Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi Hiei on the Run! ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chibi Hiei on the Run

By: DJ Rodriguez and Saiyan Moon Goddess

(Author's Notes: Hi everyone, how are you all doing? We hope that you have enjoyed this little story so far, because now it's kicking into overdrive!

Saiyan Moon Goddess: What my partner means is that now Chibi Hiei and Marlene are going to see on how living in the fast lane is like, thanks to a certain blue hedgehog.

DJ: Get ready to go super-sonic, everyone!

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 4: Hyperness VS Sonic Speed

Marlene and her little companion Chibi Hiei were traveling through the multi-colored vortex, hoping that it would lead them back home. The blonde really wanted to get back home and see if she could reverse the aging process on the sweet, but hyper child. As she was contemplating this, something happened. A tremor started up, shaking the tunnel they were in violently. "Marlene-san, what's going on?!" Chibi Hiei exclaimed in fear.

"Something must be happening within the dimensional area! I think it's a rift!" she replied as she held onto the chibi. The tremor started to get violent, and caused all kinds of disruption. The blonde beauty held on tight to the kid, but her grip was slipping. Or to be more precisely, Chibi Hiei was slipping from her grasp. "Hiei! Hang on!" Marlene called out. She tried to get more of a grip, but he just started to slip even further.

"MARLENE-SAN!!!" Chibi Hiei screamed out as he finally slipped free and was just tumbling down towards another destination. Marlene's eyes widened considerably and she dove down to catch up with the chibi. She extended her left hand, trying desperately to reach him. Alas, it was no use. They saw a bright white light at the end of the tunnel, signaling that they were leaving the dimensional area.

~In the Sonic X universe~

In a large mansion on top of a hill that overlooked Station Square, a young boy by the name of Chris Thorndyke was staring in the night sky. He looked out into space, remembering that it was exactly on a night like this where he met and rescued Sonic the Hedgehog from his pool. About three months has passed since his arrival, and now things were just crazy for him and his family. But in a good way.

"Man, things sure have changed for the better since Sonic arrived." Chris said to himself as he looked on. Suddenly, he saw a bright star shine out from all the rest. But as quickly as it came into view, it disappeared. The young boy was puzzled on why the star just died out like that, but his attention was now focused on two falling stars that seemed to have come from the big one before it died out. "What is that?" he asked himself.

One of the stars landed about 150 miles east of his location, somewhere in the mountains. However, the second star was closing in on him! Chris gasped in wonder and awe, and it was increased when he saw that the falling star was not actually a star. It was a girl! "What?! Just like when Sonic came over here!" he exclaimed. The girl landed with a hard splash in his pool, sinking fast.

"Hang on, I'm coming!" Chris yelled out as he dashed from his room and down the stairs. The commotion woke up some of the guests in the home, Miles "Tails" Prower and Amy Rose. The two-tailed fox woke up with a yawn and asked sleepily "Hey, what's going on?" Chris said quickly that someone fell from the sky and was now in the pool, and that got their attention fast. The fox and the pink hedgehog went out to help their friend with the situation.

Chris was now outside and saw the girl slowly sinking to the bottom, she was out-cold. The boy and Tails dived right in to save her, swimming to the bottom and hoisting her up by the arms. Once they were all topside, the blonde teenage girl gasped in a huge breath of air. Apparently the shock from the water brought her back. "Here, give her to me!" Amy exclaimed by the poolside. She took the girl and pulled her out. It was easy for her since she always carried that large Piko Hammer of hers.

Marlene coughed up large quantities of water, still a bit freaked out from her fall. She looked up and found herself surrounded by a pink girl hedgehog, a two-tailed fox boy, and an 11 year-old human boy. "W-What happened? Where am I?" she asked as she sat up. The two-tailed fox answered that she was in California. The blonde started to look around, trying to find a certain raven-haired, hyper-on-sugar chibi.

"Hiei? Hiei, where are you? Hiei?!" Marlene called out, but no reply from the chibi came forth. The only thing she received in return were confused stares from the two animals and human. "Say, did any of you by chance happen to see a little kid fall down with me? About this high, spiky raven hair, and a blue bandana around his forehead?" she asked them. Amy said no, and that she was the only one that came down in the pool.

Marlene's eyes widened and exclaimed "What?!" She was not worried about the chibified Hiei, since he could take care of himself. She was more worried about the poor soul who found him. Chris and Amy helped her up and all went inside the mansion, the boy promising to get her some dry clothes.

