Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ kokoro no arashi ❯ The dream ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I am kind of having a writer's block here……sigh…….I certainly hope this chapter turns out okay.

On to the eighth chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Kurama's POV)

I found myself staring at ruby gems. Hiei looked……. I can't quite describe it. He looked shock and if I wrong, is that worry and happiness in his eyes? But that couldn't be possible, could it? Hiei never felt anything that intense for anyone, except for Yukina and maybe Mukuro. He is always so distant and cold, not giving a damn to most people around him.

'Since when do you know him so well?' a small inner voice at the back of my head asked me.

'Since I fell in love with him and the only thing I do is to stare at him.' I answered back wryly.

But, after all these years, 'you mean bitter years of waiting,' that inner voice appeared again.

'Does it matter?' I snapped back.

'You know it does,'

'Great', I mentally groaned, wait, I am mentally talking to myself too.

I shook myself to clear my thoughts.

As I was saying, after all these years, these bitter years, Hiei might have changed. After all, he wasn't so cold when I saw him again a few days ago.

It was also then when I………um, sort of….kiss him. I blushed a little.

'It's just an accident, Kurama.' I told myself. 'Shimoki did it. It meant nothing, at least to Hiei.'

"Kurama," That voice, the one that I wanted to hear always, shook me out of my thoughts and it dawned on me that I was not the only one here. There was Hiei and the others too. My eyes widened slightly as I saw Yomi and Mukuro. 'Wow, even they are here to grace my presence.'

Wait, now I am confused. The last thing I remembered was me almost dying. Does it mean that, I am…dead? Then why the hell are the others here too?

There was a moment of silence before all of them, no, some of them, the more genki ones, you will know who are the ones, burst into smiles and came running towards me, bombarding me with questions like "How are you feeling, Kurama?", "Are you okay?", "What did you feel during the ritual?".

Ritual? What ritual?

I voiced just that to them.

They stopped talking and stared at me intently. I sweatdropped.

"You don't remember?" Kuwabara asked me, confused.

"Baka, of course he doesn't remember. He was unconscious." Yusuke hit him on the head, earning a glare and a "the hell are you doing?"

"You mean dead," I put in a sentence.

Silence again, this time it was an uncomfortable one.

"Well?" I asked. I don't blame them for keeping quiet. If you were the one who's going to tell a dead person what would happen to him, I don't think you like it. That's it. Maybe I am going to be gone forever, that's why they won't tell me anything but yet they are here to say one last goodbye.

Oh well, I don't have any regrets anyway. There's nothing in the three worlds that gives me a reason to live, except maybe……I glanced at Hiei and met his eyes for a moment. He had an unreadable look in his eyes. He turned his head and look away. I smiled bitterly. No last words, Hiei? I know you don't love me, don't even really care what happens to me but it's all right I guess. At least you will remember me, you said that yourself.

The gang opened their mouths at the same time but what came out were not answers but "Well…,"s, "Er…,"s and "Erm…,"s. They looked lost, like they don't know how to start.

Finally, Genkai interrupted. " I will explain to Kurama what happened. Meanwhile, you people and well, youkais can go find the three crystals."

"Right," said Yusuke. "Here's the plan. Kuwabara, Yukina, Botan, Keiko and me will go to Ningenkai to look, while the rest of you will search the part of Makai where youkos are. Hiei, you will be going to Shi….shi…"

"Shimoki." Hiei gave a curt nod.

Shimoki? Why does Hiei need to go there? What crystals are they talking about? I just realized that I was utterly confused.

"Okay. Let's go! See you later, Kurama!" With a hollering Yusuke leading the way out, the rest followed behind, waving goodbye at me with Mukuro and Yomi each giving me a small smile.

Hiei was the last to leave. As he was almost out of the room, he turned around and looked at me. That unreadable gaze again. What is he thinking? I hate it when he used that gaze on me. I can't fathom what he's thinking and it was as if he could see through me. I rather he glared at me. At least I can tell what he is thinking, even though I know he is annoyed at me.

