Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Newest Spirit Detective ❯ Kiss A Corpse... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or Yu Yu Hakusho so don't sue me. I'm just borrowing them for a little
 
Warnings: Swearing, angst, and if you turn it 43 degrees to the left and squint just so you might see necrophilia (if you can see that then you are a very disturbed mind), possible grammar
 
Extra Notes: Depending on the version you have either been waiting 3 or 5 months for this. Damn saints the lot of ya ^_^
 
Extra Special Notes: Will be slash/malexmale/boy love (so help me if that isn't enough for you to figure it out by now...).
 
Pairings: Past Harry/Draco, Stable Ron/Hermione and Neville/Luna, Future Yuuske/Harry, Kurama/Draco/Hiei
--------
 
“/blah/” is a language foreign to the country (Japanese in England, English in Japan, etc)
“Blah” is the understood language (English in England, Japanese in Japan, etc)
/blah/ is thinking
 
--------
 
And now, onto the show…
 
--------
 
Chapter 3
Kiss a Corpse…
 
Harry was still far away in his memories and Yuske looked on sadly, wondering what could have happened to make the normally exuberant and feisty spirit so melancholy. A motion in his peripheral vision causes Yuske to turn his head and face the small group of five sitting at the end of the table. The two girls, Hermione and a sandy blonde sitting across from her were staring wide eyed at Harry. A red head boy, sitting next to Hermione, was trying to decide if he wanted to glare at Harry or cry and it looked like crying was winning if his shiny eyes were any indication. A tall-ish boy with a lean-ish, toned frame and brown hair, sitting beside the sandy blonde girl, just looked like someone had cracked a board over his head. The last, a steely eyed platinum blonde boy just glared at Harry and his twitching lips bore testimony to the snarl he was barely able to restrain.
 
To say Yuske wasn't feeling overly confident would be both annoyingly obvious and a teeny bit of an understatement. If these people were Harry's loved ones…
 
Seeing as Harry was still stuck in a morose La-La-Land Yuske does the only thing he can. He strides up to the little grouping with his normal careless confidence, places his hands firmly on the end of the table, leans over slightly, raises a brow, and asks in eloquent Japanese, “/What the hell are you staring at? You never seen a spirit before?/”. A dangerous gleam was lurking in the depths of the spirit detective's rich chocolate eyes.
 
Hermione finally blinks and looks at Yuske, her jaw working silently. The platinum blonde turned his glare to the interloper then re-targets on Hermione. “Well Mrs. Weasel,” the blonde sneers, “do you mind doing that I-am-the-most-brilliant-girl-in-the-world trick and translate what the hell he,” he jerks his head towards Yuske, “just said?”
 
Seeing Red tense at Platinum's words, Yuske eases himself back onto his heels, meshes his fingers together, and reclines his head against his fingers. Years of fighting with Kuwabara had honed his ability to sense a fight, even in a different language/country, into a finely tuned instrument. If he was reading the Red British boy's body language right, he was getting worked up to all out brawling with Platinum. Platinum's body was screaming arrogance, confidence, and…triumph? That last threw Yuske for about two seconds until he recalled how he tended to feel more focused, albeit tired and sore, after a decent fight. Both teens were tensed and glaring eternal pain at each other.
 
Sandy grabs Brown and slowly maneuvers themselves away from the table. Sandy's fingers flicker and Hermione glances up in surprise. Sandy gives Hermione a `significant look' and Hermione replies with an imperceptible nod and mimics Sandy's stealthy retreat from the table. She slips around the end of the table, behind Yuske's surprisingly nonchalant form, and over to Brown and Sandy. Red and Platinum were leaning over their respective side of the table, palms flattened against the wooden tabletop, arms locked tight and weight bearing, their enraged faces snarling a hairs breadth away from each other. Yuske smirks and takes a step back, `This going to be good.'
 
CRASH! The benches the boys had been sitting on fell back as the two boys lunged at each other. THUD as they landed on the table top, Red pinning the slimmer Platinum. CRACK as Red draws his right fist back, left firmly caught in Platinum's collar, and snakes it forward, connecting solidly with Platinum's jaw. CLICK and OOMPH as Platinum's jaw snaps to the right and his teeth slam together, just missing his tongue, while his knee finds solid purchase in Red's solar plexus.
 
