Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A bandit's ways ❯ Secret's Revealed ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A bandit's ways…

Disclaimer: Why do I even bother? Come on people! You know the drill!

(A/N: Yay! New chapter! Okay here are some announcements IT'S IMPORTANT YOU READ THEM!!!:

- - > people I'm still waiting for suggestions for Rukawa abilities! Please?

- - > I have a new fanfic up called "When Good Boys go bad", check it out and don't forget the nice thing to do is to review (go to my profile)!

- - > I have a story and a poem up in fictionpress.com and my URL is in my profile, pls. read it.

- - > I drew a picture of Maya and it's up in mediaminer.org and if you want to see how she looks like go to my profile and remember to review or at least give me some suggestions on how to improve my style, and if somehow you can't see it email me or put your email add in your review and ask for the pic… I'll be glad to send it to you.

- - > The Bandit's Touya is a different Touya from the Touya who controls ice, you might get confused. The Bandits group is kinda like the Spider although they are not as famous and feared as the Spider (from HxH) even though they are stronger.

- - > story's being a bit slow… stupid plot building strategy!!! This took a lot of time because of dial-up problems. Grrr…

Jap. Translations (do I still need to do this?):

baka kistune= stupid fox

Touya= peach blossom (I think)

::asdlfj:: = telepathy

Chapter 6. Secrets revealed…

"Maya!"

Maya stopped in her tracks. That voice - "Kaede?"

Even Hiei stopped and looked at them with curiousity. Kurama cleared his throat. "You know each other?"

"Aa"

"So I guess I don't get to kill him baka kitsune?" Hiei asked flatly.

Kurama nodded. "Put your katana away"

Pretending not to hear what the redhead said he turned to Maya. "So your name is Maya?" he confirmed.

Maya nodded. Hiei noticed Maya was clearly enjoying the boy's discomfort so he held the katana closer to the throat. "So what do I do with him?"

Maya raised a slender eyebrow and pretended to think in mock concentration. "Let's see…" Then sighing she finished in a bored voice. "Don't kill him yet, I still have to talk to him…"

::Hiei didn't I tell you to put the katana away?::

::Your sister seemed to enjoy it… besides she said yet::

Maya gave her brother a pointed look and the two youkais left the two alone to deal with their business privately. As soon as they left Maya gave Rukawa a venomous glare.

Rukawa stood up and calmly brushed his clothes. "I take you're still mad?"

"Gee, I wonder why?" Maya's answer was heavy with sarcasm as she transformed from her Youko form to human form. She brushed her dark brown tresses away from her eyes. "The only reason I stopped Hiei from killing you is because I wanted to do that for myself," she continued with great animosity. She dropped to a fight stance and moved to take a blow at Rukawa's throat using her unnaturally sharp fingers (does claws ring a bell?). She stopped, sharp claws a mere inch away from gouging his throat, surprised Rukawa didn't even made a move to defend himself. She retracted her claws and bit her lip slightly confused. Instead she settled for slapping Rukawa good and hard across his cheeks.

Rukawa stared at Maya, stunned. "I thought you wanted to kill me?" Not that he wasn't pleased Maya wasn't going to kill him, he was DEFINITELY pleased she spared him. Damn… that woman can be sadist when she wanted to.

Unfortunately he earned another slap. An amusing thought filled his mind, great new assassination technique. Headlines: Shohoku Super Rookie shows up dead, only evidences are a couple of red handprints in his cheek. He felt his facial muscles twitch, and accidentally grinned. Okay so it was a very, very, very, tiny, tiny grin, not even accounted as a smile but hey! He grinned didn't he? Which earned him another slap.

Maya trembled. All sorts of feelings and emotions were creating an inner turmoil in her. Part of her wanted to kill him, just kill the bastard and be over with it, show no mercy but - part of her wanted to - - she stopped confused at her thoughts. Not knowing what to do she slapped Rukawa again. Suddenly I'm feeling sorry for the super rookie… oh well it's part of the job.

Rukawa winced at the sting of his 4th slap as he cursed his bad luck for being chosen as the leading character by the fanfic author. For security reasons I have refrained from telling him my name… if I told him my name blood will spill (my blood…) But suddenly he was perplexed, did he just saw a lone tear making its way down her face? Not using his common sense he asked her what's wrong.

