Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ When I Said Forever... ❯ Chapter 4: Is It Still the Same? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: KuraKat does NOT own YGO (sadness). If I did, well, many things would indeed be different. lol.
 
 
 
 
Chapter 4: Is It Still the Same?
 
“I can't believe it,” Taide said, “Ryou is you reincarnate and just happened to gain the Sennen Ring?”
“It was not just a coincidence, Michka; fate works in her own ways, just as you and I were meant to find each other again.”
The two sat in silence for a moment while everything processed in Taide's mind. She couldn't quite figure it all out, but then, there were some things that were never understood. All she knew was that she had to tell Bakura what she had hidden for so many years. (A/N: hehe. Plot twist time!!!)
“Bakura?”
Snapping out of his daze, the former thief looked up at his beautiful wife with eyes that opened into his soul.
“Yes, love?”
“I have something to tell you.”
“What is it, Michka?”
“We had two children.”
For a moment, Bakura sat there dumbfounded. Finally, he managed to find his voice.
“What? How?”
“I was pregnant before you disappeared, with twins. I didn't know it at the time or I would have told you.”
“Did we have daughters or sons, love?”
“One of each. Their names were Kaden and Ilani.”
Bakura paused for a moment before speaking again.
“Were they as beautiful as you?”
“Even more so; they looked like you.”
At this, Taide began to cry silent tears. All Bakura wanted to do was wipe them away and hold onto her forever.
“Taide, Taide sweetheart,” he whispered, gathering her into his arms as he wiped he thumb across her cheek, “what happened to them?”
She took a deep breath and looked at him with damp eyes.
“Ilani grew ill and died right before her first birthday. Then Kaden was taken by a plague with he was four. I had to watch my own children pass on before me! And poor Neci; he didn't know what to do about any of it. I know now that he tried so hard to comfort me and I pushed him away. I pushed him away; told him to disappear, Bakura; and he did!”
“What? I, I don't understand what you're saying.”
“I killed my own brother! I killed him with shadow magic, Bakura; with the same darkness that took you away from me. I didn't mean to, I didn't mean to! And then I was all alone, for three thousand years.”
At this, Bakura could not speak. He didn't know what to say. Finally, two words came to him, the two words that had always been so difficult for him to say.
“I'm sorry.”
Taide had been staring at her hands, but looked up at him with sad eyes.
“Me too, Bakura. Those children were all I had left of you, and Neci was all I had left of anything. It was even worse that I had to spend eternity living with what I had done, because I can't die, not until you do. But the children were so beautiful, so beautiful.”
Bakura took her hands in his and examined her long, slender fingers, stroking them with his own. He then noticed something he had not seen earlier.
“You still have that ring.”
For a moment, Taide didn't know what he was talking about. She looked down and it clicked in her mind.
“Of course, Bakura. I never took it off.”
On her left ring finger was the ring Bakura had given her the day they were married. The band was slim and silver, contrasting beautifully with her creamy complexion. On top was a peculiar pinkish stone with a diamond on either side. A star could be seen in the stone when the light hit it just right. Like Taide, it had remained unchanged for three thousand years.
“I just can't believe you kept it for so long. And it's in such great condition.”
“Yes, I know. I simply never could bare to remove the ring you gave to me.”
Bakura looked at her and smiled, kissing her lightly on the lips. He then sighed, knowing it was time for him to go back to his spirit room.
“Well love,” he sighed, “Ryou needs to get back to class. We will talk again soon, I promise. I love you, Michka.”
“I love you, too Bakura.”
And with that, Bakura's spirit faded and Ryou's reappeared.
“Hello Ryou.”
“Taide, I had no idea about any of that. I heard everything though. Please feel free to come by my house if you want to see Bakura. You can come with me after school if you would like.”
“I would like that a lot, Ryou. Thank you.”
“Well, I need to get to class. Talk to you again soon. Bye!”
“Bye.”
And with that, Taide watched the reincarnate of her husband walk into the large brick building. She resigned to simply sit in the courtyard and wait for him to come back out.
 
*****Well, tell me what ya think. Sorry if this chapter is a little short. I tried to make it longer, but it took forever just to come up with that chapter. I've had to write a 10 page term paper for class, so I've got temporary writer's block, but I'll try to get another chapter up soon. Enjoy! ~KuraKat~ *****