Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ One Way Street ❯ chapter12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One Way Street

by Dragondreamer and Yami Dragon

Disclaimer: We don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! DUH! If we did, the show wouldn't be fit for kids, that's for sure!

Warning: This story contains shouenen-ai (guy/guy relationships) and yaoi (guys having sex with guys). It also contains coarse language and violence. If you don't like it, or become offended by such things, what are you doing here? Haven't you figured out by now that all our writing contains this stuff?

Note: /…/ Tristan's thoughts

[…] Seto's thoughts

~*~*~*~*~

Seto: Well, DD is down and out. She just got back from the dentist.

Tristan: And Dragon's with her, so we're here by ourselves.

Bakura: They should know better.

Seto: Anyway, in this chapter we see once again that the mutt's not the brightest crayon in the box.

~*~*~*~*~

"TRISTAN?!" Joey screamed into the phone. "Tristan! Answer me!!"

"FUCK!" Joey slammed down the phone and tried to calm himself.

A quick check of the caller ID let him know that his friend was calling from his house and not Kaiba's. He ran out the door, not bothering with a coat, and pounded down the street.

"He said "he's coming back". What did he mean?" The blond muttered to himself as he ran. All he knew was that Tristan had to be in pretty bad shape if he thought he needed help with a single person.

Using every shortcut he knew, and inventing a few new ones, he quickly found himself at the Taylor residence. Knowing Tristan's habit of not locking the door, Joey burst into the house, calling Tristan's name.

When he didn't receive an answer he took the stairs two at a time and ran into Tristan's room. He skidded to a halt halfway into the room, almost tripping over his own feet.

"Tristan! Oh gods, no!"

Trying to wrap his brain around what his eyes were seeing, Joey approached the bed. There seemed to be blood everywhere, covering Tristan's body, soaked into the sheets and dripping from Tristan's outstretched arm onto the floor.

"Tristan…" Joey sank to his knees. "Please…open your eyes. Talk to me, bro."

He heard footsteps in the hallway and tensed.

"He's coming back." Joey whispered to himself and turned to face Tristan's attacker.

~*~*~*~*~

Seto pulled his Harley into the driveway and shut off the engine. He sat for a minute, looking up at the house.

There was a soft glow coming from Tristan's bedroom window and there was a light on downstairs.

[What if he's with Brad? What if they're..?] Seto shook his head. [It doesn't matter. I want him with me, no matter what. I'm not going to stand back and let that son of a bitch take him from me.]

He climbed from the bike and approached the door, frowning when he found it open. He entered the house, shutting the door softly behind him, and cautiously made his way upstairs.

He heard a voice coming from Tristan's room, but it wasn't Tristan. He stepped into the doorway; the only sight of Tristan he got was his battered face before he found himself on his back in the hallway with a rabid mutt on his chest.

"You fucking asshole!" Joey screamed, drawing his fist back. "How could you do this to him!!?"

Seto was thanking his quick reflexes when he caught Joey's fist a scarce inch from his face.

"You bastard!" Joey struggled to pull his hand from Seto's grasp. "I can't believe you'd do this!"

Seto pushed Joey off him. "Do what?! I didn't do anything!"

Joey glared at him through sweat matted bangs. "If you didn't do it, who the hell did?!"

"What are you babbling about, mutt?"

Joey scrambled to his feet. "Tristan, you prick!"

Seto pushed to his feet, shoving Joey out of the way, and entered the bedroom. He stopped short at the sight of his lover.

"Tristan…no…what happened?" Seto dropped down in the spot recently vacated by Joey. "Baby…gods…"

"Well, if it wasn't you, who was it?" Joey demanded, standing behind Seto, arms crossed.

Before Seto could answer, Tristan moaned, moving slightly. "Joey…"

"I'm here, pal." Joey knelt down next to Seto, reaching out, but afraid to touch his friend.

"Gotta get out…he's coming back…Joey…"

"Tristan? It was Brad, wasn't it?" Seto asked.

Tristan slowly opened his eyes, fear lancing across his features. "Seto? No…n-no…"

"Hush, love. It's okay."

"No…please…"

Joey looked at Seto warily. "We've got to get him to the hospital."

"Joey…no…no hospital." Tristan was struggling feebly to sit up. "Can't. They'll…call my parents."

"Tristan…" Joey began.

"No!" Tristan tried to move, only to jar his injured shoulder, crying out in pain.

Seto instinctively moved to catch him, easing him back down. "You need help, Tristan."

Tristan's eyes went wide and he pushed at Seto with his good hand. "Don't…don't!"

