Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Gift ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The Gift


A/N Ok. Here is the third chapter that I promised you all. I do have the four one done and part of the fifth one. I hope to get them both out soon. Thanks to all that review my story and I’m glad you all liked it. Well on with the story.

Don’t own anything. All for fun.


Chapter 3

It was now a months later, June. The weather was turning warmer as summer was fast approaching. The days were getting longer and the nights were getting shorter.
Everything was in full bloom with the bees buzzing about and birds singing there songs. Kids were outside playing, couples were walking around hand in and hand. All seem alright in the world. All excepted at the Kaiba mansion.

The young man still wanted to throw up around noon but it had gotten worse. Now it was the sight and smell of food that made him want to throw up and it didn’t just happen at noon anymore. It seems to be happing when ever food was around.
Ryou would eat and try to keep it down but usually with in thirty minutes it was coming right back up. The only thing that Ryou seem to be able to hold down was water. Ryou knew this couldn’t be good. Ryou knew the baby needed the nourishment from the foods he ate.

Ryou was in the bathroom, for what seem like for the third time that day. Leaning against the tub as he clean his face as he let out a soft moan. Ryou hated this.
Slowly he stood up and walked over to the sink as he washed his mouth and brushed his teeth. Ryou really hated this. This was also causing him to worry and that was a causing stress that he didn’t need for the baby. “I’ve got to keep something down.” Ryou said as he slowly made his way out of the bathroom.

Ryou slowly made his way downstairs and into his love’s office. He really wasn’t feeling very well at the moment and just wanted to be held.
Walking over, he pushed Kaiba away from the desk then climb into Kaiba’s lap. Kaiba just watched his love as he ran his fingers through his love’s hair. “Still won’t keep anything down?” Kaiba asked watching his kitten. Ryou just shook his head no at this and snuggled closer. “I’ll call the doctor and see if there is anything he can give you.” Kaiba then said.
Ryou gave a nod as he closed his eyes and started to drift off. Ryou really hoped that the morning sickness, if that is what this was, would end soon. He really hated it.

The doctor showed up and gave Ryou and the baby a full check up. He found that Ryou was getting a cold. A very bad cold. One were he couldn’t keep anything down. Because of the baby the doctor had to prescribe something that wouldn’t harm the baby but help Ryou.
The doctor also wanted Ryou to eat more. It would seem that he hadn’t gained any weight, if anything had lost some. That wasn’t good for the growing child inside Ryou as well.
“He needs to rest as much as he can and eats as much as he can. Seeing how foods are too heavy at the moment get him to try something like chicken broth. That should be light enough for his stomach.” the doctor said to Kaiba as he was getting ready to leave. “Also have him take this when ever he feels sick.”
Kaiba just gave a nod as he thanks the doctor before seeing him out. He just hopes this would help.
It seems that the meds were helping as Ryou was slowly getting over the cold and was starting to hold things down again. Something that Ryou was thankful for. At lest he could eat again.

It was now a few days later that Ryou was in the library reading a book when his cell phone went off. Looking at the number he smiled as he saw that it was his dark, Akifa.

Akifa and Joey were still on the road. They were doing concert after concert. Along with cd signing and TV interviews. It seem that they were very busy that Akifa didn’t have time to at lest call Ryou. Something he had promise to do while they were on the road.

