Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mission in America ❯ For Real ( Chapter 29 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
         Back at the hotel, Yusuke and the others discovered that every document in the record tower was coated in a devolved form of anthrax. It's just a matter of luck, really.

         "I need a cup of tea," moaned Genkai, hiding under a foot thick blanket and sweating her granny brains out.

         "Have your servant get it," Yusuke replied with equal monotone. Grabbing at a glass of water at his bedside with his limp left hand, he knocked it from the nightstand and sent it shattering to the floor. "I hate this."

         Shenkan, who had stayed in the elevator the entire time to look out for Muriko, did not get sick. But clearly she wanted to be.

         "Plee-hee-hee-hease let me in," she cried, leaning up against the door and trying to turn the doorknob, but it was locked. "Just throw me one of your tissues, or let me drink after you, or something. I need to share your disease!"

         "Go away!" shouted Genkai, throwing a shoe at the door and causing Shenkan to jump back.

         "You can at least let me help you! I can get you something! Anything!" Genkai ignored her and sighed. Muriko dropped from the cieling.

         "Now what?" exclaimed Yusuke, trying to sit up.

         "Genkai, time to take your medicine," she said, holding out a prescription bottle. "And I have tea." Shenkan, after scurrying through the ventilation system, dropped through the air vent and fell on her face. She scurried to her feet and engorged herself with Genkai's half eaten food. "Shenkan, that's disgusting."

         "Do you think I care?" she asked, looking at Muriko skeptically, covering herself with her used tissues. "Now... I made soup." Climbing up on a chair in the corner of the room, she reached into the air vent and pulled out a bowl of delicious soup and a cup of tea. "And I'm going to feed Genkai because she's too sick and feeble to eat on her own."

         "Well, I'm going to entertain her while she eats," said Muriko, grabbing a television remote from one of her shuriken holsters and summoning a T.V. Using her psychic powers, she created an all-anime channel.

         "I'm going to entertain her too!" shouted Shenkan. She ran over and jumped on Yusuke, wrestling him out of bed and onto the floor. Muriko and Genkai stared for a moment.

         "Muriko, I have a question," said Genkai, pulling her eyes away from Shenkan mauling Yusuke.

         "Go on and ask, Master Genkai," Muriko replied as she bowed deeply.

         "Are you any good at all these video games you claim to possess?" she asked, cocking an eyebrow. Muriko looked up for a minute and paused.

         "Well, um... My ninjitsu doesn't leave room for practice time."

         "Feh." Genkai looked over at Shenkan, who had a mouthful of Yusuke's hair. "Does Shenkan have any gaming experience?"

         "...She's beaten me at Soul Calibur 2 more than once." Genkai smiled. "Master...?"

         "Yes?" Muriko's eyes began to water.

         "I put on the tough girl act but I have emotions like everyone else!" she cried, sobbing into Genkai's bedcovers. "I'm not a real ninja! I can't really do anything but use shiny weapons to scare people! The truth is... I've spent my entire life collecting wall scrolls of you and crying over every time you've felt pain!"

         Being new at this psychological stuff, the most Genkai could do was look slightly concerned, mostly for her own safety. Looking helplessly at Shenkan, who was currently trying to fit as much of Yusuke's head in her mouth as she could, Genkai patted Muriko on the back as she continued to sob.

         "Muriko, is there anything I can do?" she asked, trying not to sneeze.

         "Have a son and let me marry him in fifteen years!" she cried, hugging Genkai around the waste and continuing to sob. Genkai looked a little worried and looked back to Shenkan. She lay, utterly exhausted, on a beaten, bruised Yusuke.

         "Genkai," he moaned, trying to breathe.

         "Yeah?"

         "I wanna go home." He wheezed and pulled himself from beneath Shenkan, dragged himself to the door, and left the room to get a cup of strong, black coffee. Shenkan stood and trudged to Genkai's bedside, tried to say something between gasping breaths, failed, and collapsed into her. Genkai sat, ill, with two girls clinging to her.

         "Hey," she muttered to herself. "It's just like having kids for real." She passed out.