Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Shadow Games Saga ❯ Duel 3: Return of the Cards with Teeth ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Read Duel 1

Authors Notes: Well first off, for anyone that's wondering how much 2000 yen is, it's about $17 in American money. Second, anyone that thinks this story is gonna focus on Duel Monsters from now on is WRONG!!! I like the card game, and play it. (Even though I almost never win… XD) It's just that I don't feel like typing up strategies for the card game all the time… Hey, maybe that's why hardly any stories focus on the card game! They're just as lazy as me!

This version of the game, Wizards and Magic, is a little different than Duel Monsters. First of all, you can only have 40 cards in a deck. Next, there are only 2000 life points, like in the earlier chapters/episodes of Duelist Kingdom. There are also no attributes like DARK or LIGHT or FIRE.

I will also use American names for the cards, as I do not know all the Japanese names, and the manga translation uses the American names.

Anyway, that's all for now, on with the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Shadow Games Saga

Duel 3: Return of the Cards with Teeth

"… What do you think it means?…" Anzu asked, after reading the letter.

"I don't know, but If anyone threatens Yugi, they mess with me!" Jonouchi said while cracking his knuckles.

"I also got this weird invitation yesterday… I haven't read it yet…" Yugi said, showing them the letter.

Jonouchi read the invitation. "Hmmm… 'Think your game? Come to the 1st Annual Wizards and Magic Tournament on Saturday at the Kame Game Shop--'"

"Yugi, it was just an invitation to the tournament at your grandpa's shop!" Anzu interrupted.

"Oh…" Yugi blushed. "I was just worried by that strange letter"

Jonouchi continued. "Before I was rudely interrupted… 'The tournament is on Saturday, August 12 at 10:00 A.M. All duelists can attend, but you were lucky enough to get an invite! Be there or be square!' … 'Be there or be square'? Who the heck uses that corny line anymore?"

Yugi giggled. "Maybe we should go?"

"Yeah, I'm game!"

"Remember what happened last time you said that?" Anzu teased.

"Hey! It's a card game! What are they gonna do, give me a paper cut?!"

"Hey! Let's go to into my Grandpa's shop to get some new cards!" Yugi suggested.

Jonouchi gave Yugi a thumbs up. "Okay!"

"Seeya Anzu!" Yugi waved.

"Bye Yugi! Bye Jou!" Anzu walked off to dancing class.

Jonouchi and Yugi ran into the shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They bought several packs after converting all the quarters Yugi found into yen. And were they ever in luck! Yugi got several good cards. And Jonouchi got…

"A Red Eyes Black Dragon! Awesome!"

"That's cool, Jonouchi!"

"I can't wait to try this baby out!"

The two friends played a little game…

"Yugi! I attack with my Giant Soldier of Stone! (1300/2000)" Jonouchi yelled out.

"Waboku" Yugi said simply. "Now I activate Ookazi to take away 800 Life Points. Then I summon my Baby Dragon. (1200/700)"

"Gah? That won't beat me…"

"But I also have a Time Wizard and Polymerization in my hand, so I attempt a fusion… to create Thousand Dragon! (2400/2000) Boy these new fusion cards are nifty…"

"Gaaah…"

"Now I attack your Giant Soldier of Stone to do 1100 damage and win the game!"

"Nooo! I lost again…"

"Don't worry! You'll get better!"

"Thanks, Yug…"

"Your welcome…"

~~~~~~~~

The next day, at the tournament, people were all gathering to duel. Yugi and Jonouchi made it to the semi-finals, where they met up with…

"Kaiba!" Yugi yelled out. "Hi!"

"Hmm? It's Yugi… And that fool Jonouchi…" Seto Kaiba said as he looked at the two. "I can see how Yugi got to the semi-finals, but how did that bumbling airhead get here?"

"Yo! Kaiba!" Jonouchi called over to the Wizards and Magic Champ. "Whatcha doin at a small tourney like this?"

Kaiba glared. "Hmph. Not that it's any of your business, but I'm one of the judges this year…"

"Oh, okay!"

Kaiba muttered to himself. "Idiot…"

"Hmm? What was that?"

"Nothing… Imbecile…"

~~~~~~~~~~

The tournament ended with Jonouchi losing in the semi-finals, and Yugi winning the whole tournament. He said it was the luck of the Millennium Puzzle. If only he knew…

"Hey! Kaiba! Let's duel! Loser surrenders his rarest card!"

"Not that I think that any of your cards are worth having, but fine! I accept your duel!" Kaiba sneered. "Then I can show all these people what a pathetic duelist you are!"

Yugi ran up to Jonouchi. "Jonouchi! Don't do this! Your not ready!"

"No sweat, Yug! I won't lose!" Jonouchi smirked. "Not with my secret weapon!"

"…"

The duel started out with Jonouchi summoning a Summoned Skull (2500/1200). Then Kaiba brought out a Fissure, destroying the Summoned Skull. Then he attacked with Shadow Ghoul.

Jonouchi: 400

Kaiba: 2000

"Good move… But…" Jonouchi drew a card. "Yes! I summon the Red Eyes Black Dragon!"

"So…" Kaiba smirked. "You do have a card worth having… But it will be in vain… Trap Hole"

"No!"

"Heh… Now, I summon my Blue Eyes White Dragon!"

Yugi gasped. "You have a Blue Eyes White Dragon?!"

Kaiba smirked. "Yep. It turns out there are four Blue Eyes! And I have 2 of them! Now: Attack, Blue Eyes!!!"

Jonouchi: 0

Kaiba: 2000

"No!" screamed Jonouchi.

"Yes! Now give me your Red Eyes!" Kaiba proclaimed.

"Fine… Here…" Jonouchi handed Kaiba his card sadly.

