Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Why I cant say "that" ❯ Funeral ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi's POV

I can never tell anyone I care for them. It will only hurt them. It killed every one of my family members; me, saying how I love them. That is where I am today, at the funeral of my grandfather, he is there because of me. I am looking down at my feet when I see another shadow by mine.

"I know this isn't the best time or place, but I need to know, do you love me?" inquired Yami.

"I can't tell you." I reply.

"I see, then I am going to have to leave you, " said Yami with much melancholy in his voice.

"No, it's not like that. Every time I tell someone "I love you" and truly mean it, they die."

"That's ridiculous"

"Oh yeah, ask them" I said pointing to a row of four gravestones."

Normal POV

Yami bends down and looks at the names, all of them had the name of Mutou. "Yugi, that isn't true"

"Yes, it is. They all died the day I told them I love them, well not the first time, but when they needed to hear it."

"Yugi, that is impossible"

"Oh yeah? When I was young, my mother was really sad, and I noticed how she needed a hug. So I hugged her and told her I loved her. Anyways, later that day, she never came home. she died in a car crash. After my father got over her death, he married a woman already with a child. One day I was very sick, and they told me how much they loved me, and I said I loved them all very much. Also later that day, they died, but this time in a bank robbery. And finally, the day, two days ago, the day of my grandfather's death. You know how my grandpa was already becoming sick, anyway I brought him some soup and told him how much I loved him. Then, right then and there, he died. Don't you see Yami? Their deaths are my fault. It was me who killed them."

"Aibou, it is not your fault"

"Can you prove it?" By this time, tears were pouring down Yugi's face.

"Aibou, you cannot blame yourself for your family's deaths. It was probably some very, very bad coincidences."

"Well, I cant risk another coincidence because you see, if I told you that thing and you died, then I would have nothing more to live for. I would either go crazy, end up not talking to anyone, not going to school, not doing anything, or kill myself. I can't risk losing you"