Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Night-Burning Rose ❯ Arise ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Night-Burning Rose

Chapter 1/ Arise

============

Author's note: I don't own Yugioh, nor am I claiming to. I do own Loreille and Cressida. Loreille is Pegasus's daughter.

This takes place during the Duelist Kingdom Tournament, just after the duel with Pegasus and Seto.

===================

Loreille was up in her room, reading a book. She usually did nothing much otherwise. Since her mother, Cecilia's death, she had been cold, bitter, and outcasting. She rarely spoke and hardly even left her room. The only one she'd ever talk to was Cressida, a nine-tailed fox capable of breathing fire. Cressida at the moment, was asleep on Loreille's aquamarine colored-canopy bed. The speaker turned on. "Miss Loreille," it was Croquet, "Your father requests Cressida and your presence at the guest dining room."

Cressida, as well? Loreille mused. She shook Cressida awake and the two walked out the door.

===================

Loreille and Cressida arrived in the guest dining room. Loreille sat down in the chair at the front end of the table, Cressida sitting on the floor next to her. The door burst open and Yugi and the others came in, Joey running right to the table. "Eh?" he blinked. "Who are you?"

"..." Loreille made no reply. It was to be expected. Joey raised an eyebrow and sat down two seats away from her right. Mai sat down across from him. Ryou sat down next to Loreille's right and Yugi to her left. (I think you can decide the rest of the organization) Disturbed by the fact someone has sat down next to Loreille without her permission, Cressida's lips curled into a snarl. She growled at Ryou and Yugi. The two were about to move, when Loreille moved her hand in front of them. They sat back down. Loreille shot a warning glance at Cressida. Cressida lowered her body in to lying down position and wimpered quietly, she dropped her crimson eyes to the floor. Loreille's navy irises shifted from her back to the floor. A chef walked into the room and placed the meals on their plates. Joey immediately began to stuff his face. "This is delicious! The cook here is good!"

"Actually," said the chef from the kitchen, "The food was made by Loreille Pegasus."

"Who's that?" said Tristan, eating a piece of stake. The `chef' laughed and pointed out of the kitchen doorway, and to Loreille, who had given her food to Cressida. Joey's jaw dropped. "That means you Pegasus's Daughter!"

"..." Loreille still said nothing.

"It just doesn't seem possible." Said Yugi. "Loreille's nothing like Pegasus." Loreille knew very well she was nothing like him. She knew he meant well, but he didn't have to hurt other people to restore her mother's life. She knew as a fact that Pegasus couldn't restore Cecilia completely. It was impossible to restore life completely, where it had been lost. Cressida looked up at her master and whimpered quietly, seeing how Loreille was in a bitter mood, even for her. She put her front paws on her lap. Loreille responded by petting her on the head to the base of her neck. Cressida stood back up and wandered about the room, looking over the finalists in the Duelist Kingdom. She was ok with Yugi, Ryou, and Mai. Joey and Tristan were too food-craving. And Bandit Keith just had a bad air surrounding him. Cressida nuzzled Ryou on his leg and did the same with Yugi and Mai. Yugi looked at Cressida as the nine-tailed fox walked towards the kitchen. She seems nice enough...thought Yugi as he watched Cressida walk back into the room, carrying a steak in her mouth. Ryou noticed the golden manacle around Loreille's wrist. He found it rather odd. He checked to see if Yugi had noticed it too, which he did.

Knowing they were looking at her Millennium Band, Loreille covered the manacle with her other hand.

She stood up without warning and walked down the hall, and towards her bedroom. Cressida followed. The others who were still at the table just stared as Loreille left.

That night, Loreille was out on her bedroom's balcony, Cressida at her side of course. The two were staring at nothing special at all. Loreille turned her head when she heard the doorknob turn. Cressida turned around as well. The door opened slowly and Yugi's head popped out, scanning the room. His eyes widened as he saw Loreille. "Oh, Loreille! I-I'm sorry! I w-was just..." Cressida's glare silenced him. She was maybe fond of Yugi, but she wouldn't tolerate anyone but Pegasus to enter Loreille's room just like that. Loreille shot a glare at Cressida, then looked back at Yugi.

Yugi looked directly into her eyes. They were Navy Blue and were as deep as a bottomless lake. However, her face, her eyes, her whole body showed no sign of emotion what so ever. Her eyes...they were cold and outcasting. Her lips, glossed with a pale-rose lipstick, were also expressionless and in a cold manner. Her arms were either always crossed around her chest, or simply on her lap (when sitting down). Loreille's glare was clearly saying `What are you doing here?'

Yugi understood her gaze's question. "I was just...looking around for my room..." he said nervously. Loreille's glare didn't change. She simply walked out the room, gesturing for him to follow. Yugi did so.

Loreille led him down a corridor and to his bedroom for the night. She nodded silently and retreated back down the long hall. Yugi stared after her until she was out of sight. He opened the door. As he headed for the bed, he saw a note on the nightstand.

Yugi,

I'm assuming you don't know the way around the castle just yet. I know as a fact you don't know the proper path to the Dueling Platform. So, I will have Cressida guide you there. You'll see her at your door at nine o' clock in the morning. Take great care.

~Loreille Pegasus

Yugi blinked. How did Loreille know that? Well, she was the co-hostess of the Duelist Kingdom Tournament, but still...and who was Cressida? He sighed and got into bed.

-------

Mistwolf: So...what do ya think?

Yami: I for one like Loreille. She's well mannered, quiet, and-

Mistwolf: We know, we know...

Marik: Well, please review!