Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ kokoro no arashi ❯ Shimoki ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Here's the second chapter! I like to say thx to the ppl who review my first chapter, arrigatou! ^_^

Do you like ningen Kurama or Youko Kurama better? Pls tell me…

Remember to give me ur suggestions and comments for this chapter too!!!

Saa………….on to the 2nd chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Youko Kurama gave a sideway glance at the Jaganshi walking next to him. He was surprised actually, very surprised. He thought Hiei would just flit from tree to tree, instead of walking slowly with him.

"I know what you are thinking, Fox. For your information, I have absolutely no idea where you want to go." Hiei reminded him.

Kurama flashed him a very un-youko sheepish smile. "We are reaching there soon."

"Hn."

`Hiei didn't change a lot actually, still that fire demon with very few words, still that good friend he respected so much, still that someone he love……………..What the hell am I thinking?' Kurama shook his head.

`But you have figured out a long time ago that you like him.' A sudden inner voice appeared.

`Like is different from love. Love is well, more intense.' Kurama fought back.

`Like could easily change into love.' The voice was quick to remind him.

`I don't love him, I……………..'

"Fox?" A deep voice suddenly cut him off from his thoughts.

"What?"

"You look strange today." Hiei was staring at him in a manner, which, for some reason, caused Kurama to get pissed.

"I don't think you are in any position to say that, Hiei. You haven't seen me for so many goddamn years that I wouldn't even be surprise if you don't remember my face." Kurama replied in an icy voice.

"I………I………"

"Don't give me any excuse, Hiei. No matter how busy you were, how many jobs Mukuro gave you, surely you have the time to send even just a letter to tell me how you are getting on? You didn't, Hiei. Not at all. It was so long that I even began to wonder if you had forgotten about Yukina. Didn't you know that I was worried about you? Did it ever occur to you that you still have friends in ningenkai? You…………."

Kurama's voice got louder by each sentence and he was cut off when all of a sudden, Hiei grabbed his hands and slammed his back to the nearest tree. The leaves rustled from the impact and the Makai birds screeched, immediately flying away from the tree.

"Kurama! What has gotten into you?" Hiei stared hard into the golden eyes. Eyes that are luminous with unshed tears, eyes that mesmerized him, making him fall deep into those golden depths. `He's beautiful.'

Kurama look away for a while before he finally face Hiei. "I am sorry. I don't know what happen to me." He stared into those red ruby eyes for what seemed like an eternity and was lost in them before something registered in his mind.

"I am looking at you, Hiei, at eye level."

"So?" Asked the confused fire demon.

"Which mean you are as tall as me."

"……………………"

"And I am in youko form."

"……………………."

"Which means you are as tall as youko Kurama."

"I still don't get your point, fox."

"You have grown much taller, Hiei!"

Hiei sweatdropped. "For someone like you, Kurama, you sure take a long time to notice that. I thought you were an observant person, no, I should say youkai."

The youko just shrugged and smiled. "Guess I didn't pay enough attention."

"Seriously, Kurama, what was going on just now?"

"I don't know. Maybe I was just angry that you didn't pay me or others a visit." And he gave a look which clearly said, `Let's not talk about this.'

`I don't even know myself, Hiei. What do you want me to say? That I actually love you, my best friend? What would you say? Would you ridicule me and tell me to stop joking? Or would you even kill me? I don't know, Hiei, I really don't. But one thing that's for sure, I won't like your answer.'

The rest of the journey was spent walking in an uncomfortable silence, each concentrating on their own thoughts, unable to fathom what the other is thinking.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"There it is!" Kurama pointed in front of him, his beautiful face which was solemn before, suddenly brightened up like a candle being lit.

Hiei's gaze followed where Kurama's finger is pointing and his eyes widened. There before his eyes, was the most glorious scenery he had ever seen in Makai. It was just a clearing actually, with an enormous tree in the center. A light glow surrounded the tree, making it look warm and beautiful. It's hard to find such a tree in Makai, where everywhere looked cold and dark. A gentle breeze stirred the leaves on the branches and they seemed to rustle with a contented sigh. The lustre of the grass looked welcoming and the black roses had a sweet-smelling scent.

"Never thought I see such a place in Makai." Hiei smirked. "And in the middle of a deep forest too."

"I grew up in here." Kurama walked up to the tree and touched it gently, a longing look in his eyes. "It's been a long time, Shimoki."

"I thought youkos live on the other side of Makai. It seemed that I was wrong. Shimoki. The tree's name?"

"Aa." Kurama shrugged. "I was the only youko who live here, considering the fact that I didn't see any other youko in this forest before."

"Kurunoe?"

The silver kitsune shook his head. "I am the only one who knew this place."

He turned to look at Hiei, his expression unreadable. "And you are the only one I have ever bring here."

"You seem to like this tree a lot." Hiei remarked.

"I used to sleep with it everyday. It gave me a sense of warmth and the feeling of being protected. I used to believe that my youko mother brought me here, and she grew this tree to protect me."

"And now? Do you still believe that?"

"I don't know. I guess it doesn't really matter."

"……………………… …………"

"You know, not everyone can come near this tree. Why don't you try resting on one of the branches?"

"Hn. Might as well. See what this old tree can do."

With that, Hiei leaped and in a blink of an eye, he was up on one of the branches, smirking. "It has no reaction."

Kurama laughed and it sounded like pleasant music to Hiei's ears. "Of course, Hiei. You won't do anything to hurt me."

Suddenly, without warning, the branch Hiei was on moved and an unknown force gave him a gentle push, causing the Jaganshi to lose his balance and fell. Hiei's eyes widened.

