Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of the Gods ❯ The Sides are Choosen ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“You know what I love about the gravekeepers Shima? No, I'm serious, do you know what I love about the gravekeepers, because I can't of a single thing.”
 
-Geno Roads
 
 
Yugi sighed, pushing the phone book across the table, disgust on his face. He looked over as the overs were also getting annoyed. Tristan and Joey were also looking through phone books, though they seemed to spend more time writing down names to crank call later on. So far, no mention of Marrow had been found anywhere. It was as if the duelist didn't exist.
 
“Geno must of lied to us.”
Raia shook her head, looking up from her laptop. “Geno would never lie.”
 
“Yea, he's just an immortal evil general that nearly beat Yug and puts gods in chains. That is someone we can trust.” Joey said, rolling his eyes.
 
“Annette Co...” Tristan said, writing down another name. The others ignored him as he began to say the last name.
 
They had all came back to Raia's apartment to look for the duelist Geno had mentioned before disappearing. They'd spent the last 3 hours going over every phone book and address book they could find; yet no sign of this duelist could be found. Raia had been searching tournament records, but couldn't find anything about Marrow.
 
After another moment, Tristan had tossed a phone book across the room, while Tea was asleep on the coach, snoring loudly. “I swear, this is hopeless!” Yugi said. He was quickly getting depressed. He had just come out of one of the most grueling duels he had ever been involved in, and now he was looking for a name he wasn't even sure existed. Of course, the knowledge that Geno was going after the cards too, and probably already had found Marrow didn't help his spirits any.
 
Raia sighed, running her fingers through her hair. No one had said anything about what had happened with the Bow of Apollo, but the group knew Raia and Kaikou weren't handling it well. Yugi could sense the emotions of betrayal radiating off the young woman. He might have had doubts about Raia and Kaikou, due to their connection to Geno and Seto Kaiba…but unless they were the greatest actresses in the world, he knew that they were on his side.
 
“Well guys…” Raia said with a groan. “We have one more option, and I am not sure if you are going to like it.”
 
***
 
Seto Kaiba was pissed off, there was no other word for the simmering anger that bubbled up through him. “I can defeat any small business that comes my way. I can motivate millions of employees. I can duel with the best of them. I control the freaking blue eyes white dragon!” Seto threw the controller on the floor. “So tell me why I can't beat you in a simple game of Mario Kart!”
Mokuba smiled at him, his tongue sticking out as he turned his driver into the finish line. “Maybe I am just a child prodigy.” Seto sighed. “OR you just suck.”
 
Seto growled as the phone rang, pointing at his brother. “This isn't over.” HE picked up the receiver to the video phone, and the screen flicker to show Raia's face.
 
“Hey sis, what do you need?” Seto asked, showing the rare “Seto Emotion” that only his family got to see.
 
“What, you think I haven't called to purely talk?” She asked sweetly, batting her eyelashes.
 
“Now I know you want something.”
 
Raia sighed, all pretenses gone. “I was wondering if you could look up a duelist for me. A guy named Marrow. There are no records of him in the last few years, and there isn't much available from before then.”
 
Seto touched a button on the wall beside the phone, and a keyboard slide out to him. He began to rapidly tap the keys, putting in the info. “Ok, so all we know is he is called Marrow, he was a duelist, and he would have been missing from action around the same time Geno went to that big tournament Pegasus had?”
 
“Yea, that's about it.”
 
Seto frowned as the computer began to work. “I wish you had given me more.”
 
“You saying your computer can't do it?” Raia prodded.
 
“It can do it.” Seto countered, narrowing his eyes. “It would be easier if my sister gave me something else to go on.” The computer dinged and Seto nodded. “Alright, here he is, Marrow. Seems like he is a hasbeen, hasn't dueled since that tournament. In fact, he hasn't been seen anywhere in years.” Seto looked up at his sister, scowling. “Why would you want to find this idiot?”
 
“Well…..”
 
“Hey Seto!” Joey said, pushing his way into the screen, grinning like a fool, putting his fingers up in the peace sign. “Me and your sis are having a great time!”
 
Tristan jumped up and tackled Joey. Yugi ran up to the monitor to see Seto sitting there, utterly shocked. “Kabia, it ain't like that….”
“WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING IN MY APARTMENT?!?!?!” Seto roared
Yugi gulped, and as he tried to mumble an eplaination, while Raia beat the living daylights out of Joey; Tea decided to moan rather loudly and obscenely in her sleep. Kaiba's face went red and his left eyelid began to twitch.
 
“Oh dear god….” Yugi stammered, waiting for Seto's hand to burst from the screen and throttle him.
Raia quickly moved Yugi away from the screen. “Your…shhhhhh…breaking up…..eto……have……go……bye!”
 
“RAIA!” Seto turned back to Mokuba. “Sometimes I wish our parents had been Pro-Choice.”
 
