Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-KAGOME'S POV-

I was really tired. I ached all over, and felt as though I had been eaten and thrown up over and over again.I didn't want to open my eyes for I was warm within an unknown persons arms, and this person was the only comforting thing around me at that moment and I didn't want the person to put me down if they knew that I was awake, I didn't want to lose my only comfort.

Suddenly it felt as though the person and I were falling through a really large ongoing hole. I was scared, even though my eyes were shut tight, the idea of falling through this hole forever at this fast speed and cold temperature just didn't appeal to me. As we continued falling, I gripped the figure tightly for fear of falling out of the persons hold.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity, we stopped falling and landed, quite gracefully, on a sturdy floor. Feeling that I would be safe, I allowed myself to fall asleep.

-HIEI'S POV-

As we fell through the portal, I could tell that Kagome was scared, but it would be hard to comfort someone while falling at who knows what speed, in who knows what temperature, in almost pitch blackness, for what seemed like an eternity.

Suddenly, I felt her grip my cloak quite tightly, probably out of fear.

Luckily we landed in Koenmas office, and she let me go, and went to sleep.

Almost immediately afterwards, I was greeted by my boss, the grim reaper, my three teamates, Genkai, Shizuru, Keiko, Puu, and Yukina, all buzzing with questions and comments: "She's pretty!" "Do you think she will go out with me?" " I doubt it." "She must have gone through a lot." "I bet both her and Hiei are quite tired." "I love her hair!" "Good job Hiei." "How exactly DID you save her?" "I bet Hiei had to knock her out to get her to go with him, with his people skills." "Is she really strong?", and so on and so forth. In truth I was getting a really bad headache from it all, and I doubted it was helping Kagome to get any rest. I felt like yelling as loud as I could for them to shut up, but decided against it, for if all of their talking didn't, my yelling surely would awaken Kagome from her peaceful sleep.

I too was tired, though I didn't show it nor say it. It would make me look weak.

Then it finally hit me: Kagome and I were intertwined... permanently, until death do us part. We were stuck together for at least one of our life spans. Even if I wanted to leave her for good, even if I wanted to go to demon world, I couldn't. I'd always have to be in at least the same city as her. I had no choice.I had no choice!!! Absolutely none! I had given up that choice when the old miko told me the consequences, and I had brushed it off as nothing. As though being stuck with a human girl for the rest of my entire life was nothing!!!
I was such an idiot!! I destroyed my whole life on my own free will! I gave up the rest of my remaining freedom for a single, human girls, life!

"Uh, Hiei, are you ok?" Yusuke asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"He's probably just tired, Yusuke, we should probably just leave him to himself." Yukina suggested, luckily.

"Whatever." Yusuke replied.

I then handed over Kagome to the fox, and was about to leave when Koenma suggested that I stay at the foxes house, along with Kagome, for a few days, seeing as to how she had been through so much, and that I was the only one that she knew.

-AT KURAMA'S HOUSE-

When we got to the foxes house, Kagome began to stir, so the fox carried her to his couch and waited until she was awake.

When she awoke, she immediately began asking me questions "Hiei! Where are we? What time period? Why aren't I dead? How did we get here? Who is he? Where is Kikyo and the others?" She asked.

"Hn. We are at my friends house, in your original time period, because I saved you, through a portal, my friend, Kurama, this is his house, in their time period, I guess." I answered.

"It is nice to meet you, Kagome." Kurama said, as he held out his hand to help her off of the couch.

"It's nice to meet you too, Kurama." She replied, accepting his hand.

She then turned to him and said,"Thank you so much for saving me, Hiei." She said, smiling her beautiful smile at him.

"Hn. I was merely doing my job." He replied to her.

"Well now that we all know eachother, let's go out to eat." The fox suggested. And with that, we were all going outside for something to eat.

-KURAMA'S POV-

After driving around for a half-hour, we all agreed on eating at a nice, Chinese restaraunt, that wasn't too expensive, and wasn't that crowded.

Once inside and seated, a waitress with short dark brown hair came over to us. "What would you-Oh my gosh! K-Kagome?! What are you doing here? What have you been up to?! I haven't seen you in like 10 months! And your with THE Shuichi Minamino!! Not to mention that other REALLY hot boy on your other side! He may be a bit short, but you aren't really that tall either Kagome! What happened to Hojo?!"She somehow managed to say in one breath.

"H-hi Yuka, I was uh- I was visiting my grandma, I didn't tell you cuz' It was even a surprise to me and my grandma doesn't have a phone. What do you mean "THE Shuichi Minamino"? And Hiei isn't that short, in my opinion. Also Hojo and I were never together. I had been trying to tell you that for months, but you wouldn't listen." Kagome replied, somehow not seeming that happy about seeing this "Yuka" girl.

"Your grandma NEEDS to get a phone. "Hiei" is to short, Hojo and you were so obviously together, don't deny it, and THE Shuichi Minamino is right next to you, he's famous, everbody knows him, he even has a fan club! And guess what?!Ayum, Eri and I are all members!! You should totally join too!!!" Yuka cried out.

"Uh, no thanks." Kagome said, with about 5 sweat drops on her head. "Can we order, please?"

"Okie-dokie! What would you like?!" Yuka replied, quite hyperly.

"Umm, some sweet and sour shrimp, fried rice, white rice, hot and sour soup, beef and broccili, and three orange sodas, please." Kagome recited what we had all agreed on.

"Ooooooooooookkkkkkkkk!!! Coming right up!" The waitress said and then ran off to her next table.

"Friend of yours?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess, but I'm not exactly sure why I am friends with her, Ayumi, or Eri. They are all quite annoying in my opinion. But I didn't feel that way before the fuedal era, back then I was just like them, I bet. And they're all still the same. They have yet to change." She replied.

"I see." I said.

"She IS annoying." Hiei commented, glaring at her back.

After we ate, we went back to my house for some sleep, that Hiei and Kagome really needed.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

HOW WAS IT? PLEASE REVIEW! FLAMES ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED! FINALLY KAGOMES MODERN ERA FRIENDS ENTER!(OR ERI DID ANYWAY.) WHAT DID YOU THINK OF HER? SHOULD SHE AND THE REST OF THEM COME BACK INTO THE STORY? IF SO PLEASE TELL ME SO IN A REVIEW! SEEYA!

-AlwaysHiei