Not wasting a moment Platinum takes the lead and head bashes Red in the nose with a wet CRUNCH! Red reels back, left hand going up to his bleeding and probably broken nose, while his right stops him from falling off the end of the table. Platinum scrambles to his feet and Red follows, fists clenched.
 
WHISH as Red's jab just misses Platinum who crouches down onto the balls of his feet and lunges at Red like a springing cat. `Or a certain fire apparition' Yuske smirks to himself as he wanders back over to Harry who is looking on with something between awe and sorrow.

THUD! CRACK! as Red's head meets the flagstone floor seconds after his torso does. His legs were awkwardly caught on the table and Platinum, smirking on Red's chest, wasn't helping. Platinum fists the collar of Red's robes and pulls back his free hand. Growling in triumph, he hooks his fist forward, and Red's head snaps to the right and his frame goes limp. Platinum smiles triumphantly and eases up off of Red's prone form and staggers slightly.
 
Yuske notices Platinum staggering and materializes by his side, grabbing him before he can fall over. “/You alright? Red's punch earlier was solid./”
 
Platinum frowns and tries to straighten up but is almost bowled over by Hermione who bolts to Red's side. “Draco Malfoy! You--”
 
Yuske feels Platinum, Draco; sigh before looking significantly at Hermione. Her voice stops mid rant/shriek, although her lips move for a few more words. Figuring out she is suddenly voiceless, she casts a scathing look all around the small group, lingering on Harry's transparent figure while she helps the now conscious, if dazed and disoriented, Red stand. She stalks Red over to the doors and stops long enough to turn and gives everyone a universally translated `You're #1'. The rest of the group stares after the departing couple, stunned, while Yuske tries his damndest to stop from laughing out loud.
 
After a moment Yuske feels Draco shaking against him and turns his head enough to see that he was laughing silently too. “/Hard to believe Granger would know what the hell that meant/” Draco snickers out. One of two things snapped the others out of their Hermione instilled shock; A) Draco Malfoy, leaning on the arm of a strange Japanese boy, laughing so hard his face (the part not starting to bruise over) was glowing neon and his eyes where streaming tears B) He could fluently speak Japanese and was valiantly trying to communicate between fits of said laughter. Of course, the fact that said Japanese boy was also cracking up wasn't helping matters.
 
~5 Minutes Later~
 
“/I think I ((snicker)) hurt something./”
 
“/You? ((snort)) You weren't the one fighting Weasley. ((snicker)) You were just standing back and watching. How can you hurt something?/” Draco asks and giggles. That did it.
 
“DRACO MALFOY!”
 
“/Shit./” Draco turned to look at the stunned spirit of the savior of the wizarding world. He quirks his brow sardonically and asks, “What do you want Potter?”
 
Harry lifts his hand and slowly rubs at his temples. Evidently spirits could get headaches. Sighing, Harry drops his hand and looks at Draco. The utter indignation on Draco's face has Harry less than subtly snickering. Draco's face quickly warps into pent up anger and finally snaps, “You have some balls coming back here Potty after abandoning us without so much as a bloody damn `good bye'! I thought we were supposed to be your friends Potty instead you leave us to the wolves! If you haven't realized it Scarhead, you were the only thing keeping the school from ripping me and therefore the rest of the Gryffindor Golden a new ass hole. The only reason I'm not dead yet is no one is stupid enough to cast an Unforgivable in front of witnesses! Damnit Potter...after everything...I hate you!”
 
And with that exclamation the flushed Slytherin flees from the Great Hall leaving a stunned Neville and Luna, concerned Spirit Detective, and guilt ridden specter. Harry stares after the door Draco disappeared through, faintly luminescent tears tailing down his ghostly cheeks. With a heart wrenching sob the one-time Boy-Who-Lived soared through the newly enchanted ceiling before the others can stop him.
 
Yuske makes to follow after his distressed ward but surprisingly Brown grasps his shoulder and shakes his head quickly but firmly `no'. “Leave him for a bit. Draco needs to clam down and Harry needs this chance to do the whole Harry Potter, Boy-Who-Lived, Unjustly-Responsible-for-the-Whole-Wizarding-World guilt trip, reaction anger trip, information assimilation come down, then full blown `Watch your ass the Boy-Who-Lived is here and he is pissed!' righteous anger bit. Don't worry; this'll work out by dinner, Lion's honor.”
 
