Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Welcome To My Life ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Opening Notes: This would have been up sooner had I writen it faster... Oh well... This is the second fanfic I've finished. It's the first in my "The Spirits" collection... Yes there will be more stories. Warnings for this chapter... Ryou is out of character and so is Seto Kaiba... I think that's it... Oh and I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or the song "Welcome To My Life" Simple Plan owns that and I don't know who owns YGO... I know it's not me! Also Yuugi isn't in this chapter... Just Yami... I don't know why but I don't like writing Yuugi... Oh well... Here's the second chapter! Hope you all enjoy it! OH OH OH... And a BIG thanks to my reviewers... I got like 2 reviews right after I posted the first chapter this morning! You make me so happy!

Story Summery: Ryou is entered into a talent contest by the spirit of the ring, who hopes to embarres the boy beyond anything... Ryou is upset and writes a song about how he is feeling and ends up singing it at the talent show... How will his yami react... And how will his friends come into play?

Welcome To My Life

Chapter Two: Pulling Threw

The week had passed by quickly in Ryou's opinion. Mostly for the fact that he had blocked the link with the spirit of the ring. He didn't want to hear anything from the "man" that got him into the mess he was in.

Classes had been hell, mostly cause of staying up all night practiceing with his band "The Spirits". Malik kept him feed and on his toes though. Making sure he ate and got a few hours of sleep. He even went out and got a new outfit for Ryou to wear the nice of the concert. Though Ryou couldn't for the life of him figure out why he needed to dress up differently then he normaly did. That was until Jou told him he dressed like a geek. Ryou then agreed to wear what Malik had gotten.

The outfit wasn't so bad. A pair of tight black jeans with a bright silverly blue belt. A fish net shirt of the same silvery blue under a black wife beater shirt that had "The Spirits" spray painted on the front. Malik had also bought him a pair of black boots and silvery blue shoe laces, and a pair of blue sunglasses (Since Ryou was scared shitless of going on stage). Ryou had gotten himself a set of tight black gloves that had slivery blue stars on them.

Malik had black shorts with patches of silvery purple material, he didn't have a belt and he choice to wear a silvery purple wife beater with black spray painted lettering of "The Spirits". He bought a pair of black sneakers and slivery purple laces to put in them. He also got a black visor that said "Ishtar" in a silvery purple spray paint font. He didn't buy any golves but bought a bunch of silvery purple and black gelly braclets.

Jou stuck with plain black jeans with a silver belt, that had a silvery blue star in the center. He wore a silvery fish net shirt with a darker silvery t-shirt over it with black spray paint stains all over it with "The Spirits" writen among the stains. He wore a silver dog coller with a black guitar pick hanging from it. He also wet his hair down to cover his eyes slightly. He also decided to wear some eyeshadow of silver and black eyeliner. Makeing his amber eyes stick out even more.

Yami stuck with his black leather pants and his many belts, subbing some of the black belts for silvery red ones. He also wore a slivery red fish net shirt with his normal black tank top, which had been redesigned with a silvery red spray paint to say "The Saints". He wore his boots and all his collers and braclets. Adding some silvery red eyeshadow and black eyeliner.

It had taken all four three hours to get dressed and another hour to force Ryou to leave his house. Ryou's stomach hadn't been able to keep food down all day long and he felt like he was going to puke even more as the four neared the school.

Jou was driving his father's truck with Yami and Malik in the bed while Ryou sat up in the cab with him. Jou looked over to his friend with a smile. "Don't worry... We've practiced so much we all know the song by heart. Nothing can go wrong." Ryou cursed to himself glad that the link with the spirit was still closed. He turned to Jou and smiled.

"I know Jou... I'm just nervous to get on stage and sing in front of all those people." Jou nodded and pulled into a parking spot. There were already cars backed up to the city square for the talent show. Ryou gulped and whimpered slightly as Malik pulled him from the car. Yami, Jou, and Malik pushed Ryou into the open door and to the back stage area. They were the last act to go on so they still had at least an hour. Yami was the one to break the silence that had come between the four of them.

"We still have time to practice... why don't we go into the back and go threw the song once more. Just to be safe." Ryou nodded and Malik wrapped his arm around Ryou's shoulder senseing the boy was about to flee. Which wasn't far from what Ryou had been planning. Malik smiled at him and dragging him off to the practice area. Their equipment had been set up on a platform that could be wheeled out onto the stage when the time came so it was easy to clear off at the end. Jou went to his guiter and started to fiddle with it while Yami went to his bass. Malik stuck with Ryou as Ryou fixed the mic to his liking. Ryou smiled slightly and closed his eyes. Malik nodded and walked back to the drum set to set it up to his liking. Jou started the song and Yami joined in. Malik wasn't far behind and Ryou kicked in with the vocals soon after.