`Oh god, it's going to hur………what?'

Hiei felt a warm body underneath him, his hands clasping long silky hair and his lips on a soft one.

Shocked, he opened his eyes, only to see a pair of golden eyes, staring back into his own.

To be continued……………

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This is the end of the second chapter. Am I going too slow or what? Pls tell me and thx very much for reading! ^_^ I will try to update as soon as possible! Bye!

Hi, minna-san! Once again, arrigatou to those who read my fic and those who reviewed! ^_^ it's nice to know that there are ppl out there who read my fic. I am trying my best to at least update a chapter everyday since I am sort of having a holiday now, but after the hols, I may take a longer time to update.

Anyway, on to the third chapter, minna!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hiei felt a warm body underneath him, his hands clasping long silky hair and his lips on a soft one.

Shocked, he opened his eyes, only to see a pair of golden eyes, staring back into his own.

`His lips……….it's so…………' It took all of Hiei's willpower not to capture his lips into a deep kiss and have his own way with him.

They remained in this awkward position until Kurama suddenly turned his head away and gently pushed the koorime.

An oppressive silence surrounded them like a veil until Hiei finally could not stand it any longer. With a "I am sorry.", he turned and disappeared within a blink of an eye.

Unknown to him, Kurama's eyes were full of pain as he watched this.

The silver youko sat under the huge Makai tree, whispering, "You made him fall, didn't you, Shimoki? I know you are trying to help me, but he doesn't love me. I am only a friend to him, nothing more than that. He doesn't and won't ever love me. I am happy to just stay by his side, be his friend and partner, fight with him, help him when he need it." Kurama laughed, "But given his character, he probably won't allow me to do that. For him, Yukina comes first, followed by pride. That's Hiei."

A breeze swept by, gently caressing his face, as though it's trying to comfort him. A warm glow surrounded Kurama and the kitsune, tired by the events before, welcomed the darkness and soon fell into a deep slumber.

`Arigatou, Shimoki.'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

`My, my, Hiei sure is in bad mood today," Mukuro mused as she felt his ki flare followed by the sounds of pillars crashing and the shattering of glass outside her chamber. `Three, two, one.' The Makai lord counted mentally. She smirked when she saw the door open, and one of her servants scurrying in like a frightened mouse.

"Mukuro-sama, please go and stop Hiei-sama. He's………..he's destroying the whole place. Nine of the others are already injured."

"Let him have his fun for a while. He needs a break. Just get someone to repair the place later. He can do what he wants as long as he doesn't do anything to my oh, so precious vase………"

"But Mu………Muku……...Mukuro-sama, Hiei-sama has already destroyed it."

"What!!! That brat! How dare he!"

With that, Mukuro stormed out of her chamber, and just in time missed being hit by a piece of glass zooming past. However, what bothered her were the shattered pieces of her favourite vase on the floor. She saw red immediately.

"HIEI!!! STOP THIS AT ONCE!!!" she screeched.

Well, Mukuro's screech was just as powerful as Yusuke's rei-gun and the room fell into a dead silence and everyone stopped what they were doing, including the fire demon who was currently blasting the table.

"It's just a vase. Must you get so angry?" Hiei muttered. "Women………."

"I am not a women. I am a youkai," she reminded him. "I don't care what happened between you and that kitsune, but don't drag my…………"

"I didn't say its Kurama!" Hiei interrupted.

Mukuro snorted. "Whatever emotions you show always have something to do with that fox."

"……………………"

"Besides, I felt his ki earlier. It's strong. He must be in youko form."

Mukuro turned towards her chamber. "And Hiei, I expect you to get a new vase for me. A nice one."

She closed the door behind her and sighed. `That brat, don't even have any respect for me.'

"Hi, Mukuro! It's been a long time!"

"What the hell???!!!" She whirled around and found herself staring at a pair of familiar brown eyes.

"Yusuke! What are you doing here? And don't hide your ki. You gave me a shock."

"Hehe……….." the reikai-detective scratched his head. "I came to Makai to see how Kurama and Hiei were doing. But I couldn't find them, so I came here to ask you if you notice any change in Hiei recently."

"Hiei's is in a bad mood. I bet it's something to do with that fox. Sometimes I wish that they would just come to terms with their feelings and admit to each other."

"Looks like they need our help."

"What do you suggest we do?" Mukuro raised her eyebrow.

Yusuke smirked. "I have a brilliant plan."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Golden eyes fluttered open.

`I fell asleep.'

Kurama felt a blush rising to his cheeks he thought of a certain fire demon. He raised his finger and touched his lips softly. He could still remember the feel of Hiei's lips upon his.

The youko shook his head. `You shouldn't be thinking about this.' He mentally scolded himself. `That was the first time you got so close to him and it will be the last. He probably forgot about it already. Why waste your time thinking about what could never be yours?'

"Because I love him." He whispered softly to himself.

Kurama stood up. `I guess I will put up here. It's been so many years, I will have to get use to here all over again.'

Out of the blue, a cloud of smoke appeared in front of him and a blue youkai emerged, chuckling madly with an evil glint in his eyes.

Kurama's eyes widened. "You are……………."

The youkai laughed, "I am your worst nightmare, Youko Kurama."

To be continued………………..

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That's the end of my third chapter, how was it??? Is it too short? Is it very boring? Sorry for asking so many questions, minna-san. But I am curious as to how you feel about my fic. Anyway, I will try to update the next chapter tomorrow or the day after. I feel like I am getting a serious writer's block. That's it for now, bye! ^_^