Ryou smiled as he answered the phone. “Hello Akifa. How are you and Joey doing? How is the band doing? I got your latest cd. It was great! I loved the songs. I really like the last one. It was great!” Ryou said bouncing in his seat.
Akifa just smiled on is end on the phone. “I’m glad you liked it. I and puppy are doing fine as is the band. It seems that our manager how a lot of things for us to do that we hardly have time to sleep. Or in puppy’s case, eat.” Akifa said with a laugh.
Ryou laugh as well at thins as he shook his head. “Then again, your puppy eats all the time. If has to take a break then there is never enough time.”Akifa just nodded to this. “How are you doing Ry? How is Kaiba treating you? Still good I hope. Joey is also wondering about the rest of the gang. I’m sure they are all doing fine. Marik and Malik just as insane as ever. Right?”
“Yes. Those two are completely crazy; Yami and Yugi are the same as ever. Always trying to figure out his better at games and still running the same game shop.
As for me and Seto, we’re doing fine. Seto is still treating me great. Have some news.” Ryou said as he grinned. “I’m pregnant again. I’m about three months along.” Ryou said as his grinned grew to a full smile.
Akifa didn’t say anything for a bit before he spoke again. “That’s great to hear, Ry. I take your old’ stick to far up the ass knows about this, right?”
Ryou let out a sigh at this. “Yes, Seto knows. In fact he was the one that told me.” Ryou said and he told him about how he find out. “One thing. Why did you pause when I told you? Is something wrong?”
“It’s just…do you think it’s a good idea to keep trying Ry? I mean you have lost four already and I hate it when your hurt.” Akifa said, sounding very concern for his one time host.
“We want a child, Kiffy.” Ryou said, using the nickname that Akifa hated but let Ryou use. Ryou was the only one allowed to use that nickname, not even his puppy was allow to call him that.

When Ryou had gotten the ring and meet the sprit that lived inside of it Ryou wasn’t sure how to act around him but then grew to hate him. Who wouldn’t have? The sprit took over Ryou’s body when ever the hell he felt like it and did damage to it as well. When Ryou was allowed out he would sometimes be in so much pain he could hardly stay in control and would have to let the sprit take back over.
As for the sprit, he was so full of hate that he couldn’t feel anything else but that. With the life he had lead in ancient Egypt it was understand able. Then to be given a body again years a pound years later, he would still be full of that hate he died with.

Then as time went on the two had gotten to know each other and understand each other. Had gotten use to each other and even listen to each other. They grew to respect each other that turned into love for each other. But the love, being a very deep love, was just a brotherly love. They never saw each other as anything other then brothers. They never saw each other as lovers and never would. Besides, now, they had loves of there own and were happy with who they were with.

Ryou sighed as he then smiled. “I know your trying to look out for me big brother…” another nickname, “…. but I’m fine and I’ll be fine. Besides I have a good feeling about this one.” Ryou said as he placed his hand on his stomach, which was still flat. “I think this one will make it.”
“If you say so baby bother.” Akifa said with a sigh of his own. He just hoped that Ryou was right and this one would make it. He didn’t think Ryou would make it if he lost another child.
“So what’s new with the band? You are going to becoming home soon, right?” Ryou asked sounding excited again.
“That’s what I called you about. The band is doing so great that we won’t be able to take the break when we said. We wont be able to come home, at lest not when we said we would. Sorry baby brother.” Akifa said, knowing how much Ryou was looking to seeing him and Joey again. Hell he was looking for to see Ryou. He missed his baby brother dearly.
Ryou looked down at this. “Another concert?” he asked, not being able to hide the pain of having to wait even longer to see his big brother.
“No. TV show then another interview with a magazine with a photo shot. I promise the next time we say we are taking time off I wont let anything stop it.” Akifa said, hearing how upset Ryou was.
“No. I understand. Your band is doing very well. It the hottest band out there at the moment. Take your fame and run with it while you can.” Ryou said with sad smile that grew even sadder. “I wasn’t even able to buy tickets for your concert your doing in Tokyo next month.
Akifa just blinked then smiled. “Baby brother, how many times must I tell you, don’t pay for tickets. I’m going to be sending you and the gang front row tickets and backstage passes. Make sure that your stick up the ass lover comes as well. I know how much my puppy misses him.” Akifa said chuckling.
Ryou then could hear Joey in the background going off how much he did Not miss old’ money bags. This causing Ryou to laugh. “I’m sure Seto feels the same way about your puppy.”
The two talked for a bit more before Akifa had to go. He was on the bus heading to the next city the two were performing in.

Ryou let out a soft sigh as he closed his phone and looked to his flat stomach. “Looks like Uncle Akifa will have to wait to talk to you.” Ryou said. He was trying to stay calm, because it would only add more stress and Ryou knew he did not need that.
So he did the only thing he could do. Pick up his bock and went back to reading it. Getting lost in a good book always help Ryou get rid of any stress that he under.