Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Invaded ❯ How the Hell did we get into this?!! ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey Here's the re-write for the Prologue hope you enjoy. The re-write for Ch 1 will be next
 
 
Disclaimer- I own NOTHING, except of course for my original characters and an ungodly amount of weaponry. I want to thank Koko-chan and the Blue Spanch for writing the Harlequin series and inspiring me to do this.
 
Prologue
 
 
Makiko sat in her room propped up in her bean bag chair, munching popcorn and quietly re-watching her `Ronin Warriors' DVDs, God how she loved her Ronin Warriors, especially Ryo, mmmmm…Ryo. It was later on in the series and the Ronins were kicking some major Nether World ass. Suddenly a large red demonic looking creature popped into the battle scene and demolished the large army of Nether soldiers in front of a very startled group of Ronins and Warlords, then it/he/she popped right back out of the scene, without so much as a `howdy do'. Makiko frowned, she didn't remember that part of the series. The Ronins and Warlords were now standing in shock, staring at where the creature had popped in and out of existence. Makiko sat up straight, brushing her long platinum-blond hair out of her violet eyes, and stared at the screen. She was positive this wasn't part of the series, so just what the hell was going on? As if in answer to her questions the phone started ringing, Makiko turned off her TV and went to answer it. Ellie was on the other end.
 
“Maki, Maki, Maki, Maki.” The sugar fiend chanted on the other end. Makiko sighed, talking to Ellie always gave her a headache.
 
“What is it Ellie?”
 
“Lord Diablo just ate Menchi!” Ellie exclaimed. Makiko was silent for a moment as she let the stupidity of that statement sink in.
 
“Care to explain?” She then asked.
 
“Well, I was watching Excel Saga, my favorite episode, you know, the one with all the rain and Excel has to deliver papers on her bike. She should have probably have tried using a boat since it was raining so hard. I mean she was practically swimming anyway, I…”
 
“Ellie! Just get to the point!” Makiko yelled
 
“Ok, anyway it was just to the part when Menchi jumped into the water and was swimming away and the rainbow and little cherub thingies were floating above her head, I never got that part. Why the rainbow and cherub thingies? I mean…”
 
“Ellie!” Makiko growled.
 
“Right, anyway Menchi was swimming along and all of the sudden this big red demon guy popped into the scene and ate Menchi right in front of Excel, and then Excel tried to shove her bike up his nose but he popped out again before she could wedge it in all the way. I don't remember that as being part of the series, and I've watched it straight through at least 10 times already.” Ellie gasped, she had said all that in one breath. Makiko frowned, that sounded similar to what happened with her Ronin Warriors.
 
“Ellie,” Makiko said into the phone, “Ellie.” Makiko said again as she realized her sugar-loaded friend was too busy jumping up and down on something that sounded suspiciously like her younger sister's talking Barney doll. Ellie stopped and Makiko could hear one last `I love you' coming from the annoying stuffed atrocity.
 
“Yes Maki-maki?”
 
“Was this guy tall, red, with curling goat horns, big bat wings, a long tail and black leather hot pants?”
 
“Yep, uh-huh, that's the guy. Poor Menchi, what's Excel gonna eat now?” Makiko sighed.
 
“Ellie call up the others and tell them I've called an emergency meeting at Kevin's house.”
 
“Poo, why Kevin's house? Why not at mine?”
 
“Because, you fuzz-brained tornado fart, Kevin's basement/room is big enough for everyone, isn't filled with weapons like mine, and doesn't have sugar stashes hidden all over the place like yours.” Makiko hung up the phone and started to get ready. She found one of her shoes underneath her pile of practice weapons; the other one was perched on top of her Yari. She looked around at the clutter of weapons both wooden practice ones and real battle ready ones. She really needed to organize her room, and find some way to keep her weapons neat. Last time there was a meeting here, Brianna almost beheaded Ellie with a Lochbar Axe. It had taken four of them to wrestle the weapon out of the crazed berserker's hands. Grabbing her bag she was about to race up the stairs and out the door when she paused and turned around. Ellie had sounded even more hyper than usual, if that was even possible, and it would probably take an act of God to get her to sit still. Oh well, in the absence of God, Duct tape would have to do. She grabbed a couple of rolls and slipped them into her bag. Now she was ready.
On the way to Kevin's house she met up with Sara, Maggie, Brianna and Ellie.
 
