Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen ❯ Not Cruel ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I have no clue where this story idea came from… This is my first time doing a Yu Yu Hakusho fanfiction, so spare me!
 
Summary: Takes place several, and I mean several, years after the end of the series. Demons are beginning to break the treaty and the team has to stop them. But with a member dead and their leader on the edge of suicidal, will they be able to save the Ningenkai?
 
Note: This story is Shonen-ai. Don't like, don't read. And it's in someone's POV, but you won't find out who it is till next chapter.
 
Kiyan: I suck at summaries… Just go read…
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Do you see Kurama dressed in drag?
 
Chapter warnings: Fair amount of foul language and death by rei-sakujou (spirit rope) 0.o….
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
Prologue: Not Cruel
 
Red eyes glowed fiercely, refusing to give in.
 
Okay, if that's how you want it…
 
“Rei-sakujou!”
 
A string of purplish light shot from my index finger and coiled around the demon. It let out a low screeching sound that did murder on my ears, but damn if I wasn't enjoying this!
 
“Are you ready to surrender?” I asked the creature calmly, tilting my head up to stare into its now frightened eyes. “If you do, I'll let you go…”
 
Even though I was pissed as hell at the moment and wanted to take my frustration out on it, didn't mean I was cruel. I asked nicely if it would surrender… As I do all my opponents. But the demon just began to struggle against the rope, not showing any acknowledgment of my question. I take that as a no…
 
The corners of my lips twitched upward and I curled my finger in slowly.
 
The creature froze. I jerked the purple cord and my smile grew wider. A shriek echoed loudly in the calm of the forest, followed by the gurgle of choking on blood. The ropes cut right through the demon's skin, slashing its body into pieces. A few moments past and the scream faded away, leaving an eerie silence over the clearing. I watched in amusement as what was left of the demon fell to the ground in a bloody heap. No, not cruel at all…
 
“Damn, now my shirt's all stained!” I cursed, glaring down at the demon.
 
I whirled around quickly at the sound of a rustle, almost calling out my ropes again. A black cloaked figure jumped down from the nearest tree and I lowered my hand, smiling in welcome.
 
“Hello, Hiei!” I greeted cheerfully despite the gruesome scene around us. “Done brooding?”
 
“I wasn't brooding,” he growled, narrowing his eyes at me. “I just needed to sort my thoughts out…”
 
My cheerful expression turned soft as I looked at him. Hiei had been through hell the last few decades… Kurama had reverted back to his youko form, Kuwabara had died, and Yukina refused to talk to anyone since…
 
Come to think of it, everyone was having their share of problems these days. First with Genkai's death, which, like the first time, Yuusuke had taken very badly. Then Kurama's mother and father, causing him to give up on the human form. Kuwabara's death, resulting in Yukina locking herself in Genkai's temple. But the worst by far was Keiko… Yuusuke disappeared to Raizen's castle and hasn't come out or made contact for years. I miss him…
 
“Come on, Hiei,” I murmured quietly, motioning for him to follow me. “Kurama said we need to be there by nightfall.”
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
AN: Short, I know. But it's just the prologue! If you think I should continue writing, please tell me so… And anyone who guesses the person correctly gets the next chapter dedicated to them! Bet you can't!