()()()()
 
That night in the Great Hall, six months of curbed anger, hate, and tension came to a head. During the past half year Draco Malfoy, Hogwarts most hated student had taken to arriving early, bolting a quick meal of whatever was before him, and leaving when the rest of the students started coming in. He had learned quickly that he wasn't welcome, even by the rest of his house. However, Draco was still in shock from the earlier encounter with Potter and didn't realize he was late for dinner when he arrived in the Great Hall. The sudden descent of almost blaring silence finally snapped him out of his shocked state. Now, Malfoy's are not stupid as a general rule, sure Lucius wound up bending down to a sadistic, maniacal, hypocrite of a Dark Lord but he always made it out relatively unscathed with negligible damage to either image of power. So, when the normally loud and buzzing Great Hall suddenly became deafeningly silent, Draco knew he was in trouble; a quick glance at the unfortunately empty head table proved he wasn't just in trouble but completely fucked. Evidently he wasn't the only person to notice the empty head table as nearly all of Gryffindor table stood up and surrounded the outcast Slytherin Prince. The other tables followed suit and soon the whole student body of Hogwarts surrounded the lone snake but the Gryffindors were firmly entrenched in the middle.
 
“Well, well, well if it isn't the little prince Malfoy. Thought you could avoid punishment all year didn't you? Come early and leave fast? Hide behind teachers' robes?” A cruel laugh issued forth that sounded disturbingly like Lucius right before `punishment'. “We all know that couldn't last forever didn't we? Sooner or later you were bound to screw up and look,” his arms spread lazily to include the sea of students, “that's exactly what you did.” His teeth were bared in a vicious grin, “No where to run Drakey, no where to hide, no teachers to stop you from getting your just reward.” His wand flashed in an angry slash with a shout of “Crucio!” a malevolent red beam of excruciating pain and insanity raced towards the blonde Malfoy whose face had set into a fierce defiance of flashing storm grey eyes that never wavered from the eyes of his attacker.
 
A loud grunt and the thud of a body falling to its knees is heard by all but the Malfoy heir is still standing; however, his face had changed from defiance to shock. Because, before him on his knees was Neville Longbottom, teeth clenched tight on agonized screams while his muscles spasmed from the curse. His eyes glittered dangerously reminding all present of the fierce lion that was the symbol of his house. A shout and a loud CRACK and Neville slumps forward slightly as the curse is broken. SNAP rings out over the stunned crowd, drawing attention to the youngest male Weasley standing over the prone form of Seamus Finnegan his hands filled with pieces of broken wand. An eerie calm settles over the red head's pale face as he casts the broken bits into the shocked crowd and stalks over to Draco and Neville's side, helping Draco support Neville. Ginny, Luna, and Hermione form a triangle around the three males and with both synchronized motion and chant, raise a blue pyramid around the six teens. Shifting Neville fully into Ron's embrace Draco quickly pulls out a murky brown vial and holds it to the Gryffindor's lips who downs it without question but a vivid grimace of distaste. At the questioning look he simply states “Anti-Cruciatus Potion” and puts the vial into a robe pocket. “You alright mate?” Ron asks softly and a small smile quirks his lips before answering with an equally soft “Yeah.” It was the closest either boy would come to apologizing but both recognized it and understood. Neville straightens up and smiles at both boys and then grins at the three girls. This display of friendship and camaraderie rouses the crowd that, with a roar, starts firing at the pyramid. The boys quickly scramble into position between each girl and send their power into the Pyramid Ward.
 
The Pyramid Ward was an ingenious ward spell thought up by the Founders and perfected by the Golden Trio. Generate by positive feelings of love and friendship, the Pyramid Ward absorbed the power of any spells cast at it and broke it down to the basic primal energy. As the energy builds up it is condensed and amplified until it reached a set level before unleashing a non-lethal concussive pulse of primal energy. Considering the almost entire student body of Hogwarts was leveling spells at the Ward, that level was quickly reached.
 
As the students picked themselves up from the resultant blast they stopped in stunned disbelief. Hovering before the min all his ephemeral glory was the ghost of Harry Potter. Face contorted in rage a bone chilling cold sweeps through the hall while a silent wind surrounds the dead savior, billowing his robes and hair while his eyes glow an unearthly Avada Kedavra green.
 
“How dare you? How dare you?! How dare you attack another student! And with an Unforgivable no less! HOW DARE YOU! Have I truly sacrificed myself for this?! This crowd of cowards and bullies, ignorant morons and arrogant bastards? Did I really die just for you and the rest of this narrow minded ignorant world to create a new Dark Lord One. Miserable. Year. Later?!
 
