Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Chase ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The wind streamed through the fox's silver locks. He leaped quickly through the foliage scattered on the forest floor, the smell of demon strong in his nostrils. With every breath, the wanting from within him grew.

Youko thought of the small demon. His shiny, jet-black hair. His giant brown eyes, and strong limbs. The thought that he would soon be his made his stride quicken.

* * *

Hiei nervously glanced over his shoulder, not wanting to see what he expected to. He came to a half, panting, hair sticking to his forehead. Why the fuck is he chasing me? Fortunately, he didn't sense Youko within miles.

The sun was coming up and Hiei wearily lidded his eyes. A soft thud startled him from his half-sleep. Damn he's fast

Hiei started off once more through the forest canopy. Skillfully he watched the branches as he scoped out which one was best to land his foot on next. He traveled faster than the hunter, but he was gradually slowing.

* * *

Now this wouldn't be fair. Youko slowed to a stop. Besides, it wouldn't be any fun if I caught him when he wasn't up to full power. He sat against the tree that his target had rested in only an hour before, and waited for the dark.

* * *

He's stopped. Although Hiei knew Youko had halted, he wasn't sure if he wanted to do the same. Whether to get hours ahead and be fatigued by the time Youko found him, or be fully rested when the inevitable finally came. He decided it was futile to try to avoid what was undoubtedly going to happen. He crouched into a nook of a tree and drifted out of consciousness.

* * *

Youko also had drifted off to sleep. He was dreaming of the ornery demon that would soon be his, tonight if he was swift.

He sleepily opened his smoky eyes, expecting the sunlight to make him close them again. Instead, dark had come and he stood and stretched. He stopped instantly. He realized with a frightening shock that there wasn't a demon around for as far as he could tell.

"Shit!" He muttered aloud. "The scamp must have run off while I was sleeping." He smiled. "No matter." Youko had always loved a good challenge and this was turning out to be one of the best.

* * *

Since he only needed a few hours of light rest, Hiei had started off long before Youko had even stirred. Nonetheless, he was running as if he was breathing down his neck. What the hell an I doing? He had realized even yesterday that it was impossible for him to out run Youko. He sat and waited.

Some time later Youko came within sight and Hiei's breath caught in his throat. Now what?

Youko slowed and slowly walked within inches of the smaller demon.

"I'm glad you came to your senses. You realized it was pointless to run from me." He kneeled and tilted his head down at Hiei.

Hiei backed away nervously, though trying to hide it from the youkai. "Why are you chasing me?"

The larger looked slightly taken aback. "Why, I thought you were more clever than that, precious." He brought his hand up and lightly traced the soft outlines of Hiei's face.

It suddenly struck Hiei. "Sick!" He jumped to his feet.

"I was afraid your reaction would be similar to that. But fear not, my little one, I've taken precautions." Youko slowly rose.

He grabbed Hiei and gently brushed the hair from his eyes, running his lips over his eyes then down to his mouth.

"No, I don't think so!" he pushed Youko away.

The youkai sighed. "I also predicted this. It seems I know you well, Hiei. This also I just a greater challenge.

Hiei turned and started to run, but Youko pulled a seed from his hair. Instantly a rose whip sprung from his hand. He flung it threw the air and heard Hiei snarl in pain as the thorns tore his flesh. The youkai pulled Hiei toward him with a jerk and sent him sprawling to the ground, Youko laying on top of him. He leaned in closer to the small one's ear.

"Now we can do the easy and it will be sweet, or we can go about it hard and rough." Youko stopped and laughed at his pun. "To tell the truth, I don't care one way or the other, it's your choice. But one way or the other, its going to happen." He sat back up but not before pecking Hiei's cheek.

Hiei continued to lie there, appearing to be thinking about Youko's last statement. Finally his tense body loosened and he gave a nod.

Youko smiled and lay down once more.