That was when the dam broke.

"What's wrong?!? You're asking me what's wrong?!? Why don't you look at a F****** mirror and see what's wrong?!" she started shouting.

"YOU!!! I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU!!! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO STARTED THE BANDITS WHY WOULD YOU LET IT FALL!? WHY DID YOU F****** SELL US OUT?? THEN YOU JUST FREAKING LEAVE US JUST LIKE THAT??! NO WORD AND ALL!! SEVENTEEN YEARS KAEDE! SEVENTEEN FREAKING YEARS!!! I THOUGHT WE WERE YOUR FAMILY! WHY DID YOU LEAVE US?! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME!!!" she continued screaming hysterically

"WHY CAN'T I JUST KILL YOU NOW AND BE F***** OVER WITH IT RIGHT NOW? WHY - " she stopped as she felt Rukawa's lips take over hers. A soft kiss, gentle, loving, perpetually confusing her. Kaede? As he pulled back all Maya could do was look into his deep azure eyes.

Rukawa pulled away. His face with a deadpan expression as always. Maya's face was an unreadable mask too. Maya… he was always intrigued about her, how she always seemed to keep a facade luring people to think of her as someone harmless, gullible, and childish. It was a great upper hand in Makai as no one knew what to expect from her. Both of them didn't like to expose who they really were except Maya was more complicated than Rukawa. Rukawa preferred acting cold, distant and aloof while Maya played the young and naïve part, to her everything valued to games… even stuff like death. He was one of the few who caught a glimpse of the real Maya… just a glimpse of the enigma.

Maya continued her intense gaze at Rukawa's cool blue eyes.

"Were you just trying to shut me up?" she asked. Pure and simple honesty. Yes, sometimes the blunt side of the sword actually hurts more.

"No" was the ice prince's answer. Well, he could be as straight forward as he wanted to be. "I didn't betray you. Touya did." Another fine example of bluntness.

Maya looked at him, a bit taken aback at his answers. "Explain. Both of them." Her voice had taken a serious turn, the maniacal, playful glint gone in her eyes, no more games for this fox. She needed answers now, she waited more than 17 years and a depraved Youko is never a good sign.

Rukawa sighed and motioned Maya to follow him in sitting on the sidewalk. Maya obeyed sitting down her shoulders hunched, fingers playfully getting tangled in her own hair. One of these days the hair twirling bit will stop. Yes… one of these days.

Rukawa opened his mouth to speak when -

"HEY YOU KIDS THERE! WHAT'S THE RACKET? CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TRYING TO SLEEP OVER HERE!"

Ah, the mysteries of bad timing. One of Kurama's neighbors has chosen this delicate moment to interrupt and complain about the ongoing level of noise pollution currently being the ones questionably suspects for the disturbance or the interference of the once tranquil and peaceful neighborhood ambience and her inability to sleep. Whew… note to self, never make sentences that are SO FAR OUT my IQ level (my brain hurts). The said intruder of the very - ah `private' moment if you call it, was now peering cautiously out her window.

Poor neighbor…

She found herself victim to a very murderous glare that plainly said `KILL' and another glare that seemed to drop the temperature level to sub-zero degrees. Brrr. Talk about - `this is a lesson I shall never forget'. Fearing her life (and maybe more) the insolent neighbor quickly closed her blinds muttering something about `insane asylums' and `how they can never keep their patients in'. Fortunately for ALL of us, the Neighbor is just an insignificant character the authoress has used to bring some randomness to her fic *ducks flying vegetables* and now to the `private-and-so-awaited-moment'.

Anytime now authoress or you'll highly understand the meaning of `looks -CAN-kill' and `unsatisfied-readers-bring-a-MAJOR-health-hazard-to-an-authoress'-health.'< /div>

*cough*deaththreath*cough*

"What exactly do you mean by Touya being the one who betrayed us?" Maya asked suspiciously. (see authoress? All it took was a little `motivation' for you to be back on track? Me: *shuddershudder*)

"Touya… he'd never do that right?" Maya's voice was obviously pained. They raised Touya as a baby and she even pretended he was family. Betrayal was not to be taken lightly although the Touya in question was already dead.