Seto quickly let go, moving back, shocked at Tristan's reaction. Joey moved to his side, laying a hand on Tristan's chest. He looked over his shoulder at Seto, whose face had gone white.

"Don't just sit there, Kaiba! Do something!"

"He's coming back…Joey…have to get out…please."

Joey felt Tristan shudder under his hand as he lost consciousness again. "Can't you call someone? Kaiba, come on! We have to get him out of here!"

Seto shook off his daze, jumping to his feet and grabbing the phone from the floor.

Joey only half listened as Seto gave several terse commands to whoever he was calling. He was trying to figure out who "he" was. If it wasn't Kaiba, why had he reacted the way he did when Kaiba touched him. He had never seen Tristan take such a beating.

Seto sat back down on the floor next to Joey, his eyes locked on Tristan.

"Alright, Kaiba. If it wasn't you, who was it?"

"Brad." Seto whispered.

"Who the fuck is Brad?!"

"Not now. I've got people on the way and my doctor will meet me at my place."

"Well," Joey stood up. "You're not taking him anywhere without me. We can't move him until we do something about his shoulder."

Seto just nodded as Joey left the room, coming back in a minute later with some towels.

"Here." He handed Seto a damp towel. "Clean some of the blood off him. I'm gonna wrap up his shoulder."

Seto did as he was told, moving mechanically, not even registering he was taking orders from the blond.

Joey quickly tore a towel into thin strips and wound one around the knife sticking from Tristan's shoulder, thankful the other was out cold. He bound the shoulder as best he could, moving to wipe the blood from Tristan's arm and hand.

Seto gently wiped the blood from Tristan's face and chest, feeling his heart clench. [This is my fault. If I hadn't run off, this wouldn't have happened.]

He started wiping the blood from Tristan's thighs, tears filling his eyes.

Joey stopped what he was doing when he heard what sounded like a sob coming from Seto. Looking up, he saw tears running down the other's face. That's when he realized it wasn't just blood Seto was cleaning off Tristan's legs.

"Oh gods." Joey whispered. "Kaiba…he was…no way! You mean, this guy…he…"

Seto sat back on his heels, dropping the stained towel, the tears flowing faster. "I can't…"

"Master Kaiba!"

Both boys jumped, and turned to see a large man in his middle forties standing in the doorway, his face a mask of horror.

"John." Seto got to his feet, wiping his eyes and pulling himself together. "Is the car here?"

"Yes, sir."

"Just a sec." Joey ran out of the room and returned with the comforter from Tristan's parent's bed. "Let's wrap him up in this."

With John's help they managed to get Tristan wrapped up in the comforter. He didn't regain consciousness, though he stirred a few times, much to Seto's relief.

Seto's bodyguard picked him up gently and followed Seto downstairs, Joey following. When they reached the limo, Seto climbed in first, allowing John to settle Tristan on his side with his head in Seto's lap. Joey crawled in, sitting opposite.

"John, move my bike into the garage. I want you to stay here for now. If anyone tries to get in the house, I want you to detain them and call me."

"Yes, sir." John got out of the car, shutting the door.

Seto ran his fingers gently over Tristan's bruised face. "Tristan…I'm so sorry."

"Time to answer some questions, Kaiba."

Seto jerked his head up. He had forgotten Joey was there.

"Please, Joey…not now." Seto's voice was hoarse as he tried to fight back the tears that were threatening again. He needed to keep a level head if he was going to do what needed to be done.

Joey's eyes widened at Seto's use of his name. He'd never heard the CEO call him anything but "mutt", or some other canine reference.

He was silent the rest of the ride, watching Seto stroking Tristan's face and whispering to him.

When they arrived, the limo door was opened as soon as they stopped and another of Seto's people took Tristan and carried him into the house.

The doctor waited at the top of the stairs, directing them to the bedroom next to Seto's.

Tristan stirred as he was laid down. He began to come around and he reached out a hand to Joey. "Joey…stay with me."

"I'm not going anywhere." Joey took Tristan's hand and gingerly sat on the edge of the bed.

"Tristan," Seto moved into the other's view. "My doctor is going to take care of you, okay?"

Tristan turned his head away, closing his eyes.

"Please, love…" Seto swallowed hard. "Brad did this, didn't he?"

Tristan nodded, not looking at the other brunet, closing his fingers around Joey's hand in a tight grip.

Seto turned and left the room without another word. Joey pulled away from Tristan, telling him he'd be right back, and went after him.

"Where the hell are you going?" Joey grabbed him by the arm. "Tristan needs you!"