“So what's this all about?” Brianna asked flipping her wild shoulder length red hair back. “I was watching `King of Fighters', Iori was kicking some serious ass.”
 
“Do you ever watch anything besides fighter anime?” Sara asked exasperatedly, tucking her sandy blond hair behind her ear. Brianna grinned, showing off her fangs, her amber eyes glinted in amusement.
 
“Fighting is what I live for doc.”
 
“Then why does Makiko always beat you?” Maggie asked, absently adjusting the pair of goggles resting comfortably on the top of her head. Brianna scowled and opened her mouth for a swift retort, but was interrupted by Makiko.
 
“Enough! Now is not the time for this! We need to get going.” She held her arms outward, effectively placing a barrier between the two girls.
 
“You still haven't answered my question. What is this all about Avalon?” Brianna questioned
 
“I'll explain when we get to Kevin's house.” Makiko said firmly.
The group continued to walk through the quiet suburban neighborhood until they reached Kevin's house. Kevin was a pervert, somewhere between Miroku from Inu Yasha and Keitaro from Love Hina. He was always getting into trouble one way or the other, and it was absolutely hilarious to watch him squirm his way out. However, he was an absolute wellspring of useless information, and a 12 year stint in boy-scouts had given him a wide range of skills. Skirting the front door, they went to the back and knocked on the door leading directly to the basement. Kevin answered the door holding a bunch of bloody tissues to his nose. Sara stared at him suspiciously her brown eyes reproachful.
 
“Were you watching Sailor Moon again?” She asked. When Kevin nodded Sara gave an exasperated sigh. “Why do you do that? You know the transformation scenes give you nose bleeds.” Maggie snickered and slid past Kevin, flopping down on the couch.
 
“Crimson waterfall!!!(1)” Ellie sang out before launching herself onto the couch. Maggie rolled off just in time to avoid getting squished by the Sugar Freak; unfortunately one of her long black braids was caught underneath the vibrating teen, and she was hard pressed to get it back. Kevin took the wad of tissues off his nose and grimaced at Sara.
 
“I was fine until that red guy showed up and ripped the bows off their tops.” Makiko raised an eyebrow and frowned, `déjà vu' she thought.
 
“I don't remember that being in the series.” Maggie said tugging her long braid free and picking herself off the ground, “If it was, there would be a lot more perverts in need of transfusions.”
 
“It's not!” Kevin wailed, “He totally ruined the whole episode!” Sara `tut-ted' and had Kevin sit down and pinch the bridge of his nose to stop the bleeding.
 
“Sounds familiar.” Makiko said, “Something similar happened with my Ronin Warriors, and Ellie's Excel Saga.”
 
“Lord Diablo ate Menchi!!!” Ellie chanted from the sofa, bouncing on the cushions and tying multi-colored ribbons in her short, spiky purple hair. Makiko frowned at Ellie, then decided to ignore the Wired weirdo as she tried to walk up the wall.
 
“Now that you mention it, there was some weird red guy at the tournament on my King of Fighters tape,” Brianna said, “He wasn't fighting so I ignored him.”
 
“You would, you homicidal maniac.” Maggie mumbled under her breath.
 
“Shut up.” Brianna retorted.
 
“I was reading Manga, and everything was as it should be in the Dragon Knights world.” Sara said cutting in before the two could really get at it. She dropped down into a beanbag and let out a long sigh. It seemed as if she was always breaking those two up. Everyone turned to look at Maggie.
 
“Tch, I was working on my latest invention. See!” Maggie exclaimed showing them her heavily bandaged fingers. “If I get this one perfected then I will never have to worry about traffic again.
 
