Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ King of Thieves ❯ The two. . .or three. . .thieves. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of it's characters, thank you very much!

Hey, guys, I'm a newbie to the wonderful world of fanfic creating, so give me a chance, please?! I might not write very well, (although my friends say I do) so make sure to review me after you read it and tell me how I'm doing. Thanx! =)

Oh, and just to inform you, I've made up a female character for this fanfic because all the girl characters in the original show didn't seem right for the role (in my opinion). Also, this story is in Youko Kurama's P.O.V. (point of view). Please, kick back, relax, and enjoy my creation.

*******************************

Chapter One: The two. . . or three. . . thieves.

*Makai Treasure Vault, midnight*

I was in the vault, trying to carefully unlock a chest I found, the putrid smell of blood filling my delicate nostrils. 'Kuronue really outdid himself this time,' I thought to myself. Kuronue and I were on one of our "stealing for kicks" sessions, as he would call it. I never knew that man's way of thinking, and probably never will, for that matter. I chuckled a bit, then recovered from my thoughts and finally managed to open the chest. I peered inside and found that it was what looked like a milky-white valuble jewel. I picked it up, having to grasp it with both of my hands. I looked over my shoulder and shouted, "Hey, Kuronue, take a look at this!"
I heard the door open and hurried footsteps on the delicate marble floor. "What is it? What'd you find, Kurama?" he asked before he even reached me. I did not answer him, but waited until he was behind me so he could see for himself, and indeed I got the reaction I was expecting from him. "Whoo, baby! That's some whopper of a jewel! It must be worth a truckload! The King of Thieves strikes, again!" he exclaimed. He lit up with joy, and seeing him like that makes me want to throw myself to the ground and laugh, but I never could, I'm too serious to laugh at a meer facial expression. So I smiled, my "devious smile" is what Kuronue called it. My thoughts were shattered by his voice. "Do you know what it is, almighty King of Thieves?"
"Well, to tell you the truth, I don't really know," I began. "It looks much like an ice apparition's teardrop, but it's too big to be so."

Kuronue frowned. "Well then, what should we do?"

I took his question to consideration. For a moment, I was drawing a blank, not something I do very often, I might add. After what I would say two minutes of silence, I finally had the answer. "We're going to need to go to the library."

Kuronue looked at me, and I could tell he had no idea what I was talking about. "A library? What's a library?" That confirmed my theory.

I sighed. "Kuronue, let me ask you something. Do you do anything besides eat, sleep, and steal?"

"Uh, no that just about covers it." This is just great! My partner in crime is a moron. . .

"Well, then, might I suggest we get outta here with the jewel and teach you a thing or two about modern life?" He hesitated.

"I like the first part, but let's go over the second part later." He grinned and started off, with me not that far behind.
******************************
Well, we triggered an alarm on our way out and were doing fine on escaping. I managed to get up in front of Kuronue when we were running. By the time we got outside of the building containing the Makai Vault, my arms were getting tired of holding the extremely heavy jewel, so as a joke, I decided to throw the jewel behind me. I heard Kuronue grunt as he caught the jewel and then started cussing at me.

I started to laugh, but I was cut off. I sensed something. . . and I could tell Kuronue did, too. We did not stop since Koenma's thugs were on our tail, so Kuronue caught up with me, lugging the jewel with him.

"You sensed it, too. . .?" he asked, trailing off. I nodded, looking straight into the distance, where the feeling is coming from. As we ran, we saw a kind of dark figure, realizing that was what we sensed. Even though we were several feet away from it, I could see it, just not it's facial features. It looked like a woman with. . . furry ears and a bushy tail?

We finally got close enough to see what she looked like, and we stopped dead in our tracks. She wasn't a fox spirit, as was I, but a wolf spirit. She had black hair, black ears, and a black tail. She had hypnotic, silver eyes. . .

I looked at Kuronue and he seemed astonished, like he's never seen anything like this before. We were distracted by the yelling of the thugs who have been chasing us, now almost caught up to us.

"C'mon, hurry up!" the wolf spirit said, running. Kuronue and I exchanged glances, and then followed. We caught up to her, both of us on either side of her.

"Why are you helping us?" I asked.

She looked at me, and I felt I was looking in a mirror, at another side of myself. "I am interested in your prize and adventures, Kurama, and I would like to ask if I may join you and Kuronue," she said smoothly.

Kuronue didn't seemed too pleased with this request. "What?! Why should we let you join us?"

She turned to him. "Please, Kuronue, just give me a chance, will ya? Isn't there anything I could do to show you I'm worthy?" she said in slight, mocking tone.

He did not say anything, but leaned his head over to look at me, as if to ask for help. I knew what he wanted me to say: "Forget it! We don't need a wench like you!" But I didn't say that. I couldn't say that.

After a moment, I said, "We'll think about it. Let's head over to our place and think it over."

I looked at Kuronue, who was staring at me with a disgusted look on his face, then said, "Fine, but can I kill those guys, already?" he said, pointing behind him. "Sure, go ahead." He ran the opposite way without another word.

I looked at the wolf spirit, who looked at me with grateful eyes, then said, "Thank you so much, Kurama."

*************************
Alright, I hope you enjoyed chapter one! Oh, I know this chapter is short, but I have homework and I need to get it done. Don't worry, I'll have a little talk with my teacher. . .*laughing disturbingly* Well, anyways, please review me and let me know how I'm doing and if I should write more. And if you've written a fanfic, let me know the title and I'll check it out.
Oh, if you like Inuyasha, check out a fanfic from my pal, ChobitsXDarkFreya, called Stuck to Fluff, a Kagome/ Sesshomaru fic! (I'll also advertise your fic, just ask me nicely by REVIEWING!)
WXR out!