"Come on Kurama. Genkai and I will explain to you. Let's sit down." Koenma beckoned me to the seat in front of his table, while he hopped onto the chair behind.

As I sat down, as I sat down, all I could see was stacks of documents. I couldn't even see his face at all. I sweatdropped.

"Koenma, would you mind clearing away all these papers?" Genkai had an edge to her voice which showed that she was clearly annoyed and her eyes said, 'if you don't clear them, I will personally clear it for you.'

"Sure, sure." Koenma answered hastily. Even though I couldn't see him, I could tell he was nervous.

"Good." Was the reply.

I wished they just began. I was really anxious to find out everything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Meanwhile, in Ningenkai.)

(Yukina's POV)

I sweatdropped and watched with a small smile as they argued on how we should spilt up and search for the crystals.

"Yukina should go with me!" Kuwabara yelled.

"Are you joking? Hiei will kill me if I let you do that! Besides, you probably miss the crystal even if it's right in front of your eyes!" Yusuke shouted back.

Strange, why would Hiei-san kill him if I pair up with Kuwabara-kun? I wondered. I know they don't get along well, but surely they won't kill each other. After all, they are comrades.

"Then you can go with me and Yukina!" Kuwabara yelled back loudly.

"And leave Keiko and Botan alone? Seriously, what are you thinking, you dumb head?" Yusuke glared.

"Damn you, Urameshi! This is the Ningenkai! It wouldn't hurt to leave them alone, right?"

"You never know! We are searching for the crystal. Since the ki it emits is Kurama's ki, some youkai or ningen freaks could have sense it in ningenkai and are looking for it now!"

"Can you two stop arguing for a moment? We are just wasting time here shouting at each other!" Keiko interrupted.

"She's right. Both of you, stop it now. We don't have much time and who knows what might happen to Kurama during this time?" Botan added.

"Why don't we just stay as a group?" I asked softly. That should solve the problem, right?

"Yukina's right! We should!" Kuwabara-kun smiled at me encouragingly. He is so sweet, always looking out for me. But then, he always has this funny expression too.

"Fine." Yusuke uttered. "Let's go to Kurama's house first!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(In Makai. (Where youkos are supposed to be.)

The dark arch of clouds was coming nearer and nearer. There was a rumble of far-off thunder and the wind became a gale roaring past.

The four, together with the two Makai lords at the back, advanced into the huge forest of the eastern Makai.

"It's a pity Chuu and Rinku are not here. I wonder where two of them have gone. Must be a really rare place since Botan can't find them." Suzuki remarked.

Beside him, Shishiwakamaru who had an arm around his waist, nodded in agreement while smirking. "I bet they are chasing girls."

Behind, Jin laughed loudly while Touya tried his best not to laugh but failed and chuckled. "Good one, Shishiwakamaru. I think so too."

He snickered and lean in closer to his blue-haired angel beside him. "I don't need to chase though. I have you right the way I want." He whispered seductively, making Touya blushed crimson. Jin laughed again, before pressing a kiss to his lips.

Mukuro rolled her eyes. "You four can certainly still joke around in a critical situation like this. I don't know whether to praise you or be put off by you."

Jin grinned. "That's what we always do. Nothing can change that. Anyway, you and Yomi surprise me. I thought both of you would be sending your troops to search for the crystal instead of searching for it personally."

Mukuro sighed. "This is Kurama we are talking about. If anything happens to that kitsune, I will have to search for another heir, considering the fact that Hiei will just be a lifeless soul so the youko die. Besides, I don't trust my troops to find the crystal."

"That's right." Yomi agreed. "Anyone would be surprised by the number of youkais I have in my troops. But half of them are good-for-nothings who can't even get a simple job done. I don't think they will be able to see the crystal anyway." He paused. "Maybe the stronger ones can. But they probably destroy it accidentally even if they found it."

The other four shook their heads, muttering something about, "Never thought youkais are so useless."

"I think we are coming closer to the youkos. Be on your guard. Though they may be not as powerful as us, they are pretty cunning and there's bound to be some strong ones like Kurama." Mukuro said warningly.