"Now, as to make an example of you… I will rip up your Red Eyes Black Dragon in front of all these people!"

"NOOOOOO!!!"

"Kaiba! Don't do it!" Yugi yelled as his puzzle glowed.

Dark Yugi glared at Kaiba. "Kaiba! Jonouchi put his heart into that card! I will not allow you to rip it up!"

Kaiba smiled viciously. Yes, this could work he thought to himself. I could embarrass Yugi and Jonouchi in one day! This is perfect… "Yugi! Let's make a deal…"

Dark Yugi smirked. "A deal?"

"Yes. Let's duel! If you win, I give the dog -- er, Jonouchi, his card back."

"And If I lose?"

"You bow on your knees, proclaiming me as the best duelist! And you will be my slave for a week!"

"… Alright. I except your challenge!"

"Good…" Kaiba smirked.

"But only if we duel in a private room. If you win, we leave the room so I can 'grovel'…"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GAME START!

The duel began. Kaiba went first.

"I summon the Lord of Dragon!" Kaiba said, putting the card on the table. "I also activate the Flute of Summoning Dragon to bring out 2 Blue Eyes from my hand! Lord of Dragons protects them! I now end my turn."

"Fine then… I set a monster on the field… "

"See, Yugi? There's nothing you can do!" Kaiba laughed to himself.

"But I also set a trap/magic card… Done…"

"Fine… I attack your face down monster!"

"Nope! Dragon Capture Jar!"

"What?! Noo!"

"Then, I flip over my face-down card… Time Wizard! Time Roulette!" Dark Yugi yelled as he flipped a coin. "Heads!"

"Hmph… I hope it is tails…"

"Heads. Your monsters are destroyed."

"Grrr…"

"I end my turn…"

Kaiba drew a card. He smiled to himself. "I set a magic/trap card on the field… You may go…"

"I summon the Feral Imp"

"I activate my trap card: Just Desserts. It does 500 direct damage for every monster my opponent has on the field. You have 2 monsters. Do the math."

Kaiba: 2000

Yugi: 1000

"Very well…" Dark Yugi said as he drew a card. "Perfect… I set a monster face-down on the field! Then I set a magic/trap card… Your move, Kaiba!"

"I use Monster Reborn to bring back my Blue Eyes!" Kaiba said as he brought the card out of his grave yard.

"But you forgot my Dragon Capture Jar!"

"That's where you are wrong! I also activate Remove Trap!"

"No!"

"Yes! Now I activate Ookazi! Attack, my dragon!"

Kaiba: 2000

Yugi: 200

"Heh… Man-Eater Bug…"

"No!"

"Yes! Now your Blue Eyes is destroyed!"

"Grrr… Go…"

"And now, I summon my Dark Magician!"

"Damnit! No!"

"Dark Magician, Dark Magic Attack!"

"Nooo!!!"

Yugi: 200

Kaiba: 0

GAME OVER!

"Argh… I can't believe I lost to you again…" Kaiba said as he slumped into his seat.

"Now, give me back my friend's Red Eyes Black Dragon…" Dark Yugi said.

"Fine…" Kaiba brought the card out… And ripped it in two. "Ha! No more Red Eyes!!!"

"That wasn't part of our deal…"

"Who cares, that loser Jonouchi doesn't deserve such a nice card…"

"You destroyed my friend's heart…" Dark Yugi hissed. "That is unacceptable…"

"What are you going to do?" Kaiba teased.

Dark Yugi picked up one of Kaiba's Blue Eyes.

"Don't you dare rip that up…" warned Kaiba.

"No… What I plan to do is much worse…" Dark Yugi put the card on the floor. It started spewing smoke, as a giant dragon came up from the card.

"The card came to life?!" Kaiba screamed.

"Yes!" Dark Yugi put the ripped Red Eyes on the ground. It also came to life. "You slaughtered the Blue Eye's' brother. Now they are both here for revenge…" The two dragons attacked Kaiba.

"Nnnoooo!!! Stay away!!!" Kaiba screamed as the dragon's attacks headed for him. Then. As if they weren't there in the first place, the dragons and their attacks disappeared. "Wha??" He looked around for Yugi, but he was also gone… Instead, there was a note that said: Give back my friends heart…

~~~~~~~~~~

Dark Yugi walked out of the room, then switched with Yugi. Jonouchi ran up to a confused Yugi. "So, did you beat him?"

"Huh?" Yugi asked, confused at what was going on. "Beat who?"

"Kaiba!"

"What?"

"Never mind", Jonouchi sighed. "So did you get my card back?"

"Ummm…"

"What is it, Yugi?"

"I saw it on the table, but--" began Yugi, as he reached into his pocket and retrieved a ripped Red Eyes. "It was ripped… I'm sorry…" Yugi looked like he was going to cry.

"Yugi… It wasn't your fault… It was that jerk, Kaiba…" Jonouchi said, comforting his friend. "C'mon, I'll get us some burgers…"

~~~~~~~~~~

That very next morning, Jonouchi found an envelope in the mail addressed to him. He opened it and found in it a shiny new, holographic Red Eyes Black Dragon: 1st Edition. "Wow, this is great! I wonder where it came from?!" He looked at a note that was also in the envelope. He raised an eyebrow, then rubbed his eyes and wondered if he was seeing things. He shrugged it off and ran back into the house to tell Yugi.

Dog, here is your darn "heart" back…Holographic, 1st Edition. You had better like this, because I will NEVER repeat, NEVER do this again.

-Kaiba

P.S. You tell anyone about this, I will personally pluck off your eyebrows one by one.

To be Continued…

~~~~~~~~~~

Whew! Longest non MST chapter yet! That's all for now! Hope it wasn't too cheesy. Seeya!