***
 
Geno looked at the pages he had just printed off, scanning the text carefully. On each page was a high quality photograph, a list of aliases, decks, and in highlighter, and the name of a Greek weapon card. Below all this were addresses and known places of interest for each person.
 
7 pages, 7 duelists, 7 cards…7 chances to get his revenge.
 
“What are you doing Kappa?”
Geno looked up from his desk and glared at Shadi. “I am not in the mood Gravekeeper. I have little time before the pharaoh discovers Marrow and claims the 3rd Greek Weapon. I need to get my plans into motion.”
“So you plan to try and claim the other cards?” Shadi stated in his calm, smooth tone.
Geno plastered a very fake smile on his face and tilted his head in a condescending manner. “NO, I plan to get them for the pharaoh.” His voice raised in pitch “You know, wrap them up in pretty little bows and give them to him for his birthday. Then I will allow him to marry Kaikou and make me his butler!” He stood up and began to skip around the room. “I'll were a tutu and dance for his nightly enjoyment, and we will all live happily ever after in the land of “Shadi is a god damn moron.” “ He stated this last part 5 iches from Shadi's face. HE frowned. “Now leave.”
Shadi ignored the command. “I'm not the one that caused you to loss your card to the pharaoh. I am not the one that continues to dwell in the past. Why do you focus your blame on me?”
“Because you are here you little twit?” Geno retorted. “Because you defend the man that killed my……he killed Kaikou.”
 
“He didn't do anything.”
“Yea, right.” Geno sighed, rubbing his temples. He reached into his desk and pulled out a bottle of brandy. “I have been clean and sober for 22 years. Thank you for driving me back to the bottle.” He pulled off the stopper and took a long hard drink of the liquid, feeling it warm his belly and blood. “God, you are making me want to have a smoke. Haven't had that in 120 years”
 
Shadi watched as Geno took another swig of the liquor. “You spend so much time focusing on the past, it is no wonder you hate your life.”
 
“I hate you.” Geno said, already feeling the joyful tipsy feeling overtake his soul. It took a lot for Geno to become drunk, and even then, he had to continue drinking so his body didn't burn it all off within minutes. The problem with his immortality was it left him needed energy for a day that a normal man would gain in a week. Luckily, all the alcohol in his house was very…high proof.
 
“Most hate comes from within.”
 
“Well thank you Doctor Freud!” Geno hiccupped. He stood up, a bit wobbly, and drew his dagger, the point bobbing up and down in the air. “Shadi, I…I have allowed you to interflare with all this time for some time.” Shadi frowned, Geno's words becoming muddled. “But now, I have business. Get in my way, and I will use my dagger to take your itebs and steel your mime.”
 
“You would do no such thing.” Shadi said calmly, getting the basic threat Geno had tried to make. Geno growled, taking one very long draw on the bottle before he lifted it up and threw the bottle against the wall, the sound of glass breaking echoing through the darkly lit study. “Just tell me, how do you plan to get the others?”
Geno laughed. “I have my ways Shadi…I have my ways…Shima!” The spirit appeared before him as he bellowed and tried not to giggle at her husbands drunken state. “Show Mr. Shabbi out Wilma.”
 
“Shima.”
 
“What?”
 
Shima didn't hold that giggle in. “You called me Wilma…you're drunk.”
 
“You're sexy Shi—shi-----shi-cago!.” Geno said, leering at her. “I love chicago! Best party town! You all rock, WOOOO!!!”
 
“Go to bed big boy, I will see Mr. Shadi out.” Shima said, chasing her husband out of the room. Geno let out a protest groan, waving his hand dismissively, but shambled out of his study none the less. Shima could already hear some of the servants rushing to aid their master into his bed so he could sleep off the temporary stupor.
 
“Thank you miss…” Shadi gasped as Shima suddenly took solid form and grabbed him by the throat, slamming him into the wall.
 
“If you ever…ever upset him again, I will break every bone in your body and let the jackals feast on them!” She brought her face close to his, her teeth bared in an animal-like sneer. “You and your kind have brought him enough torment. He is like a caged dog to you all: You know not to poke him, but you do it all the same, then beat him when he snaps. Why he hasn't cut you from ear to ass, I will never know. But from one spirit to another…” Shima smiled as Shadi's eyes showed his shock. “Yes, I already know about your fate, Lord Gravekeeper…I am good friends with Anubus…don't come back here again.”
 
With that, Shima threw the gravekeeper out an open window, sending him tumbling down the hill side till he came to a stop. He looked up to where he had come from, at the massive palace, and licked his lips.
 
“This isn't over.” He said, taking out his Millennium Key and returning to Egypt, leaving behind the Palace Beyond the Twilight Star.
 
“No…” Shima added, watching this all. She walked over to the desk and began to work, focusing on holding physical form. It was easy when she was stressed…it was when she was aroused that she had problems. She took up some paper and began writing out the instructions for the servants. They were going to need a plan B. “…it's far from over.”