I can not believe how utterly imbecilic you all are! Do any of you know why Voldemort came to be?! He came to be because one boy was picked on, walked over, ignored, over ruled and bullied! He was one of the greatest students Hogwarts ever saw but he was so mistreated he gave up his future for revenge! Revenge, you arseholes that became damn near 30 years of bloodshed and terror! Terror that came again four fuckin' years ago! I DIED destroying that snake-faced bastard because you and the rest of this miserable world had your heads so far up your collective arses that you let a fuckin' eleven, ELEVEN, year old CHILD take the brunt of your problems and fight your war! A war I DIED to stop!
 
Let me point out to you all that if Draco were to decide to take revenge he has the brains, money, power, and influence to become greater, GREATER, than Voldemort himself! And so help me, STOP FLINCHING! HE'S DEAD! Even I, Harry bloody damn Potter, would be afraid to face him!
 
You are lucky I am dead or you would no escape from here unscathed. Not only is Draco my friend and ex-boyfriend he is also the reason you lot had a corpse to bury at the end of the day. He could have left before the final spells flew but instead he stuck around and saved my corpse from being turned into paste from the falling house. And let's not forget that he willingly faced his lunatic father to protect Ron, Hermione, Neville and Luna not six bloody months later! He damn near got AK'd for them! So I ask again, HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU ATTACK ONE OF THE BRAVEST AND NOBLEST PEOPLE I KNOW!
 
You are lucky Draco has true friends to help protect him or else I would have taken personal delight in leveling you all.” With a last malicious glare Harry Potter's aura pulsed and the six students and ghost disappeared.
 
The group reappeared in the Astronomy Tower where they used to meet and talk. Harry backs up and starts to flit over to his `seat' when he's stopped by a mental pull from Draco. Evidently a bond was formed between the two when Lucius almost AK'd his son while possessed by Harry.
 
“You know Scarhead we can't interact with you properly without a body right?” Translation from Dracoese: “Hurry up and get in here Potter we've got to talk!” Carefully merging with Draco he is surprised by the feeling of home coming Draco directs his way. “Guess I'm forgiven then?” “Only because you saved me Scarhead. Even dead you're still the Golden Boy pain in the ass.” “I am not.” “Are too.”
 
“Boys!” Draco's head snaps around. Snickering, Neville nudges Ron and holds out his hand. “I told you they were arguing.” “Damn I was sure after that little display back there Draco would be all over him.” Ron grumbles while pulling out three chocolate frogs and grudgingly drops them into Neville's waiting hand. “Please doing business with you Ronnie,” Neville grins as pink stains Ron's cheeks before biting the head off his first frog. They had figured out two weeks after the Lucius Incident that when possessed Draco's eyes changed to match the type of possession. When Draco was dominant the eyes were grey-blue with a green tinge. When Harry was dominant the eyes became a cloudy green. When they reached the oh-so-rare perfect (or as perfect as those two were likely to ever get) harmony their eyes became a beautiful teal color. And, of course, when fighting ensued between host and ghost one eye became Malfoy grey-blue and Potter emerald green. The four Gryffindor's and one Ravenclaw no longer noticed the dual eyes the pair (frequently) sported.
 
“So, how long you going to be back mate?”
 
“Probably not too much longer Ron. I've sorta got things to do you know? And even if I didn't, I still wouldn't stick around longer than it would take you lot to graduate. But, I can't stick around that long.”
 
“What? Harry, what on Earth or beyond could you possibly need to do? As you pointed out, multiple times might I add, You. Are. Dead.”
 
“Trust me `Mione, I know.” Harry/Draco groused with a small grimace. Steepling his fingers under his chin, cloudy green eyes assess everyone surrounding him. Seemingly happy with his assessment, he takes a deep breath and explains about his departure, premature death, loophole, new teacher (Hermione gasped while the others snicker at the thought of the young Japanese teen being Harry's teacher) and finally the reason for his arrival.
 
Slipping out of Draco's body the ex-boy-savior turns and looks Draco in the eye. “Draco, you were my boyfriend and still are one of my closest friends. You know I would everything in my power to protect you right?” Raising and elegant blonde eyebrow Draco smiles softly, “I would do the same for you Harry.” Crossing ethereal fingers and taking a nervous breath he starts to explain. “Good. You see, like I said there is a loophole since I died prematurely doing a good deed. Well, you see uhm...Draco...wouldyoukissmycorpse?”
 