They had went threw the song a good five times before someone came back to tell them that they were on in five minutes. Ryou's legs gave out and he sunk to the ground hearing his name called by Malik and Yami. Both who ran over to him as Jou shoved the stage hand out of the room saying that they'd be there in time. Ryou whimpered slightly and hugged his legs to his chest. Yami and Malik were telling him that it was going to be okay and then he could do it but none of it was working. He took a deep breath and reopened the link with the spirit. ~Hey are you there?~ His voice was soft though he was still slightly pissed at the spirit. He waited a few minutes before the spirit gave a loud yawn and a grunt saying in his own way that he was. Ryou was surprsied by the lack of a reply but shook it off. Yami and Malik forgotten as he started to talk to his darker half. ~We go on in like three minutes... Since you got me into this mess... You are going to have to watch at least...~

~You don't talk to me all week and you expect me to just listen to you now? You got some guts Ryou I'll tell you that... And DUH! Like I have a choice... just don't blow it!~ Ryou growled slightly and stood up Yami, Jou, and Malik all confused at where the energy had come from. Ryou was beginning to get pissed at the spirit again.

~I WILL NOT BLOW IT! I've been working my bloody ass off for a week to get this song perfect! I stopped sleeping, I stopped eating, I even stopped paying attention in classes! Just so I can get threw this stupid pointless crap this school calls a talent contest! And it's your fault! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you!~ Ryou stopped at that feeling the spirit smile in his mind. Ryou blushed and looked down to the ground. ~And I should thank you...~ Bakura smiled even more in Ryou's mind and shook his head.

~Forget it... Didn't you say you had only three minutes left?~ Ryou nodded just as the stage hand came back in to take their equipment to the stage. Jou gulped and suddenly looked very nervous. Yami was starting to breath a bit more heavy and Malik looked ready to puke. Ryou smiled and headed for the door.

"Well you guys. This is it. We've worked hard all week long. Missed meals, missed classes, missed out on sleep and hanging with our other friends. But it was all worth it. We have a great song, and we have great... spirit." Ryou smiled even brighter as he watched his friends smile back. "We've heard lots of peole put us down, saying we couldn't do it, saying we should just give up... Well now we prove all those people that we CAN do it... That we aren't a bunch of quiters... We're fighters. Look at us... we've battled some of the strongest duelests in the world, faced the darkerest of foes, and some of our best friends. This is a stupid little talent show no big deal. So lets show them!" Yami smiled even more, Jou clapped his hands together and headed for the door, Malik crossed his arms over his chest.

"Where in the hell did that come from Ryou? Two minutes ago you were on the verge of tears and now you dish out one of those crazy speachs? Man... you can give Tea a run for her money." Malik burst out laughing as Ryou's face reddened. Ryou could hear the spirit laughing too and frowned slightly moving to leave. Yami reached out and grabbed Ryou's shoulder smiling at him.

"Don't listen to them Ryou. We were all nervous and I think hearing you say all that really helps. We all know how hard this is for you. But... we will prove all those who doubt us wrong. Right Jou?" Jou nodded and headed out the door running smack dap into Seto Kaiba.

"Well look what we have hear... The mutt, the wanna be pharaoh, the scaredy cat, and the freak with the two personallities. What brings you bunch here? Come to give the audiance a good laugh?" Seto smirked slightly and Jou smirked right back. Ryou shook his head as he felt the spirit start to get pissed. This wasn't a good way to head out. Yami stood in front of of Jou and glared at Seto. But Ryou was the one that spoke up.

"We are here to show people like you up... We might be scared, but that's normal. But I can tell you this... We aren't a bunch of losers that are here for your bloody entertainment Kaiba! We are going to win this contest. You can put your money on that. Better yet... shove that money stright up that tight ass of yours." Ryou pushed passed a stunned Seto and headed towards the stage, Jou close on his heels laughing. Ryou faintly heared Yami tell Kaiba to keep his nose out of other people affairs, and Malik run up to him. But he didn't care anymore. He was fired up to preform and was going to give it his all.

~I'm proud that your actually gotten yourself a back bone Ryou... but you're about to face hundreds of people who have been sitting in the same spot for about two hours. They are going to be hard to please.~ Ryou shruged and shook his head smiling slightly.