~In the mountain region~

A being silently ran towards where the falling star hit, curious on what it was. When the being got towards where the star fell, he saw a small crater and inside was a small kid. His eyes were swirly, indicating that he was knocked out-cold. The moonlight revealed the being to be Knuckles the Echinda! The friend/rival of Sonic the Hedgehog, the treasure hunter was wondering on how a kid could have fallen from space and survived.

He went down to examine the small boy, when his eyes suddenly shot open. "Whoa!" Knuckles exclaimed. Apparently him touching his wrist to find a pulse caused the little one to wake up. The kid shook his head rapidly, trying to see on where he was. When he saw Knuckles, he grinned and exclaimed "Funny red animal!" He then leaped and landed on Knuckles's head, laid out like if it was a rug.

"Hey kid, get off of me!" the Echinda shouted as he tried to pry the boy off. Chibi Hiei had a large smile on his face, thinking this was a game and the object of it was to hold on tight. Knuckles, after failing to take the strange kid off his head, shook it around hoping to throw him off. Alas, Chibi Hiei just laughed and held on tighter, as if he was on a ride. After ten minutes of flailing, demanding, and running around like a madman, Knuckles just gave up.

"Hey, kid. What's your name?" he asked as he stopped to catch his breath. Chibi Hiei laughed gleefully, still enthralled from the ride. He answered "Name: Hiei!" The kid looked around and asked "Where is Marlene-san? She here too?" Knuckles scanned the area, but found no one else in the vicinity. "Sorry kid, she's not here."

Chibi Hiei did the watery, sad puppy dog eyes, which caused the Echinda to back away a little in fear. "Please help me find her. I need Marlene-san!" With a sigh, the treasure hunter accepted this albeit grundgely. He figured that if they found this girl soon, Hiei would be out of his dreadlocks. "Okay kid, turn off the waterworks. I'll help you find this Marlene of yours." he said. Instantly Chibi Hiei cheered out loud and jumped for joy.

Knuckled motioned for him to follow his lead, and the two started back on the road to Station Square. Along the way, Knuckles gave the child some chocolate chip cookies he bought from a store. Big mistake, for the kid got hyper at the tiniest amount of sugar. For the next three hours, the hyper little ball of ninja fluff called Hiei tormented Knuckles.

~Someone on an uncharted island~

Deep below on a tropical island paradise, Dr. Eggman and his lackeys were monitoring for Chaos Emerald energy signatures when the computers overloaded! "W-What?! What is this the computer is picking up?!" Eggman demanded as various alarms blared out. Decoe punched in some buttons on his console and answered "It picked up an energy surge in the dimensional stream, and just now it released two unidentified beings that are giving off massive amounts of energy!"

Bocoe added "The two anomalies have readings that are similar to the Chaos Emeralds, although one of them seems to be small and flightily. One is at Station Square, while the other is on the move towards that location." Eggman seemed very pleased, a large smile on his face with his teeth showing. "So, it seems we have two new players in town. Let's go give them a nice warm welcome here!" he exclaimed before laughing manically.

A large hole opened up at the beach, and out flew Eggman and his two robot cronies on the Eggman Carrier. The doctor was just in a good mood, assuming that these beings would help him locate the Chaos Emeralds so he could use them to take over the world and get rid of his blue pain-in-the-neck nemesis.

~Outside Station Square~

Outside the city limits, about 450 miles east of it in a forested area, a certain blue hedgehog was relaxing in the trees when he felt something go off. His instincts were telling him that something was up, and his feelings never left him down. He looked up at the night sky when he saw the bright star shine, then the two other stars falling from it and going off in different directions.

"Something tells me that this is going to be another adventure." he said to himself before drifting off to sleep. It was late at night, and he needed the sleep of course. He would go back to Chris's house and see what was going on. Until then, Sonic was going to take a nice long nap.

Look out world! Chibi Hiei and Marlene have arrived!

(Author's Notes: Short I know, but best I could come up with at the time.

Saiyan Moon Goddess: In the next chapter, Marlene gets acquainted with Chris and his friends and also meets Sonic. And for poor Knuckles... he has to deal with a another speed demon whose worse than his blue rival for the time being.

R&R, no flames, enjoy, and leave long reviews!)