Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Stranger of the Duel ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim to hold ownership of Yu-gi-oh and all of its components

 

Revelations

 

Seto worked efficiently and carefully. This is going to have to be perfect if it's going to beat whatever Scizoran's got coming out. Seto paused as he realized what he had just thought. It was the sort of thing that he would have thought months ago, before he knew Cali. He really was back to himself. He continued programming the final touches on the image quality, striving for perfection, for graphics that looked real.

 

Finally satisfied with his creation, Seto finished tightening the last bolt and stood back to survey his work. The computer whistled with admiration behind him.

 

"It's even better than the blueprints," the computer said.

"I have to change them to match what I've actually done."

 

Seto started heading back upstairs to get the file he needed, unaware that there were others after the same file.

***

Bakura slipped through the shadows, passing his own house (complete with a fallen tree) on the way to his destination. He ran quickly and silently, the way a good thief should. He slowed down when he reached the brightly lit downtown of Domino City. Not very many respectable people were out at this time of the night (some would call it morning), so all he had to do was pull a miserable, the-world-hates-me pout on his face and swagger along like the other morbid people around.

 

Soon enough he was at the darkened museum. He wiped his face grimly and entered, picking the lock with relative ease. He knew the way well enough, only coming by a few million times a day when he worked for Talon. A security guard was whistling his way up the adjacent corridor; Bakura froze in place, partially hidden by shadow and partially exposed in the damned moonlight.

 

The guard continued staring ahead of him, but if he turned his head in the slightest, Bakura would have to fight him. The guard stopped abruptly, turning to look at an exhibit of crinoline-clad women on the right side of the hall. Bakura made a disgusted face and took the opportunity to creep into the shadows fully and take another breath.

 

Eventually the guard went on his way again, chuckling to himself. Bakura just rolled his eyes and descended to Talon's lair. He knew the damp stone halls would be empty; everyone was out searching for them. Who would've guessed he'd come here?

 

Talon was sulking in his throne room, holding his precious bottle of life elixir. This was how Bakura found him as he entered the room calmly. He held his palms out and addressed Talon pleasantly, as if he were approaching an old friend.

 

"Talon, old boy."

***

Cali felt her pocket to make sure she still had the disk. She knew that the microchip was still safely tied around her neck. She didn't know how she could survive without this disk of photographs of her parents. She was always so lonely, so lonely…

 

She took off and flew to the woods near Kaiba's office. She decided to enter from the bottom and work her way up; her existence could be very suspicious otherwise. She landed gracefully and walked purposefully to door.

 

As expected, there was a security guard posted there. Well, here I go…

She clasped her hands behind her back and ambled her way up to the guard, smiling cutely.

 

"Uh, hi; I was sent here by Mr. Kaiba to pick up some plans for something he's working on. He was too busy to come himself. Do you think you could let me in for him?"

 

"Mr. Kaiba never sends people to get things for him at night."

 

"Yes, he told me you would say that; today's the exception."

 

"I know for a fact that you're lying, miss."

 

"Won't you please let me in?"

 

"No."

 

"He sent me to get it before closing but I couldn't get here in time."

 

"You only missed it by a few hours."

 

"I was busy at the office though! Mr. Kaiba will be so angry with me if I don't get those prints for him."

 

"No can do."

 

This guy is tough to beat! Cali tried a few more times to get past, but to no avail. Looks like I'm going to have to do this a different way…

***

"It seems as if you need some better henchmen," Bakura taunted.

 

"It definitely seems that way, they've been after Cali for hours. What have you got about the pharaoh? You took longer than expected." Talon had no idea that Bakura knew that they were after him as well.

 

"Oh, I'm not here about Yugi. I'm here about you."

 

"Oh?"

 

"You have something I want, and I had better get it."

 

"I already told you; you'll get your gold after I finish the spell. You know I'm running out of elixir."

 

Talon saw Bakura's grin as this last word was mentioned.

 

"Oh, yes, about the elixir…" Bakura took a few steps forward. "I think I'll be taking that as well."

 

"You're unbelievable, Bakura. Do you honestly believe I'd just hand this over? The sole reason I'm alive?"

 

"No, and that's why I'm going to take it from you."

 

"What use would you have for it, Bakura? You leech life off of that boy; you don't need this elixir!"

 

"You don't deserve it. I'm going to destroy it."

 

Talon squinted his eyes at the angry, teenage-sized ancient before him.

 

"You love her, don't you?"

 

Bakura punched him squarely on the jaw.

***

Cali turned and smiled seductively at the guard, slowly unzipping her top a little more.

 

"Is it just me, or is it really hot out tonight?"

"It is quite humid," the guard gulped.

"Do you mind if I sit here and wait for my ride back home?"

"Be my guest."

 

Cali sat on the curb, crossing her slender legs. She sat in silence for a few minutes, then decided to try something.

 

"May I have a sip of your water?"

 

He bent and handed her the bottle as she stood again. He watched attentively as she twisted the cap off and tilted her head, allowing the crystal water to trickle into her mouth, wetting her full, pink lips.

 

He found himself opening his own mouth for the cool water, as if it would magically jump from her to him. Cali licked her lips slowly, topping the bottle again. She stepped forward to return it to him, but stepped a little closer than regular, right next to him.

 

"What time to you get off, Joseph?" She purred.

 

He'd never liked to be called Joseph, but Cali made it sound so smooth and debonair that he wished he could change his nametag instantaneously.

 

"Uh, six. Why?"

 

Cali let a little smile out, stepping even closer. She glanced at his (disgusting old) lips and then back at his eyes, then at his lips again. Suddenly, she planted her mouth on his, the only way she could get into the building.

 

The kiss was fast. Cali wanted to get away from this man old enough to be her father as soon as possible.

 

"If you let me in now, I'll have more time for you in the morning."

 

He hit the green button behind him immediately. Cali slipped inside, blowing him a kiss, and then gagging as soon as she was out of his sight. I can't believe it's come to this. She took off at a run, hearing Joe yell after her.

 

"Don't forget to bring doughnuts with you!"