Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon A Fallen Star ❯ Awakening of an Old Foe ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 8: Awakening of an Old Foe

A white shadow sneaked through the darkness of Hang Neck Island where the Ankoku Butsukai, the Dark Tournament, took place every 50 years. The shadow seemed to be looking for something. Something priceless perhaps, or maybe something not so innocent. The shadow was none other than one Kazutaka Muraki. He walked over to a familiar form, held in a dead plant's grasp. Pulling the plant away, Muraki looked down on the beautiful form of Karasu. This was the very demon that Muraki had been looking for. Lifting the corpse from where it had been tossed so carelessly once he had been killed by the Youko human. He lifted him into the waiting helicopter which took them away, back to Muraki's mansion.

Upon arrival, Muraki whipped him straight into a room that he held for such occasions as resurrections. Used rarely in the past, Karasu was laid out on the table as Muraki checked him over for any other instances of the blood-sucking plant that Kurama had used to defeat Karasu in his bout of the final. The man before him had been attracted to Kurama, and he just hoped that he would be so again. The look on the Youko's face would be priceless. It had just been coincidence that both were connected to Kurama, but he had to admit that he liked the look of pain that had been shown, even slightly in the fine features of the child. Collecting the book that had allowed him to resurrect Kuronue. He cut his finger, and started scribing the dark curse on Karasu, wrapping the ancient Makai words around his form until they were complete. Then by pledging a portion of his soul to the revival of the dead man, he saw the chest rise and fall, heard the heart beginning to beat. This made Muraki laugh, and with the beating of the heart, alarm bells whined in the Spirit World and in the Hall of Candles.



(Spirit World)

"Hmmmm!" Exclaimed, a rather annoyed , Koenma. A second soul, this time Karasu, had somehow been released from its prison. The only way that this could be explained was by dark sorceries. But the book that contained the only spell to revive the dead, the Necromion, had been destroyed some time ago. Hadn't it? Was it possible for a copy to still exist? Was it possible that there was a secret group of necromancers living in Ningenkai? Yusuke and the other Reikai Tantei needed to be warned. Calling for Botan, Koenma remembered that the blue haired Spirit Guide was on holiday with her girlfriend. He then used the monitor to get in touch with one of her 'replacements' "Ah, Asato, an update. Another soul has escaped from its death. This one is far more dangerous than Kuronue. His name is Karasu. He can manipulate his aura to make bombs. Kurama and Karasu faced off against each other during the Dark Tournament some years back. I have no doubt that whoever brought back Kuronue also brought back Karasu. This is getting serious. We have reason to believe that this person could have the Necromion, or a copy of it." Tsuzuki gasped, he had heard about the Necromion, which was rather badly named. It was a volume containing black magic spells and such.

"I shall tell the others, Lord Koenma, never fear that. It wouldn't surprise me if Muraki has such a volume. He's a nasty piece of work that such a book fits him so well." Koenma closed the connection, leaving Tsuzuki to tell the others. "Guys, we have a major problem. Lord Koenma thinks that we have the Necromion to deal with too." The reaction was partly what he expected. Just without the dumb struck faces of Kuwabara and Yusuke. "Koenma thinks that Muraki has it, and that is how he is able to create such curses." There was still blank looks from Kuwabara and Yusuke.

"Imagine that you were my enemy, Yusuke." Hiei said with his cruelly luscious voice. "There are spells in there to twist your mind to make you my living servant. Ties in that book are often eternal, and keep you bound to me in life and in death." Yusuke gulped visibly. "There are curses in there that could cause you pain with a single word, or pleasurable agony. Ones that would ensnare every fibre of your being and give me total control of your senses. I could hear what you heard, I could see what you saw. I could even steal your memories. Once an innocent person is touched by a user of the book, they are never the same. The book was one of the few remnants of the Meikai left in Makai. It was known amongst demons as the Book of Horrors."

"Then it is agreed that when Kurama comes back and we have Hisoka and Kuronue cured that we move onto search and destroy Kazutaka Muraki." Yusuke said. "Then we find and destroy the book."

"Not so fast, hotshot. Muraki has a new playmate called Karasu. I doubt that he will leave the book unguarded either." Tsuzuki said.

"I know, that's why we need Kurama. He's one of the most intelligent people I know. If anyone can find a way to get to the book he can." Yusuke smirked "He is the demon thief Youko Kurama remember." He then felt a hand brush his thigh, and noticing the bandage he flushed bright red, he still hadn't thought about his situation with Hiei much, and he knew that it needed to be addressed soon. He would always be awkward around Hiei until it was, however being who he was, it was like a bad chore, something Yusuke wanted to put off. He made a promise to himself that the next day that he would have a talk with the frisky youkai and see what was wrong.