Silence descends sharply and Draco blinks before asking slowly and quietly in pseudo-calm, “Harry...slow down, space it out, and repeat that please.”
 
Swallowing /I'm dead and I'm swallowing and I could swear I'm sweating! Ghosts don't sweat. Good thing I'm dead or I'd die of embarrassment right now. Ah damn.../ thickly Harry says, “Draco would you kiss my corpse?”
 
Blinking slowly he gestures for Harry to explain. “You see, when I died I got this egg. The egg fed on my karma I generated as a ghost. Lots of good karma means I'm given a chance to live again. Lots of bad and I'm completely and totally erased from the fabric of reality. Now, I thought I destroyed that egg when I threw it at Lucius. Not so simple of course, I am Harry flippin' Potter, normal does not apply. Evidently it survived completely intact and kept collecting karma. I was summoned, it hatched, and I'm not erased out of existence as you can see. That doesn't mean insta-res though. I need a loved one to kiss my corpse by midnight tonight or I'm SOL. Since Draco is my ex-boyfriend I'm asking him to kiss me although I'm certain any of you could and it would work. So, um, would you please kiss my corpse Draco? Or any of you?” Harry runs his fingers through his hair nervously as the group moves to the side and whispers quickly but fiercely. Turning back to their floating friend they grin. “Okay but we've got to work fast we have two hours to remove the wards and move the lid. Come on!”
 
With that, Hermione leads the group swiftly but silently outside to the lake where Albus Dumbledore's tomb lay. Next to it was a simple but elegant tomb of the same shining white marble .Working swiftly it still takes them an hour and a half to get through hall the wards and without Luna's ability to identify wards it would have taken even longer. Conjuring a crowbar to try and pry off the lid (since it absorbed all magic direct at it) they quickly realize they need help. Smacking himself in his ethereal forehead Harry mutters a quick “Keep trying” before disappearing. Working frantically the group of five only manages a one inch gap five minutes before midnight. Harry finally reappears with Yuuske who takes one look at the situation and shoves everyone out of the way, and heaves against the magically enhanced coffin lid. Four minutes...three minutes...two minutes...one minute and the upper half of the lid falls revealing the softly glowing head and torso of the savior of the wizarding world. Thirty seconds to midnight and Draco leans over and gently kisses the surprisingly soft and warm lips of his ex.
 
A gong rings out throughout the ground and Draco releases Harry's lips. Two gongs...three gongs...Harry's ghost starts to fade out...four gongs...five gongs...a gentle breeze picks up and swirls around the fading spirit...six gongs...seven gongs...the spirit disappears leaving the afterglow of Avada Kedavra green eyes...eight gongs...nine gongs...the ministry crew plus Draco and Yuuske lean over the coffin to look at the brightly glowing form...ten gongs...eleven gongs...the glow suddenly bursts in an intense green light causing the observes to turn away...twelve gongs, midnight...the chest of the boy who lived rises and falls in deep even breaths like one sleeping. Leaning over the coffin once again, Draco gently touches the warm cheek of the boy hero. Green eyes flutter open and stare into soft grey-blue. Smiling softly the newly resurrected boy savior whispers, “Hey Drake.”
 
--------
 
 
Misc InfoYou Might Find Useful:
Luna and Ginny were bumped up a grade level with the help of Hermione, Draco, and Ron (not him but still). So, everyone would/will graduate at the end of this school year.
 
Yes, Draco and Harry were boyfriends but they broke up now they are like brothers (the bond from the almost AK'ing)
 
Ginny has no real part other than to make the ward even. 3 girls, 3 boys. I don't really like her she was just necessary for this.
 
DRACO HARRY BOND INFO (YOU WANT TO REMEMBER THIS FOR LATER BECAUSE I WON'T REPEAT IT!)
Draco: Grey with green tinge
Harry: Cloudy green (green with grey tinge so cloudy)
Draco+Harry: Teal or something like it.
Draco-Harry: One grey, One green
 
Luna's ward ID ability will reappear but not for a while. Not sure how important it will be but I will use it at least once more.
 
This is mainly Yu Yu Hakusho with occasional reference to Harry Potter. We will be out of Hogwarts either sometime Ch 4 or Ch 5 at the latest. We are at Hogwarts only for set up and I don't plan on returning.