"He did," Rukawa said coldly remembering past memories. "He blackmailed me and framed me. I should have killed him before. But no! I was too kind!" He spat out the word as if it was something unpleasant. "It was all a ruse to him… he's dead anyway," he added quietly.

Maya had another thing in mind… the framing yes she understood that… all he had to do was steal Kaede's amulet and left it somewhere with a forged note because that was the sign of leaving the Bandits… but blackmail? "How did he blackmail you Kaede?" she asked softly.

"You."

Maya's eyes snapped open. "What?!?"

Rukawa smiled faintly (still a very, very, VERY faint smile). "Baka Maya…" he muttered softly. Of course she heard but gave no reaction. "Touya can control minds, even my mind…" should he continue? Yes… now was the time… "He can make me kill anyone important to me." He stopped hoping Maya got the hints already - and groaned, nope she didn't get it yet. "You're my weakness Maya…" He hated confrontations… especially this one, it was awkward.

"I… your weakness? But… why?"

Rukawa looked at her, drinking every flawless feature of her face. He gently held her chin angling it so that she faced him, "Aishiteru Maya…"

Maya, for the first time in her life was speechless but Rukawa understood everything. Her eyes said it all.

Rukawa pulled her closer. He was glad it was mutual. Gently caressing her silky hair he kissed her with love and passion. Maya responded wrapping her arms around his neck. Maya broke away first and whispered something in his ear. "Kaede… I'm sorry I doubted you… and what you did for me… thanks… it really means a lot to me and no one's - " she broke off and smiled with hints of tears glistening at her eyes. "Although you did left us for seventeen F****** years without writing or something what you did was incredibly sweet"

Rukawa rolled his eyes and kissed her again. This time Maya didn't pull away but she sent a telepathic message that made Rukawa smiled inwardly.

::I love you too Kaede… I always have loved you::

Yep… everything seemed perfect for our lovely couple. Unfortunately the two were too distracted to hear the `clicking noises' in the background…

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Enter Hikoichi Aida, Kanagawa's resident `inside source'. The makings of a true stalker…er… reporter. He was never without a trusty pen and notepad and by pure coincidence he happened to be carrying a camera with him today. Unfortunately he was also passing the neighborhood where our lovely couple are busy… busy making out (nothing too explicit people) and professing the undying love to each other (smirk - snicker - sneer). If course he didn't know that at that time.

He was crawling under the bushes (why? Don't ask me) hungry for a scoop (nope it's not ice cream) when he heard faint words… Aishiteru Maya… his ears twitched. Could it be? That voice? Could it be Shohoku's Super Rookie?!

He slightly crawled under the bushes obviously curious about what THE HELL was happening around here... maybe he was in an alternate universe he just didn't knew about. Then he was something that almost made him gasp but he quickly covered his mouth. He saw Kaede Rukawa… THE KAEDE RUKAWA kissing with an unknown brunette vixen. He had different urges at the same time. The first thing he wanted to was get back in the bushes and pretend he never saw anything, The second urge he had was to sing `Rukawa and someone sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G' but he obeyed his last urge - his reporter instinct, with trembling fingers he brought out his camera ad started taking pictures of the `very busy' couple.

He went out through the back alleys still a bit dazed at what he did… he looked at his camera… these pictures were worth gold… but what would he do with it anyway? He saw a one-hour developing center and decided to head there. He'd worry about the pictures tomorrow… maybe he'd show them to Ryonan and ask Sendoh what he should do with it…

(A/N: for some reason I kinda don't like this chapter very much… I'm just not satisfied I think. Anyway if you skipped the announcements above IT'S IMPORTANT YOU READ THEM OKAY?! I think I still need more practice on the romance part… anyways my Good Side is currently chasing my Romantic Side preparing to bludgeon her while my Evil Side is quietly drinking some tea while watching Britney Spears music videos… what's wrong with this picture?!

Romantic side: EEP!!! HALPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!

Good Side: DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Side: (sigh) so immature… (starts dancing to the tune of `Toxic') Pls. review everybody!!!