~So what? We're about to blow them out of their socks and back a thosand years.~ Ryou felt Bakura smile slightly before the stage hand rushed him out on stage. He was joined by Yami, Jou, and Malik moments later. The lights were off but one came up on the middle of the stage. Ryou walked up to see his mic stand standing there. He took a deep breath and fixed his sunglasses. He heard Tea, Mokuba, Duke, and Tristen start yelling good luck and smiled. He felt the spirit of the ring seperate and go to the side of the stage to watch. Ryou then noticed the ring hanging from around his neck. He stepped up to the mic and smirked.

"Sorry to have kept you all waiting... we ran into the worst monster imagenable..." Ryou felt Jou walk up behind him and seen him wink before the blonde muttered into his mic.

"Yeah Seto Kaiba... doesn't get any uglier then him!" Ryou smiled as the coward started to snicker. Yami shook his head and nodded back to Malik to start a steady beat. Ryou went back to his own mic and grabbed it.

"I spent the last week writing a song just to preform here today. It's decicated to someone who set me up for this contest. My darker half... Even if he treats me like crap and disses me any chance he gets... He's the one person that means the most in this world to me. And it's about time that he knows what he's put me threw." Ryou took a deep breath and looked back at Malik who smiled and nodded slightly. "It's called Welcome To My Life... I hope you all enjoy it."

Jou started to strum the beginning as Malik stopped his steady beat. Yami closed his eyes nodded slightly as he felt Ryou's eyes on him. Ryou took another deep breath and closed his eyes, the spot light tinting to a soft blue which made Ryou's hair sparkle. Ryou opened his eyes and started to sing staring out over the crowd.

Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place?

Like somehow you just don't belong

And no one understands you?

Do you ever wanna run away?

Do you lock yourself in your room

With the radio on turned up so loud

And no one hears you screaming

No you don't know what it's like

When nothing feels alright

You don't know what it's like to be like me...

To be hurt, to feel lost
To be left out in the dark

To be kicked when you're down

To feel like you've been pushed around

To be on the edge of breaking down

And no one's there to save you

No you don't know what it's like

Welcome to my life

Do you wanna be somebody else?
Are you sick of feeling so left out?

Are you desperate to find something more

Before your life is over?

Are you stuck inside a world you hate?

Are you sick of everyone around?

With the big fake smiles

And stupid lies

While deep inside your bleeding

No you don't know what it's like

When nothing feels alright

You don't know what it's like to be like me...

To be hurt, to feel lost
To be left out in the dark

To be kicked when you're down

To feel like you've been pushed around

To be on the edge of breaking down

And no one's there to save you

No you don't know what it's like

Welcome to my life

No one ever lies straight to your face
No one ever stabs you in the back

You might think I'm happy

But I'm not gonna be ok

Everybody always gave you what you wanted

You never had to work

It was always there

You don't know what it's like

What it's like

To be hurt, to feel lost
To be left out in the dark

To be kicked when you're down

To feel like you've been pushed around

To be on the edge of breaking down

And no one's there to save you

No you don't know what it's like

To be hurt, to feel lost
To be left out in the dark

To be kicked when you're down

To feel like you've been pushed around

To be on the edge of breaking down

And no one's there to save you

No you don't know what it's like

Welcome to my life

Welcome to my life

Welcome to my life

When the song finished Ryou took a step back and closed his eyes. It was silent for a few moments and Ryou got nervous. When he opened his eyes once more he watched as everyone stood up and started to clap and yell really loud. Yami and Jou came up to Ryou and wrapped an arm around him. Ryou could feel his face getting hot and he closed his eyes smiling more then he ever had. Malik joined them shortly after and hugged Ryou tightly whispering in his ear that he did a good job. The clapping didn't die down as they walked off stage and watched their music teacher walk out on stage with tears in her eyes.

~That was something Ryou... I'm impressed.~ Bakura smiled and disappeared back into the ring. Ryou smiled to himself and walked with Malik over to grab a water bottle.

~I owe all that to you... Like I said before... You mean the world to me... And even though I go threw hell, and you sometimes treat me like shit... I still love you.~ Ryou smiled as he felt his darker hald blush. ~So do you know how I feel now?~ Bakura growled slightly and Ryou smirked.

~Yeah I know how you feel now... I'm not going to promise to start acting all nice to you and lovely and shit.~ Ryou giggled and got looked at weird from Jou and Malik. Yami smiled and leaned against the table. Ryou closed the link with Bakura and focused on what his music teacher was saying.

"So it give me great pleasure to present the winners of this years talent contest... The Spirits! Ryou, Yami, Malik, and Jou will you please come out here to get your prizes?" Jou jumped up with a big smile on his face and ran to the center of the stage. Yami walked out after him and Malik followed. Ryou smiled down at the ground, set his water bottle to the side and then went to join his band mates on the stage. Their teacher handed them all their checks for hundred bucks a piece and their passes for Kaiba Land. Ryou smiled and blushed as their music teacher started to cry when she handed him his stuff. She leaned over and whispered into his ear that she was very proud of him and he had to look away, having grown in more red.