The four turned serious.

"We know. Don't forget, Jin and I are from Makai." Touya said.

"There's someone approaching us." Yomi stated. "He seems to be strong." His face was grim.

They got ready in case the youkai attack them. Bracing themselves for anything that might come, they watched as steady footsteps approached and a blur black shadowy figure came into view.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Where Shimoki is.)

The overcast Makai sky seemed to look more downcast with the accumulation of more angry clouds. The atmosphere was gloomy, much different from the first time he entered here.

A strong wind swept past and ruffled Hiei's hair as he approached the huge tree in the center.

He stared at it for a very long while, before reaching out and gently touched the bark.

"You want the crystal." A soft feminine voice appeared out of nowhere. It sounded more like a statement than a question.

Hiei tensed. He whirled around, but saw no one.

His eyes narrowed. "Who's there?" he demanded.

"Relax. It's just me, Shimoki."

"Am I supposed to believe that?"

"You have no choice, Hiei, if you want Kurama back. But just to have you place more trust in my voice," Shimoki gave out a light glow. The flowers and plants around brightened up a little.

"Believe now?"

"Did you see the crystal?" Hiei went straight to the point, refusing to waste anymore time.

"First, tell me something. Do you love him?"

"Wha…..what?" Hiei's eyes widened.

"Kurama. Do you love him?"

"I…..I…"

"I will ask it in another way then. Can you give him happiness? Can you give him a reason to live on? If you can't, he is better off reincarnated. If that is the case, I won't give you the crystal. I want the best for my owner." The voice was firm.

Hiei was having a battle with himself. 'Do I love him? Yes, I do. But can I honestly give him happiness? Does he even love me? What if he doesn't? Honestly, he can't love me. Who would love a stonehearted fire demon? Then how do I give him a reason to live on? What about the bond he had with one of us? Shouldn't the one he bonded with be the one to give him happiness? Why-'

"You really don't remember, do you?" Shimoki interrupted.

"Remember what?" //is there something I should remember?//

"Looks like I will have to give you a short recount then."

"Wha-?" Hiei did not even get to finish as he fell into darkness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He was running swiftly through the thick forest, his tri-colored hair playing with the wind. Blood cascading down from his forehead, he panted slightly.

Finally, he reached his destination.

"I am back, Shimoki," he said, touching the tree gently. The tree gave a light glow in response.

He went inside the cave beside the Makai tree, and found himself meeting golden orbs.

"You are back, Hikage." The one with golden eyes and silver hair reaching almost his feet went forward and lay his head on his shoulder.

In response, he wrapped his arm around him.

They stayed like that for a moment, enjoying every second before the long-hair being lifted his head. "Sit down, and let me treat your wound."

"Thanks, Karui. Did anyone come while I was gone?"

Karui shook his head. "You should quit this job, Hikage. I don't one to keep worrying about you every time you go for a mission."

"I am sorry. I promised to try my best not to get hurt. I don't want to lose you. In order for that to happen, I must continue. I won't stop until I find the find the remaining pieces of the stone. When I complete that, you won't leave me."

"It's my fate that I should die this early. I am happy enough to spend my remaining days with you."

"No, you will live. Until I complete the stone, I won't let anything happen to you."

"Hikage……." He leaned in for a kiss. "Bond with me."

Hikage was shocked, but he recovered and stared into Karui's eyes. "You won't regret it? This is forever, you know."

His lover shook his head. "No, I won't. I love you and I want to be yours forever."

His eyes had a determine look.

"You shall be then. Ai Shiteru."

"Who shall be our judge?"

Hikage was silent for a while, before answering, "Shimoki."

With that, he captured Karui's mouth in a passionate kiss, full of love.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hiei woke up, breathing heavily. // What was that?//

Little did he know that somewhere in Reikai, a certain youko was having the same dream as him.

To be continued…………..

Well, that's the end. How was it? Was it confusing?

I will try to update the next chapter soon! ^_^