“You're not going to blow up cars again, are you?” Sara asked worriedly, remembering the last time Maggie tried to solve the traffic problem.
 
“No, that leaves too much evidence behind. I'm working on personal wings.”
 
“Anyway.” Makiko interrupted, “About the problem at hand. Any suggestions?”
 
“Perhaps we should try putting something else in and see if he shows up.” Sara suggested. Makiko nodded her agreement and Kevin popped in a DBZ DVD. It was part of the Buu saga, and Buu was currently beating the crap out of Gohan. Dende, Hercule, and Bee were hiding behind some rocks.
 
“So far so good, no strange red guy.” Kevin stated from the floor. He turned to look at the others “Maybe it was some weird mass hallucination.”
 
“I believe you spoke too soon” Makiko said calmly, her eyes still on the screen. Buu was standing; looking down at a badly beaten Gohan. Suddenly a random stream of water started splashing on Buu's head.
 
“Wait a minute, that's not water!” Maggie suddenly exclaimed and in truth it wasn't.
 
“Buu is a pee-pee head!” Ellie started chanting and poinging around the room. The others stared in shock as the red guy came into view, floating in mid air and relieving himself on Buu's head. Maggie smirked and muttered something about wishing she had thought of it, Brianna started laughing hysterically, and Sara tried to keep from joining her but failed miserably. Kevin was frowning, two of his favorite series had been ruined by this guy. Just who was he? Makiko stared at the television set, trying to use all the calming techniques she had learned as a martial artist, just so she wouldn't ram her foot into the screen out of sheer frustration. What in the name of the seventeen spam-flavored hells was going on? They continued to watch as Buu, being the genius he is looked up to see where the strange liquid was coming from and got a mouthful of Demon piss. Mr. Red, who was now done, zipped up his black hot pants and popped out of the scene.
 
“Tinkle tinkle little demon, how I love where you're streamin'.” Ellie gargled from her perch on the fan. Makiko rubbed her temples. This was gonna be one of those days.
 
“That guy is ruining all our anime!!” Kevin wailed.
 
“Oh, I don't know, I kinda liked that last little stunt he just pulled.” Brianna said, a large grin on her face. Sara, who had finally started to calm down, burst out laughing again. Kevin was growling.
 
“It's not funny, DBZ was one of my favorite series and this guy ruined it!” Brianna, Maggie and Sara fell to the ground clutching their stomachs and rolling around. Makiko sighed and reached into her bag, pulling out a roll of duct tape she handed it to Kevin. Kevin accepted it gratefully and started towards the girls menacingly. Just then a large flash of light appeared in the room and everyone shut their eyes as a blast brighter than Tien's `Solar flare' burst into the room. Ellie fell from her perch on the fan, directly onto a gasping Brianna.
 
“Ooooo, spots and colors! Preeeetty.” Ellie cooed, her green eyes glazed over.
 
“Oh, for Zwon's sake,” A strange voice said, “Of all the crazy otakus in the world, they had to go and choose this bunch.”
Makiko shook her head as her vision cleared. Then crouched down into a fighting stance as she caught sight of a strange woman standing in the middle of the room. “ Oh do sit down,” she said exasperated “I'm not here to hurt you.” When Makiko did not get out of her fighting crouch, the woman sighed, rolled her eyes and made a gesture with her hand. The next thing Makiko knew, everyone was sitting together on the couch and Ellie was actually sober. Makiko blinked in shock and took a long look at the woman. She looked to be around 23 or 24, with light blue hair down to her back and purple highlights. She was wearing what seemed to be traditional Zen Buddhist robes and was carrying a staff similar to Miroku's from Inu Yasha. All in all she looked like some freaky anime character, Makiko decided she liked her, and calmed down a bit.
 
