bathroom to check on Yugi. He was the only one to comfort Yugi now.
 
—I'll never upload art online again. This whole stolen picture is really upsetting and just adding slight frustration to my life that I seriously don't need. I'll update when I'm able. I really can't give an exact date right now.
 
—If you are curious about who this person is, e-mail me and I'll give you the link to the stolen picture. I send many thanks to the person who found it. Once this issue resolved, I'm taking down the Atemu picture.