Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Trust ❯ Trust ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Trust

Author: Cheysuli

Rated: PG-13

Warning: Shounen-ai

Pairing: Marik/Bakura

Summary: It amazed Marik sometimes. How this king of thieves, who never once let his guard down back in Egypt, could trust someone so completely.

A/N: Yay! My first Psychoshipping fic! Bit shorter than I would have liked but making it longer would have ruined it.

_____________________

"What are you doing?"

Marik smiled innocently at Bakura. "Nothing," he said sweetly, never stopping his slow movements.

Bakura frowned, gazing up at Marik from where he was laying with his head in Marik's lap. "This doesn't seem like nothing," he said, shivering slightly at the cold touch. "What are you thinking?"

Marik shook his head, smirking at the fact that, although Bakura was complaining, he wasn't stopping him. "Nothing in particular. Just a bit bored." His movements continued, the object in his hands trailing slowly up Bakura's side and scraping gently across his throat.

Bakura remained still as the dagger rested on his throat, staring curiously up at his lover. He wasn't worried; he trusted Marik. Perhaps a bit more than he should but he knew Marik would never hurt him. Well, unless he asked him to.

But Bakura was curious... and slightly confused. Marik had never done this before. Weapons were for fighting, survival; they weren't used in the bedroom. If pain was desired, then brute force was used. And maybe rope or chains. But never weapons; never knives.

But as the dagger moved from Bakura's throat and traced an invisible line to his face, he wondered if, maybe, Marik wanted to change that.

Marik watched as Bakura's expression went from confused to curious. But there was not a hint of uncertainty. Bakura trusted him; Marik knew this, he could see it in his eyes.

It amazed Marik sometimes. How this king of thieves, who never once let his guard down back in Egypt, could trust someone so completely. Especially someone who could, with just a flick of his wrist, slit his throat and leave him to bleed to death.

And still, complete trust.

Bakura watched as Marik's expression grew thoughtful and he felt the dagger press ever so slightly harder against him. Not enough to draw blood; no, the dagger wasn't sharp enough for that. But enough to sting a little as it moved back down to his throat, leaving a faint red line on Bakura's pale skin.

Bakura moved finally, smiling brightly as he tilted his head back so he could see Marik better. And baring his throat, leaving it completely unprotected.

Complete and total trust.

Marik sighed, finally setting the dagger aside and leaning over Bakura, running his hands through the white hair. "You really shouldn't trust me like that, love. It's not safe."

Bakura smiled, reaching up to gently touch Marik's face. "I know," he whispered. "But I do."

Marik's smile was sad. "You should stop."

Bakura shook his head, gazing worriedly into Marik's eyes. "I can't." He felt around the floor for the abandoned dagger and, finding it, handed it to his lover. "Play?"

Marik laughed breathlessly and took the dagger, his worry for the moment forgotten. He gave Bakura a brief kiss before placing the dagger back at his throat.

And still, complete and total trust.

~Owari~