“Now that we have that out of the way let's get down to business, shall we?” She sat down on what seemed to be thin air and crossed her legs. Then she crossed her arms holding her staff across her body. “Now where to begin, let's see…” She mumbled, “I suppose you've all noticed the extra character that's been popping up in your anime series?” At everyone's nod she continued “Well to put it mildly, he's an evil Demon lord who's hell bent on destroying every realm of existence and rebuilding everything in his own image.” She paused a moment to let this information sink in.
 
“That wasn't very mild” Maggie said rudely, “In fact, that was very blunt.” The strange woman glared at her for a moment then continued.
 
“Now obviously he must be stopped, and that's where you come in.”
 
“Now hold on a minute here,” Brianna suddenly exclaimed leaping up from the couch “What do you mean, `that's where you come in'? Just who the hell are you? Why exactly are you here? Who sent you? Just who the hell is mister hotpants? And why the hell do you need us?” The strange woman frowned at Brianna and took a deep breath.
“To answer your questions, I am Biju, a mature draconi of the free roamers creed. I am here at the request of my elders to recruit your help in defeating the entity you call `mister hotpants'. Whose real name by the way, is Melvin.” Biju paused to catch her breath.
 
“MELVIN!?” Everyone exclaimed
 
“Your telling us that this evil demon lord guy, the one who wants to destroy the universe as we know it, is called MELVIN!?” Brianna exclaimed, “What the hell kinda messed up place is he from?” she ranted. Biju gestured with her staff and suddenly Brianna was unable to talk.
 
“To answer your other question, we need your help because you are the only ones who can.”
 
“Explain” Makiko said.
 
“The only way to defeat Melvin…”
Maggie snorted
“…Is to collect the lost treasures of Rool (2) and use them to contain him in the temple of lost magic.”
“Uh huh, so why us?” Sara asked still skeptical.
 
“The lost treasures of Rool are scattered across countless anime universes. So we__” Biju was cut off by Kevin.
 
“Why are they only scattered in anime universes?”
 
“Because they are the only ones that can still support them. The lost treasures of Rool require a lot of magic to sustain them, and the anime worlds are the only ones that still have the needed amount of spiritual aura.”
 
“That still doesn't explain why you need us.” Maggie asked.
 
“We need people who are familiar with all the anime worlds. Thus we need Otakus. You were chosen, because you all seem to be very close friends and so far you are the only one's to notice Melvin's ummm…. interference in the anime worlds. Also…” Biju continued pointing towards Makiko. “The Great Elder wanted to take advantage of your fighting skills,” She pointed at Maggie, “Your computer and mechanical skills” She turned to Ellie “Your errr… energy,” Kevin was next “Your navigational and tracking skills,” Sara looked up, “Your cool and level head as well as your healing abilities,” Biju then turned to face Brianna, “Your physical strength and your ummmm…”
“Insane need to piss people off?” Makiko offered. Biju nodded.
 
“As I was saying, you have been chosen to collect the lost treasures in order to save the world. Do you accept?” Biju asked her eyes imploring.
 
“Just a sec, I have several questions.” Makiko stated rising off the couch and starting to pace, she did her best thinking while pacing. “How are we supposed to jump from world to world? And once we get there how are we supposed to find these `lost treasures'? How long is this going to take, school starts in a couple of weeks. And what are we gonna do for protection? Some of these worlds are dangerous you know. What are we supposed to do about food and clothing? We aren't actually anime characters you know, we have needs.”
Makiko looked up from her pacing to see a smiling Biju.
 
“Your questions are very good young lady, and I have answers to all of them. To answer your first questions I have these.” Biju pulled out a rolled up scroll and a strange blue amulet on a string. “The scroll is a map that tells where each jump point to the next world is, the amulet is the magical compass that will lead you to where the treasures are. This will also allow you to jump from universe to universe. The jump points will not work if you don't have the compass.” She handed the map to Kevin “You will be the navigator, the map will change in every world to show you where the next jump point is.” She then handed the amulet to Makiko, “You will be the leader and in charge of collecting the treasures. Guard this compass with your life for many agents of evil will try to steal this from you in order to take the treasures for themselves.” Makiko swallowed then nodded placing the amulet around her neck and tucking it into her shirt. “As for your other concerns you need not worry about time, for it will be as if no time has passed in your world. As to protection at first you will have to depend on your own power but with each treasure you collect you will gain a magical or physical ability.”
 