Seto jerked his arm from the blond's grip. "I'm going after the bastard who did this."

"Kaiba…"

"Please…Joey. Stay with him. He seems to need you more than me. I'll be back as soon as I can."

Joey stared into Seto's eyes for a moment, seeing immense pain under the growing rage. "Just don't get yourself killed."

Seto inclined his head in acknowledgement of the other's statement and turned away.

Joey watched as Seto walked away, then shook his head and went back to Tristan. He hoped Seto knew what he was doing. And he knew he'd have to wait until things settled before he got the answers he wanted.

~*~*~*~*~

Seto ordered the driver to stop a block away from Tristan's house. After dismissing the man, he walked swiftly up the street, hoping he had arrived in time.

Reaching the edge of the property, he called out softly to his bodyguard.

"Sir." John appeared out of the shadows.

"Anything?"

"No, sir. I haven't seen anyone."

"Fine." Seto turned away. "You're dismissed."

"Master Kaiba." John put a hand on Seto's shoulder. "I don't think you should be here alone."

"John," Seto turned to face his bodyguard of three years. "I realize you're just doing your job, but I need to do this."

"If this person beat up your friend that badly, well…I don't want to see the same thing happen to you."

Seto held up a hand. "I'll be fine. Please, leave."

John sighed in defeat. He had been with his employer long enough to know there were times when he just wouldn't listen to reason. "Very well, sir."

Seto immediately forgot the man as he moved towards the house, letting himself inside. When he arrived in Tristan's bedroom, his eyes went immediately to the bed. Adrenaline pounded through his body, making him shake.

[I'm going to kill you, Brad. I'm going to kill you with my bare hands, you sick bastard.]

Seto backed toward the wall, intending to wait in the shadows, when something clicked against his boot. He looked down and saw a glint of sliver. Reaching for it, he realized it was Tristan's Blue Eyes pendant. He picked it up, noticing the chain was broken. He rubbed his thumb over it, rage warring with tears.

[He did nothing to deserve what you did. Except love you. Well, I'll get his revenge for him. You can be sure of that.]

The shadows swallowed him as he stepped back to await his prey.

~*~*~*~*~

Brad dropped the bag of his belongings he had gone to retrieve on the couch in the living room. He figured he didn't have to bother looking for an apartment now. He'd just stay here with Tristan. It'd be like old times, now that Tristan was his again.

"I'm back, Tristan." Brad called, entering the bedroom.

Brad looked at the empty bed, fury darkening his features. "Tristan! I told you not to leave! Where are you?!"

"Safe from you."

Brad spun around as Seto stepped into the middle of the room.

"Well, if it isn't the famous Seto Kaiba. Or should I say infamous." Brad sneered.

"I'd like to ask you a question before I kill you." Seto's voice dripped venom.

Brad was taken aback for a moment before he laughed. "You're going to kill me? You've got to be kidding!"

"I don't kid." Seto's sapphire eyes bore into Brad's. "Do you doubt me?"

"I do. I'm three times your size." A smirk crossed his lips. "If Tristan wasn't a match for me, you're certainly not going to be."

Seto's icy eyes narrowed. "Don't be so sure."

"Why are you here, Kaiba? Trying to defend the long lost honor of a known slut?"

"He's not a slut." Seto growled.

"Oh, really? What would you call him then?" Brad laughed. "You know, Kaiba, there's cheaper whores out there."

"You mean like you?" Seto smiled suddenly. "Bakura told me you fell on your back the first time he met you. He didn't even have to buy you dinner."

"You bastard!" Brad screamed, taking a wild swing at the CEO.

Seto side-stepped the poorly aimed punch and turned on his heel, his other foot coming up to connect with Brad's stomach as the bigger man passed him. Brad fell to his knees, clutching his stomach and gasping for air.

"Size isn't everything." Seto smirked as he stepped in front of Brad.

Brad shot a hand out, as if to grab Seto, but he never made it. Seto grabbed his hand, applying pressure to a certain nerve that had Brad gasping as pain shot up his arm and into his chest. Seto then seized a handful of the other's hair and slammed his head down to meet an upraised knee, feeling his nose break on contact.

When he let go, Brad fell onto his back, moaning.

Seto stood looking down at him with loathing, before placing his foot on Brad's throat, steadily applying pressure. Brad grabbed his ankle, but was unable to move him.

"So much for my new boots." Seto commented, grimacing as Brad's blood splattered over them. "So, give me one good reason why I shouldn't just kill you now."

"Because you don't need his blood on your hands."

