Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Adventures of Simon Muran ❯ Prologue: My Tale. ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Adventures of Simon Muran

My first fanfic. This is a series telling about Yugi's grandpa Sugoroku Mutoh. Before his name was Sugoroku, he was known as Simon Muran, a master of games. This is the story telling about some of his adventures in the world of games.

Prelude: My Tale.

To disclaimer: Yu-gi-oh is sole property of Konami, Kazuki Takahashi, and other much- too-powerful people. And 4Kids can go to hell for all I care.

Today, I am known as Sugoroku Mutoh. I run a gameshop that sells games from all around the world. I am proud of my grandson Yugi for all the accomplishments he has gotten for training in the world of Duel Monsters. There was a time when I was concerned for Yugi for he had no friends and spent all his time playing with puzzles and games. However, that changed the day he solved the ancient Millenium Puzzle. That puzzle seems to have changed his life, for now he has lots of friends and is always having fun. I am so glad. However, there is a part of my life many do not know. It begins long ago when I was a young man………… back in the days I was known……… as Simon Muran…………….

My story begins when I left Japan and decided to search the world for more games to play. With every new game came a new challenge, and with every new challenge, came a new thrill, for it was my goal to find the ultimate game, the game in which no one could beat. My explorations lead to many different places, including America, Mexico, Canada, Korea, China, Australia, Egypt, and many more. I encountered many challenges in that time, yet I never lost once. This is how it began. This is my tale.

Author's notes: this is my first fanfic, and I hope that it will not be my last. I plan on adding chapters periodically. I like original ideas, and I made this story because the past of Sugoroku is something a lot of us don't know, as because it hasn't really been discussed a lot in the manga. However, it has been shown that he did have many adventures, and I have decided to make this story because it probably won't contradict a lot of things in Yugioh, as so many fanfics have. I'll try to make the first chapter soon. Hope to see you then.