“SWEEET!!!!!!!” Ellie exclaimed, “We get powers!! I'm sold!”
Biju raised her eyebrow then continued.
 
“As for clothes and your other needs I have been instructed to give you all a form of hammerspace.”
 
“Hammerspace?” Kevin asked
 
“You know when those anime girls pull huge mallets out of nowhere?” Sara asked. Kevin nodded, “That's hammerspace”
 
“She's basically saying we can carry everything we need in a magical place behind our heads.” Brianna said excitedly. “I'm sold too. When do we start?”
 
“I will give you two hours to pack and get ready,” Biju said
 
“Please meet back here at the end of that time, and I will take you to the first jump point.” Biju then began to chant something and her staff started to glow. Makiko felt some weird tingly sensation behind her neck. Biju stopped her chanting and smiled “See you in two hours!” Then with another burst of energy she was gone.
 
As soon as her vision cleared Makiko looked around. Ellie was upside down on the spinney chair, Kevin was sprawled on the floor and Sara, Maggie and Brianna were clumped together on the couch.
 
“Ow! My head” Ellie groaned, then she sat up and looked around. “Was that a dream or did that really happen?”
Makiko pulled the amulet out of her shirt and shook her head.
 
“Nope, sorry Ellie it was real.” She showed her the amulet.
 
“Yep and I've still got the map thingy,” Kevin said waving the scroll around from the floor. Brianna got up and walked over to where the beanbags were. Staring at one for a while she picked it up and tucked behind her head. It disappeared as if it was never there. Brianna smiled, and then reached behind her head again and pulled out the beanbag.
 
“I think I'm gonna go home and pack.” Sara said grinning madly. Maggie was already out the door laughing maniacally as she ran wildly down the street, scaring the neighbor's dog in the process.
Makiko smiled widely, this was gonna be sooooo cool. She rushed home like a cheetah on crack and burst into her room. What to pack, what to pack? First things first she needed to change, the tank top and shorts ensemble wasn't exactly the best thing to wear for world hopping. Something more durable would be good, yeah that would be a good idea. She changed into a pair of sturdy skintight black cotton pants and tucked them into her favorite pair of soft black boots that were specially designed to hold Sai's. A long sleeved white button up top, and a black leather bodice went on next. She pulled on black leather biker gloves then turned to face the mirror. She frowned something needed to be done about her hair. Her waist length blond hair had been done up in odangos, her not so subtle tribute to Sailor Moon. But that style would only get in the way if she needed to fight. Usagi might be able to fight with this ridiculous hairstyle but she wouldn't. Taking out the buns she braided her hair into a sort of crown around her head, effectively getting it out of her way. Next came the weapons, as she said earlier some of the anime universes were quite dangerous and she didn't want to be caught without some means of defense, slipping her favorite pair of Sai's into her boots she looked over her supply of swords. A katana, definitely, she was better trained in their use anyway. Now lets see should I wear it across the back or on my hip. Hip for now and if that doesn't work out I'll just switch it to my back later. Buckling on her silver dragon katana, she decided to add a few other goodies to her belt. She clipped on a pouch of throwing stars and a couple of small throwing knives, the mini folding crossbow her uncle had gotten her for her birthday soon followed, pausing for a second she added a whip to her belt on the opposite side of her sword. Now to pack everything else. First she packed her clothes, emptying out her closets and drawers. Hell, if you have unlimited space might as well use it. As an after thought she stuffed in every pair of shoes she owned. Now for the weapons. She stuck in all her swords; katanas, straight swords, claymores, sabers, foils, broad swords, scimitars, every blade known to exist to man went into that little space behind her head. Next, the staff weapons followed by the bows and arrows. She had a tough time maneuvering her long bow into the area as it was nearly as tall as she was but she finally managed. Next she put in the rest of her throwing stars and knives into her hammerspace. She looked around for a moment then decided to put in some of her wooden practice weapons, God knows the others would need something to beat the bad guys with. She couldn't protect everybody. And it would be a hot day in Antarctica before she gave Ellie something with an edge. With that done she looked around to see if she needed anything else. She stuck in several blankets and sleeping bags in case they had to sleep outside, non-perishable food items, toiletry needs, medicine, band-aids, and tons of other stuff found their way into her special little spot behind her neck. Makiko frowned, she still had an hour left, she spent the remainder of her time wandering around her room stuffing random things into her hammerspace. Finally her time was up! Makiko raced out of the house and jet streamed it to Kevin's house. The others were already there; all had changed into more travel suitable clothing and were grinning excitedly. Ellie had gotten her sugar rush back and was currently jumping from chair to chair. Makiko checked her watch, Biju would be here any moment. She pulled out a pair of sunglasses and put them on.
 
