Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Unpeople ❯ Doorways ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Doorways
Yami moaned holding his head, pulling himself to his feet using the rough wall behind him, shrivelling his nose as . Looking around he couldn't see anything other then a faint glow to the left of him, shining between the two walls, blocking out any other light. The last thing he could remember was facing off against a multiple number of thieves, and then something tugged hard on him, and then his head hit a solid ground surface. Using the wall to help start himself off him shambled out towards the glow, after exiting the roofless corridor he found himself looking up at a ball of white fire, seeming to be floating in place, and revealing a long expanse of a hard black surface. Then he jumped hearing a deep howl, unlike anything he had ever heard before. Turning towards where the unholy noise had come from, he found himself staring at a strange dark beast, glaring towards him at great speed with glowing eyes.
=======================================================
Yugi looked around franticly peering into the darkness which his eyes were quickly readjusting to. He recognised where he was without needing to look, once again smelling the same acidic air that he had grown up with. But what confused him was how he had returned there suddenly, and what worried him, was what happened to Raye, or even the male he had grabbed. He remembered seeing the same light from when the mirror had sucked him in, the only shadow in it, being that of the male. All other surrounding figures had disappeared from sight. He spun around looking for his friend and for signs of the victim he had been trying to save.
 
He yelped softly as a pale hand grabbed his shoulder, but he managed to slow his speeding heart as he spotted Raye behind him.
“Are you alright Yugi?” she asked softly removing her hand from his shoulder.
Yugi nodded, confused at her tone being more hushed then normal, till she motioned silently to the uncouncious figure by her feet. He was about to ask about the foreign figure, but his train of thoughts were broken from a shuffeling sound coming from behind him.
 
As both children looked up towards the sound they saw a figure wandering disorientated towards an open road. Yugi recognised the outline of the figure, and raced towards it shouting out a warning as he heard the sound of a car's horn cry out.
===========================================================
A s the car veered down on the unsuspecting pharaoh a hand reached out of the darkness, and pulled him out from the headlights. Once again he was on the hard, cold ground, but this time he was staring up at two helmeted faces, who were staring back down at him. One put his hand out to help the strangely dressed male back up to his feet, but a small boy beat him to it, pulling the guy to his feet.
 
“I'm sorry, he is half asleep, he was up all day trying out for an entertainment position,” Yugi apologised bowing deeply to the watching enforcement officers, and pushing the foreign male's back in the right place, to get him into the same position.
The officer looked down at the two males shorter then himself moving his hand back to his side.
“It is past curfew time,” the officer commented to the two, coming out cold and harsh through the automated voice modifier installed into the dark helmet.
Yugi quickly bowed again forcing the other ungainly male into the same position, “I'm sorry, we were held back. We promise it won't happen again sir.”
 
While the first officer considered it, the other waved it's hand dismissivly.
“Go on you two, get out of here,” the female officer commented coldly, “before you stay here any longer and cause us to have to write it up.”
Yugi nodded bowing again, and rushing the confused male back across the road to the alleyway where he had left Raye waiting.
The female officer shook her head as her partner looked towards her through the reflective surface seriously, “we can get in trouble for not writing them up, you know that.”
“Lighten up a bit would you,” she replied, “they are just kids, anyway it didn't look like the older one would really have anywhere to hide his id card, and I don't really feel like taking anyone in and filling out that load of forms tonight.”
=========================================================
Ray e had remained where she was as Yugi had run out to retrieve the strange figure. As Yugi returned pulling the startled boy behind her, she glanced back down at the sleeping figure around her feet. The male figure stirred slightly in thew darkness, but guessing that he wouldn't wake before they decide to leave she bent down, scooping the heavy boy onto her back. Standing back up she was faced with the two boys, one of which whose eyes were still to adjust to the lack of light.
 