Seto looked up to see Bakura standing in the doorway.

"Gods, Kaiba! When I told you to fight for him, this is NOT what I meant!"

Bakura took in the situation, his eyes narrowing at the blood on the bed. He locked gazes with Brad, whose eyes were wide with fear.

"He deserves to die." Seto snarled, pressing down harder.

"Where's Tristan?"

"Safe…no thanks to this waste of life. I swore I'd kill him for what he did."

Bakura's eyes narrowed. "Which is?"

"He raped Tristan. He beat him and stabbed him." Seto's voice had gone flat and lifeless. "He doesn't deserve to live."

Brad looked up at Bakura with pleading eyes to meet with deep brown orbs gone black with anger. "You son of a bitch…you used me to get to him, didn't you?"

Brad was unable to answer. His lips were turning blue as Seto applied more weight to his throat.

"You can't kill him, Kaiba."

"Why not?"

"You don't need to go to jail for murder." Bakura pointed out, impassively watching as his lover's eyes rolled back into his head.

"I've gotten away with it before."

Bakura raised an eyebrow. "Still, you don't need this. And I'm not going to let you do it. I will."

"Really? You'd do it yourself?" Seto looked skeptical.

"No one betrays me. No one uses me and lives."

"Hmm. Fine then." Seto raised his boot from Brad's neck, only to stomp down, crushing the man's larynx. "At least now, no one can hear him scream."

Brad curled up on his side, fighting for breath he wasn't able to draw.

"Leave." Bakura put a hand on Seto's arm. "Go back to Tristan."

"Just make sure he's dead." Seto's eyes were bottomless pools of ice. "I'll send in a crew to clean up after you. You've got twenty minutes."

"If he lasts that long." Bakura unsheathed his knife from his boot.

"Twenty minutes, Bakura."

Seto left without a backwards glance, past caring what happened to Brad. All he wanted now was to get back to Tristan and assure himself that his love was okay. Crossing the living room, he noticed the bag on the couch. Picking it up, he saw the name "Brad Hawkes" written on a tag hanging from the handle. Seto took it with him as he exited the house.

He fixed the bag onto the Harley and went to pull on his helmet when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He started, spinning around.

"I'm sorry for startling you, sir."

"John. I thought I told you to leave." Seto glared at the man.

"I know you did, but I wouldn't be much of a bodyguard if I didn't make sure you made it out of there alright."

Seto sighed. "It's okay. Well, seeing as you are here, I need you to do a few things for me."

"Certainly."

Seto unstrapped the bag from his bike. "Get rid of this. And I mean GET RID of it. And call a crew in about fifteen minutes to clean up in there. I don't want a trace of what happened here tonight. None. Do whatever you need to do. And," Seto's voice broke with a sob. "Burn the bed. I don't want any reminders for him."

John laid a hand on Seto's arm. "I'll take care of everything. Go home to your friend."

"Thank you, John." Seto mumbled, pulling on his helmet.

John watched his young boss pull away. Shaking his head, he turned his attention back to the house, knowing that the white haired boy was still in there, along with the man he knew was responsible for tonight's events. Somehow he knew that that man wouldn't be leaving here alive.

~*~*~*~*~

"No last words?" Bakura asked, grabbing Brad by the hair and pulling him into a sitting position. "Oh wait, I forgot. Kaiba took care of that already."

He pulled Brad's head back and pressed the knife below his ear. "This is for me." Bakura viciously slashed the man's throat open. He stepped back as the blood began to pump from the wound.

"I did promise Ryou I wouldn't kill again, and quite frankly, death is too good for you."

A thick black and purple mist began to swirl around the room. The temperature dropped suddenly and Bakura smiled. He watched Brad carefully as the spray of blood began to slow.

"I'm going to leave you here. Leave you to relive the agony of your last breath for the rest of eternity."

A small vortex opened behind the spirit and he backed toward it.

Meeting Brad's terrified eyes one last time, he snarled. "This is for Tristan!"

The vortex closed, leaving Bakura standing alone in Tristan's bedroom. He looked at the knife in his hand, bringing it up to his lips and licking it clean before snapping it back into his boot.

He sighed, turning to leave. "Oh well. It was fun while it lasted."

~*~*~*~*~

Bakura: Okay, everyone wave!

Everyone: *waves* BYE BRAD!!

Seto: Too bad they had to kill him off though. He was a great bad guy.

Tristan: Says you!

Bakura: So, please review and no flames…better yet…go ahead…I love fire.

Tristan: *rolls eyes* Please don't flame. They can afford to have the psycho burn down the house.