Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama, Hiei, and the new demon. ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. I only own Matthew and Kiana. And Alex if I want to put him in this story…but I doubt I will add many more characters.

Chapter Six

Shishi walked downstairs and ran into Hiei as he started to walk outside.

"Are you and Kiana planning on leaving?" he asked Shishi and slammed him into a wall.

"Kiana may be planning on both of us leaving…Why?" he asked and Hiei looked down.

"I want Kiana to stay so she can train a little longer. We've already missed the tournament so this will give her a chance to train before the next one." Hiei explained.

"I don't want her to be in the next tournament. I don't want her to fight. I want her to grow up like a normal child." Shishi said.

"There is no such thing as growing up normal when you have no parents and you're a demon child. She may as well fight because if she doesn't then who will protect her when we die?" Hiei asked.

"I've worried about that for a long time." he replied.

"How? You couldn't have known her that long…" Hiei said. Shishi smirked and broke free of Hiei's grip.

"You assume too much. Just so you know, I've known Kiana all her life. I was there when you started killing everyone. I wanted to make sure that she got out alive." Shishi stated.

"How could you have known her that long?" he asked.

"Simple. I'm her father. She has a half brother that is in the demon world at the moment." Shishi stated and walked off leaving Hiei behind. Kurama stepped up behind Hiei with a questioning look.

"What's wrong Hiei?" Kurama asked.

"Shishi…is Kiana's father…" he replied. He fell back against the wall and closed his eyes.

"Well, if they do leave then at least we won't have to worry about him leaving her behind again." Kurama said and started back inside.

"Kurama?" Hiei asked and Kurama turned around. "Does Kiana know?"

"I don't believe so…" Kurama said and headed inside.

Kiana sat on a chair staring out the window when she heard someone calling her name. She looked around for whoever it was but didn't see them.

"Not too bright are you?" the person asked. "Look down!" Kiana looked down and saw a guy with black hair with red streaks in it. She also noticed that he was a kitsune as well. Then it hit her who he was.

"Matthew!" she yelled and smiled. He smirked and looked up at her.

"So are you coming down or do I have to come up there?" he asked with a smile.

"I'll be down in a sec!" she said as she headed towards the door but stopped before she opened it. She could hear someone arguing on the other side.

"Why didn't you tell her?" one voice asked. She knew that this was Hiei.

"Because she doesn't need to know just yet." The other voice replied. `This has to be Shishi' she thought. She sighed and went to her window again. It only took her a second to think about what she was doing. She knew that she could get hurt from doing this but as long as she got to see Matthew again she didn't care.

"Matt! Move!" she yelled and jumped out the window. Instead of moving he caught her.

"I'm not too sure about this but don't most normal people use the door?" he asked and smiled. She knew he didn't smile much so she was confused as to why he was smiling so much now.

"Yeah but I heard Shishi and Hiei arguing right outside my door so instead of walking out into the middle of the argument I decided to jump out the window." she said. "I think they were arguing about me…" Matthew hugged her and smiled.

"Don't worry Kiana. If they try to harm you I will protect you." he said and put her down. She ran towards the edge of the forest and turned to Matthew.

"You coming?" she asked and he nodded and followed her.

"Kiana wait!" he called after her as he followed her deeper into the forest. She stopped and turned to face him.

"What is it?" Kiana asked with a puzzled look.

"Don't you think they'll get worried if we run away?" he asked her. She opened her mouth in shock.

"Matthew, out of all the people I know, you're the one I would least expect to hear something like that from." Kiana said. Matthew laughed and she smiled. "You don't know how much I've missed that…"

"Missed what?" he asked her.

"Your laugh…" she said and walked towards him. He pulled her close and hugged her.

"Well, now that we're together again, you can hear it a lot more often." Matthew said and smiled at her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nakira: That's it for chapter six.

Shishi: Read and review.

Hiei: After this I doubt they'll want to.

Matthew, Kurama and Shishi: Why?

Nakira: Because of the simple fact that this may not be as exciting as they had hoped?

Hiei: Exactly.

Shishi: *sighs* Read this and review.