“Cool shades Makiko, but why wear them inside?” Sara asked
 
“She's trying to complete the bad girl outfit she's got on.” Brianna snickered. Makiko smirked and was about to give a smart-ass response, but a blinding flash of light flooded the room and everyone (except Makiko) cried out in surprise.
 
“Hi Biju.” Makiko said removing her sunglasses and putting them back in her hammer-space. Everyone else was to busy rubbing their eyes, trying futilely to re-gain their sight. When the others had finally gotten themselves together, they saw an amused Biju and a smugly smiling Makiko.
 
“Eat Spam and barf, Rabbit!” Brianna grumbled. Makiko frowned, Gods she hated that nickname. Just because she resembled Usagi slightly was no reason to call her Rabbit. She started to reach behind her for the duct tape she had tucked behind her ear (3), but was stopped by Biju.
 
“We do not have time for this. Let's go.” Makiko nodded and lowered her hand, she would get Brianna later, later was good. Biju raised her staff and brought it down. Suddenly they were standing in a quiet forest bordered by a lake.
 
“Hey this sort of looks like Mia's backyard from Ronin Warriors.” Maggie said looking around.
 
“Well according to this that's the first place we'll be going.” Kevin said staring at the map in his hand.
 
“You are correct. The first treasure will be found in the Ronin
Universe. Good luck!” Biju said, then disappeared. Kevin was staring at the map and mumbling.
 
“According to this the first jump point is over there.” He said pointing to a large boulder poking out of the ground. Everyone stared at each other until Makiko finally spoke up.
 
“Well, nothing ever got accomplished by just sitting around.” She proceeded to troop over to the boulder, the others following close behind. Makiko stopped suddenly and the others rammed into her from behind. Glaring at them over her shoulder she pointed to a patch of space in front of her that seemed to shimmer and dance in the still air.
 
“I think I've found it.” She stated simply. The others stared at it warily.
 
“Maybe we should hold hands and jump in together?” Sara suggested. The others followed her suggestion and gripped each other's hands, staring at the jump point warily.
 
“Onward to adventure!” Ellie suddenly yelled. Everyone paused a moment, if it was possible in this world they probably would have sweat dropped. The silence was quickly broken.
 
“I'll never let go Jack.” Maggie mocked sappily
 
“Shut up Maggie.” Makiko grumbled exasperated.
Everyone took a deep breath and jumped.
 
End Prologue
 
Well, like it? Hate it? Should I continue? Please review, or e-mail me at SerenityCelest@aol.com, and tell me what you think. I won't continue unless I get at least five reviews. Ja ne.
 
Serenity
 
 
(1)One of my beta readers asked me why I used this particular phrase, and I responded that the term `crimson tide' was already taken, by another bodily function.
 
(2)A cameo to whoever can guess what series I stole that from.
 
(3)Oh come on, no crazy anime adventure would be complete without duct tape.