Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ University Daze ❯ Meanwhile...Back At The Bat Cave... ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

*Warning* You already know.

Kali: Ok, so Caitlin is on a break right now, and since she's already got, like, the next five chapters done, I'm just going to sit here and type them for her.

Caitlin: It's a forced break! I don't wanna take one but my Yami is forcing me too!

Yugi: Do you have a lot of time on your hands or what?

Caitlin: Yes. Like I said before, I don't have much to do until September. And I type really fast, too. That always helps.

Ryou: How fast?

Caitlin: *thinks* Um, last time I took a speed test it was something like-65 words per minute. Net (meaning that it includes mistakes-5 or less). I think.

*everyone goggles*

Kali: If you think that's fast, you'd be wrong. There are lots of people who type faster than 100 w/m.

Bakura: How the hell do your fingers move so fast?

Caitlin: Practice, lots and lots of practice.

Kali: And 10 years of piano lessons help a lot too!

Yami: She writes, she types, she even plays the piano.

*Caitlin blushes*

Marik: You know, I don't know how we got on this particular subject, but maybe we should get on with the story. Impatient readers want to know what's going to happen next.

Malik: Us too!

Kali: Ok, well, I guess I'll just mention that this next chapter could be boring. It's mostly the gang telling that long tale to Kala. After all, if she's going to be in the group, she'd better know what she's getting herself into.

Seto: *enters with Joey* Ok, we're here! Now, Yugi said we're in this chapter?

Kali: Uh, actually, Caitlin couldn't wait and she finished it already. You can read it while I go on with the story, if you like.

Joey: Seto! I knew we shouldn't have stopped at the office on the way here. *scowls*

Seto: Sorry, pup.

Caitlin: Since you're here, Joey, you can do the disclaimer.

Joey: *perks up* Yeah? Ok, here goes. 'Caitlin doesn't own Yu-Gi Oh! or anything related to it. Just this fic.'

Kali: Thanks!

Pairs: Yugi/Yami, Ryou/Bakura, Marik/Malik, Joey/Mai, Tristan/Serenity, Kaiba/OC?, Ishizu/Isis

Chapter 4

Meanwhile…Back at the Bat Cave

The next day, Joey, Mai, and Kala paid a visit to Yugi and Yami.

"So what exactly went on yesterday, anyway?" Kala asked, accepting the glass of iced tea Yugi offered her.

"Who gets to try explaining?" Joey asked, exchanging looks with his friends.

Yugi frowned. "Should I ask Ryou and Malik to come over?"

"If you wish, aibou. Tell them to bring Bakura and Marik, too." Yami sipped his iced tea.

Yugi went off to call the other hikaris and their Yamis. Kala frowned into her ice tea.

"What do you need them for? Do you need them to tell me what that was all about?"

Mai studied her nails. "Hon, believe me, you'll want them to help out explaining. Besides that, after you've heard the whole, long-winded tale, you're going to need a little convincing that it's true. I know I did."

"You sound like you're going to tell me some sort of fairytale or something." Kala shook her head.

"Don't worry 'bout it, Kala." Joey reassured her. "I've been around for pretty much all of it and I still don't fully understand. You just accept it and go with it-if for no other reason than to stay sane."

Mai snorted. "And when it comes to Marik and Malik, you need all the sanity you can find."

Yami chuckled, softly. "They may be the least stable of us, Mai, but they're certainly entertaining."

Yugi came back, announcing, "They're all coming over. Isis and Ishizu, too." He walked over and sat on Yami's lap, Yami's arms snaking around his hikari's waist.

"You really aren't brothers." Kala stared at them.

A set of red eyes and a set of violet ones stared back, startled. Yugi blushed and Yami smiled.

"Oh no. Far, far from it."

"You'll understand soon." Mai promised. Kala just looked at her.

(A/N: Warning! Tea bashing!! No Tea fans should read this! Kali: Are there any such thing as 'Tea fans'? Caitlin: Shush! I'm sure there's one … or two.)

"So Yug, have you heard from Tea?" Joey asked, changing the subject for now.

Yami frowned. He disliked that girl. A lot. Oh, at first he'd thought of her as a friend; a kind, caring, friendly young girl who just wanted to help. But after Battle City (A/N: I haven't seen the whole tournament yet so forgive my creative license if I don't follow the show) he'd begun to see how obsessed she was becoming with his hikari. When she'd left for dance school several months ago, Yami had nearly jumped for joy.

"No. I haven't heard anything at all." Yugi shrugged. She'd begun to get on his nerves, too.

"Tea?" Kala inquired.

"Ah, she was a friend from high school." Joey explained. "She moved away to enter a dance school."

"No offence, boys, but there was always something odd about her." Mai said.

The doorbell rang and Yugi, in his enthusiasm, leapt off Yami's lap and ran for the door.

When he returned, he was followed by Ryou, Bakura, Malik, Marik, Ishizu and Isis.

"Yugi said you wanted us to come over for something important." Isis spoke to Yami respectfully.

"We need to explain a few things to the newest addition to our group of friends." Yami explained. "She deserves an explanation since she'll be around us for the next few years at least."

The hikaris and their Yamis looked curiously at Kala, who flushed a little at the sudden attention.

"Where do we begin?" Ryou wanted to know.

"At the beginning, I suppose." Yugi settled back into Yami's lap. "With Egypt."

"If I may?" Ishizu looked to her Pharaoh. At his graceful nod, she began to tell the tale. "Once, 5,000 years ago, in an ancient an powerful kingdom called Egypt …"

*************************

Kala sat there, eyes wide and mouth slightly open. Ishizu had gone through the entire story, with added comments from the others on occasion.

"So, let me get this straight." She frowned at them. "You all are not actually related, despite the fact you look like twins of each other, but you are magical spirits who came from those Millennium-things that once came from ancient Egypt, where Duel Monsters were real?"

"Basically." Ryou nodded.

"Magical spirit?" Marik protested. "I'm as real as you are girl!"

"I think you're very magical." Malik grinned at his Yami wickedly. Marik growled.

Bakura was scowling. "We haven't been 'spirits' for a long time now."

"That's not the point." Yami interrupted before another squabble could break out. "She understands, at least, how things are."

Kala just stared at them. "Maybe I should have moved to Tokyo like my mom wanted."

Mai laughed. "Don't worry, Hon. You'll get used to it."

**************************************

Kali: There. All done. ^-^ And it only took me 15 minutes to type.

Bakura: Yeah, but it's a really short chapter

Kali: *sticks out tongue*

Caitlin: I'm fine, guys! Can I please have my keyboard back now?

Marik: Maybe I should go find more snacks.

Malik: We'd still have some if you hadn't ate them all.

* they glower at each other*

Bakura: Where'd Seto and Joey go?

Ryou: Seto had a business call, and Joey's in the washroom.

Caitlin: Guys? My keyboard … *whimpers*

Kali: Oh, alright. Get over here.

Caitlin: Yipee! Ok, so I know this chapter was short, but I promise the next few are not.

Yugi: Um, do we ever even start University?

Caitlin: Yep. Let's move on and you'll see. R/R everyone! On to the next chapter.