“That was close,” Yugi commented relieved, finaly letting the confused tag along go.
“We should get going before we do get caught out,” Raye responded adjusting the heavy male on her back.
Yugi nodded before being interrupted by the spikey haired hitchhiker, “What's going on, where am I?”
Yugi looked up at the taller male, “Where not really sure, but your in Ancrova, if it is any help.”
He shook his head not recognising the name as Raye glanced around checking that no one had spotted them yet, “we have to go, we can tell you what we can wait for introductions later.”
========================================================= ==
Yami followed the two, not seeing any other choice for him. As he followed the two children, weaving through the alleyways of the buildings, he watched the alien landscape as his eyesight changed to the dimlight. The structures were like nothing he had ever seen before, they seemed to go up forever. They seemed to be stained by the same acidic ash which floated through the air, causeing him to cover his nose half the time.
Glancing up at the worried pharaoh, the small boy smiled weakly, “don't worry you'll get use to the smell. Come on through here.”
 
The small child ducked inbetween two buildings a small gap apart and disappeared down a small hole at the base of a building leading down to a built over basement. Following after him, the female slipped in last, recovering the hole over with a flat grey rock blocking out the small amount of light that was filtering in. Glancing around he frowned and the bleak decore. The girl dropped the figure that she had been caring down on a sad looking mattress allowing the pharaoh to finaly get a better look at the character.
 
“What in Ra's name is he doing here!” Yami screamed making the younger two flinch, the boy at him looked shocked with large round eyes.
“He was being victimised, as you were most likely if Yugi had grabbed you. Which I believe is the most likely reason you were taken with us,” Raye commented from the corner where she had sat down.
“He is no victim,” the pharaoh replied yelling and pointing accusingly at the sleeping figure.
“Stop it, no more yelling,” the boy cried covering his ears and shaking his head.
“Please, I do not understand your agrivation against him, but please try to restrain it for now,” Raye begged from her corner, looking down at now moving figure.
“Fine I will if he does,” Yami answered disgruntled sitting down and glaring at the waking thief.
=============================================================
Bakura gave a groan putting his hand to his head as he sat up on the spiky matress. Blinking his eyes he squinted around the dim room. All he was able to find in the dim room was 2 small children, neither of which he recognised, and then his eyes landed on the outlandish male seated with his back to the wall opposite.
 
Glaring at the pharaoh he jumped to his feet, and action that was soon mirrored, “what did you do to me, where are we you son of a bastard.”
“Don't you ever dare insult my father, you soulless cretin,” Yami snarled back.
“Please, stop argueing,” the small boy begged, wide and teary eyed.
The thief glared across at the small timid child, “who are you and where are we?”
“You are in the slum lands or Acrova,” the female child replied, “I am Raye and this is Yugi. Now what are your names, and if you tell us where you came from we might be able to return you there sooner.”
 
Both Egyptians looked surprised at the wisdom of speech coming from the slender child, but the thief was the first to break the silence.
“I am Bakura, the king of thieves. I come from Eygpt,” he replied with a tone of pride in his self-proclaimed title, earning himself a glare from Yami.
“I am the pharaoh and leader of Egypt, my name is Yami,” the pharaoh replied giving the thief a stern look, which was returned in duplicate.
 
The small boy going by the name of Yugi looked at two with a slight eye of admiration, while the girl simply shook her head.
“There are no such grand titles in this city, and none of such kind have been used in many years to my knowledge,” she commented closing her eyes, “but I can try and research it tomorrow to help you find your way home. But you can help us get some more food, if you shall be staying with us it will be needed.”
Bakura was about to object before Yugi added curling up against the wall, “we will also need to get you some different clothes, going out like that will catch to much attention.”
 
The two slightly put off eygptians watched the young child fall asleep, before glaring at each other. Not wanting to fall asleep first in fear of what the other would try.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------
Equilla: hey guys, another chapter down and one step further. I must admit that the plot in this story doesn't seem to move far in this chapter, but I do have to get them all introduced to each other. In the next chapter you should be finding out more about the city of Acrova
Mokuba; hi beetelgirl
Mokuba; thanks guys for reviewing, also we accept any ideas or suggestions that you guys want to give