Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ring of Suffering ❯ Part one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
ring

My name is not Kazuki Takahashi so I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!

*******************

I sat on my bed, waiting. The evil spirit, my other half loves to have his victims anxious and I was his favorite victim. He said I was weak. Maybe I am. The beatings he gave me would make anyone who was the unfortunate victim seem weak. I never asked for help and it was impossible for me to get away from him. It would only give me a more server beating and endanger others' lives.

I have no friends. All my friends before I met him are in a coma and everyone else are too afraid to come close to me. Even Yugi-kun stays away.

I hate it. Who knew that getting a gift from a joyous occasion could me such great pain. I remembered when I first got that accursed Sennen Ring.

***FLASHBACK***

"Otou-san!" I cried out when my father opened the door. He had been in Egypt for nearly six months and had missed my birthday just last month.

"Hello to you too," he chuckled as he ruffed up my hair while I merely pouted. I hated when people do that to me.

"I'm sorry I missed your birthday but my boss just wouldn't let me go. I brought something for you from Egypt. Think of it as a belated birthday gift."

He handed me a gift wrapped in a brown packaging. It wasn't exactly the ideal kind of gift-wrapping but I was so happy to get a present that I tore all that ugly paper away.

I gasped as gold was revealed to me. It was round like a ring with a loop at the top for the leather strap to go through and five pendants hung from the bottom half. There was a flat upright triangle in the cent of the ring and smack dabbed in the middle of it was a golden eye, which I recognized as an eye of Horus.

"It's called the Sennen Ring or at least that's what the merchant told me. He said that it had something to do with Duel Monsters but isn't that the latest game that everyone's into. It doesn't make sense but I don't know, I feel that you were destined for it so I got it for you."

I was barely listening to my father, just absent-mindedly nodding my head in response. I was too entrapped with the ring and that eye had me hypnotized.

***END FLASHBACK***

I was startled when I heard a crash and for a moment was petrified by fear. I relaxed slightly when I realized that the sound was from across the street. Most likely Mr. Nizumo's dog had knocked over the garbage cans. I looked at the clock and realized that it was 7 p.m.

I scoffed at my previous memory. My father had said that he felt I was destined to have the ring. Was I destined to be under all of this abuse that the evil spirit gave? Was I supposed to feel all of this pain? This hopelessness?

I wonder where the spirit was. Probably out to terrorize someone. As I waited for him, I thought about my first meeting with the spirit.

***FLASHBACK***

I opened the door to my home. The house was empty since my father had left for Egypt again. I trekked up to my bedroom and took out the Sennen Ring. I didn't understand my fascination with it, but it seemed like it calling out to me. Calling me to unlock something within it.

All of a sudden, it started to glow. I rubbed my eyes thinking what I had experienced was an illusion of some sort. The next thing I saw made me think that I was looking into so kind of twisted and creepy mirror. He looked almost exactly like me, but I could tell the slight difference between us. He was taller be a few inches, his hair more untamed, spiky and rough than my smooth silky locks. His features were much sharper than mine, and his eyes… His eyes were the most horrifying feature I had ever seen. They were narrow, and cold, like a barren wasteland. The irises were a mixture of purple and dark brown. They were the eyes of a killer and showed no emotion unlike mine, which everyone has said were overflowed with my emotions. He took one look at me and sneered, showing off enlarged eyeteeth.

"So," he said. "You're the one that unchained me from my millenniums of imprisonment. I think I should be grateful." The being stomped over to me and I was pulled up from the floor by my hair.

"But I'm not," he snarled before slamming me into the wall. I experienced whiplash because of the speed and strength he used. I became dizzy and was losing consciousness. The last thing I saw was the spirit looking at me like some disgusting bug. "Weak" he spat out.

********************

Weird huh? I admit it's not as great as it could be.

This was originally my original short story for English, but I'm making a lot of changes to make it into a fanfiction. This was also supposed to be a one-shot but since I haven't fully revised it I'm cutting it into three parts and putting it into short chapters.

If you want to read the original you guys can email me for it or read on fictionpress.net, but I'm not too sure if it's still there. (hint*hint* I use the same penname) And as always review.