Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 8

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-YUSUKE'S POV-

As I shook hands with Kagome, I felt a lot of spiritual power within her. Maybe even more than I myself had, but I could also tell that she hardly had any control over it, and probably could only do a few things with it all.

I also noticed just how pretty she really was, although I could see some bags under her eyes, 'Probably from stress.'

When we stopped shaking hands, Kuwabara immediately kneeled before her and cried "I love you! Would you be my girlfriend?!" and almost immediately afterwards was knocked out by Hiei, while Kagome and I just got about five sweatdrops on our heads.

"Just ignore him, he asks every pretty girl he meets the same thing, even though he proclaims he's in love with Yukina, right after asking some girl out right in front of her right in front of her. Any normal girl would probably punch him for doing so, but then again Yukina is way too nice to do that." I explained to her.

"I see. Hm, yeah you're right, Yukina is too nice to do something like that." She said.

"You've met Yukina already?" I asked.

"Yes, I just got back from doing so. Hiei, Kurama, Yukina and I went out to dinner. Kurama is dropping her off at 'Genkai's' as we speak." She explained.

"WHAT?! You went out to dinner and didn't invite me and the rest of the gang?! How rude!" I joked.

"Don't complain Yusuke, you are going out for ice cream with Keiko (Since you were late for your date with her yesterday.) and you didn't invite the rest of us! Speaking of which, you're already 25 minutes late and even with your speed, it will take you at least 20 minutes to get there, and didn't you say that Keiko warned you to not be late tonight, or else?" Kuwabara said, after becoming concious again.

"Oh crap!!! You're right! And I don't have an excuse that she will believe! Unless... you three come with me on my date so you can one: Tell her that I'm late because I was talking to you three, and two: Kagome be friends with Keiko, which will probably make her happy cuz it usually does when she makes new friends, well as long as they're nice that is. So will you come? Please?" I pleaded with them.

" Well... It's not like we spent 25 minutes of your time, you did that yourself so it really is your own fault, but since I just met you and since I like ice cream I guess I'll go, as long as YOU pay. What about you, Hiei, Kuwabara?" Kagome agreed.

" Only if the detective pays, and I get whatever I want." Hiei replied.

"Sure! If Yusuke has to pay!" Kuwabara responded.

"Thanks a lot guys." I said grumpily, not eager to pay for the three of them plus Keiko and I.

"That's what friends are for!" Kagome said hyperly, apparently excited over getting free ice cream.

"Let's go!"Kuwabara said.

-AT THE ICE CREAM PARLOR;KEIKO'S POV-

"Darn it! Where the heck is he?! I warned not to be late again! Don't tell me he's on ANOTHER mission!" Keiko mumble, seething, earning her quite a few stares from nearby customers. One little boy said "Momma! What's wrong with her?! She's scary!" "Don't worry son, Just ignore her, she's one of those delinquent teenagers. Never be like her." His mother warned warned him, all the whil glaring at Keiko.

'Grrr, Yusuke! Because of you everyone thinks I'M a delinquent, like you! You jerk! You better get your butt over here RIGHT now, Yusuke Urameshi!'I continued on with my thoughts until Yusuke came in panting, about 45 minutes late, along with Hiei, Kuwabara and who I assumed to 'Kagome'. The only one not panting was Hiei. By this time the parlor was practically empty, with the exception of the ice cream server, Keiko, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei and Kagome.

"Hey Keiko! Sorry I'm late I was--" I cut him off with:"Yusuke! You jerk! You promised to be here ON time, and I even warned you to be here! I've been waiting for 45 MINUTES!"I continued on with my rantings, and by this time Yusuke was backed up into a coner, and everyone else had at least 10 sweatdrops on their heads.

"Oi, Keiko! Just let me explain!" Yusuke pleaded.

"THEN EXPLAIN!"I screamed at him.

"I'm late because I kept running into people who I knew and I thought it proper to greet them, and then I ran into Hiei and Kagome and invited them and Kuwabara to come along, so you could meet Kagome!" He cried.

"I'll let it go for now Yusuke, but ONLY because I get to meet Kagome! But next time you had BETTER not be late! Do you hear me?!" I said.

"Y-yes ma'am." He answered.

"I-It's nice to meet you, I'm Kagome Higurashi!" the girl who came in with Yusuke said holding out her hand to me.

"Huh? Oh, it is nice to meet you too! I'm Keiko Yukimura." I said, accepting her hand and shaking it.

"Well then, let's hurry up and order I'm hungry! It's Yusukes treat!" Kuwabara yelled while running over to the cash register and ordering what he wanted, followed quickly by everyone else.

After we had all eaten, Yusuke and I said our goodbyes to Kagome and Hiei who were going to Kurama's, and then to Kuwabara.

"Well what do you think of Kagome?" Yusuke asked.

"I like her. I hope we can become good friends. I'd like that. She's very nice." I replied.

And with that Yusuke and I walked to my house (He was dropping me off) hand in hand.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

HOW WAS IT? SHOULD I CONTINUE THE STORY? PLEASE, PLEASE REVIEW! I WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!FLAMES ARE, OF COURSE, WELCOMED AS ALWAYS! SEEYA!-Alwayshiei