After the awards were given out the four walked off stage to be greeted by Seto Kaiba. He had a smirk on his face and Jou growled. Yami and Malik held their blonde haired friend back and Ryou stepped forward.

"What do you want Kaiba?" Seto glared down at Ryou and then smiled slightly. Ryou took a step back slightly scared for his life watching Seto Kaiba smile. He looked over the four of them and then back down at Ryou.

"I came to offer you guys another gig. Kaiba Land has a new out door concert hall that will be opening this weekend. Sadly we couldn't find an act good enough to preform on the stage. I am offering you guys the job. I'll throw in four more passes for the park so your little cheerleading group can come too. What do you say?" Ryou couldn't believe his ears and had to blink a few time before it sank in. Jou had stopped tring to get to Kaiba and Yami was staring with his eyes wide. Malik seemed to be the only one depressed by this news.

"How much will you pay us? We wont do this for free you know..." Seto looked over to Malik and smirked slightly before crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'd say five hundred a piece should do it... and if you do any other performances at the park the price will be the same. Passes for your friends and two thosand dollers. And because I'm so kind I'll even make sure you have the best equipment." Jou's mouth dropped and Ryou blinked a few times. Yami stepped forward his hand out for Kaiba to shake.

"You have your..." He was cut off my Malik putting a hand on top of Yami's a frown on his face. Malik looked up to Kaiba and shook his head.

"One more thing... I'll need an apartment for my brother, sister, and me." Seto smiled and nodded pulling out a contract for the four of them to sign.

"Done! I'll just add it to this contract and then you four can sign it. I'll make sure that the Ishtar's are taken care off, and you four will perform at the park... Lets say every weekend?" Yami nodded to that and Seto set to work fixing the contract. Jou was bouncing around excited and Ryou couldn't believe it. Malik was the first to sign and Yami followed shortly after. Ryou was snapped back to attention as Malik pushed him forward to sign as well and Jou was the last. When Jou had finished signing he had jumped at Seto and hugged him. Making Seto, Yami, Jou, and Ryou, all blink in surprise. Seto hugged Jou back slightly and then pried the boy off of him. He grabbed the contract and placed it into his shirt before smiling and heading for the door. "I'll have keys delievered to all of you within the next few days. You will have a key to the stage and the practice rooms, equipment will be there. I'd get some sleep. You have your first performance next weekend." With that the young CEO walked out the door.

"Can you believe it? Two thousand dollers ever time we preform!" Jou's eyes were huge and sparkaling. Malik smacked him and then held his own stomach.

"I don't know about you three but I'm starved I haven't eated anything all day... And I know for a fact Ryou hasn't either... What do you all say we take advantage of Jou's last week of work and get some pizza?" Jou nodded and bolted out the door. Yami following closing behind him. Malik grabbed Ryou's arm and dragged the still dazed boy out the door. It had been one crazy week and Ryou didn't want to think what another week would be like.

~Well good think you wrote all those songs during the week. Or else you'd be screwed BIG time!~ Ryou blushed slightly as Bakura forced their link open to talk to him. Ryou smiled and pulled his arm from Malik's grib and ran to the truck where Jou and Yami were waiting with Tristan, Tea, and Duke.

"What are we all hanging around here for? I haven't eated in a week... Lets get some food and soda pop and head to my place to watch some movies... It's Friday night for pete's sake!" Everyone laughed as Ryou climbed into the cab with Tea and Jou. Malik jumped into the back with Duke (who was looking sour), Tristan, and Yami.

The four teens might have a long week ahead of them... but they had all weekend to rest up and party!

OWARI

Author's Ending Notes: There you have it fokes... my second finished fanfic... I'd like to thank Simple Plan for putting out their single "Welcome To My Life" earlier then they were going to... They wrote a great song and I turned it into a great story? Right? I hope you all think so... Anyways... I would also like to thank... My wonderful readers... You fuel me to write... Even if you don't actually review and you just read... You guys and gals are all wonderful! You make me want to cry but I'll hold it in... I'd like to mention now that as soon as Shuichi's Bored Writing (my Gravitation fanfic... Go read it if you haven't already) is finished I plan on writing another YGO songfic... With "The Spirits" of course... It'll be entitled "Your Biggest Mistake", which is a song by New Found Glory... It'll be Seto/Jou type of fanfic... So just so you all know! Well that's it for me... Hope you enjoyed my fanfic... OH AND DON'T FORGET TO REVIEW!