Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama no Kanojo ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Intro to Koori no Naifu o Daite starts)

Kurama kneels down next to her and lifts up her head and chest into his arms. His clothes are soaked in blood as she continues to bleed in his arms. Sakura's ears and eyes twitched for a moment before she came to.

Kokoro no izumi no soko ni koori o haritsumenagara

(The bottom of my heart's lake is rimmed with ice)

"Ku . . . rama?" Sakura asks as she came to in Kurama's arms. Her voice was weak, and both she and Kurama knew that she was not going to make it.

"Sakura, I'm here," he replies in response, tears forming in his eyes.

Ikite yuku no ga ore no shukumei

(I go on, my fate is to continue living)

"Don't cry, it's okay, really," she whispers, struggling to bring up her hand to wipe away Kurama's tears. He takes her hand in his and holds it to his chest.

"No, it isn't! What's left for me to live for if you're not here with me?" he replies, shaking his head and scattering drops of tears in the process.

Tatakai nuku sono tame ni

(Fighting to the end because of that)

"Please, don't cry, for my sake," she quietly begs. She winces in pain. "I . . .love you, Ku . . . rama. I'm . . . sorry," she says as she falls limp in Kurama's arms. Her hand no longer struggled to stay in Kurama's and slipped across her body. Everyone, including Hiei, looks away from the scene to hide his or her tears.

Kokoro no hotori de anata ga yasashiku ore o yondemo

(You call gently from near my heart)

"Sakura!" Kurama shouted with even more tears streaming down his face. He holds her limp body close to his, sobs rocking his body. "Please . . . don't leave me . . . please . . ."

Mimi o fusaide hashiru hi mo aru

(I close my ears . . . there is also a day I run to)

As he hears her heart beat for the last time, he sees an image of her smiling. The image slowly fades away as she exhales her last breath.

Koori no Naifu o Daite

(Embracing the Ice Knife)

Kurama's eyes grow large as he realizes what happened. "SAKURA!" He bows his head and thinks, `Why did she have to die? It's not fair; if anyone should die, it should be me! First Kuronue, now Sakura . . . who's next? Maybe . . . maybe I should just commit suicide . . . there's no reason for me to be alive anymore . . .'

(Musical interlude)

Even as he was thinking about committing suicide, he remembers the promise he made to her a hundred years ago . . .

Dakedo itsu no hi ka heiwa ga kono you o atatameta nara

(When the day comes, this peace will warm the world)

(Start flashback)

"The stars are beautiful tonight, aren't they?" Sakura asked as she looked up from the top of a cherry tree. "I wish this moment could last forever."

"I do too," he quietly replied.

Itetsuku SOURU mo tokedasu hazu sa

(My frozen soul will melt too, probably)

"Kurama, how much longer must you continue stealing?" Sakura asked after a moment of silence. She sighed before she continued. "I . . . I just get so worried every time you leave. I want to be certain that you'll always be here with me."

Kurama suddenly turns to look at her, surprised, and replied, "Don't worry, Sakura. I'll always come back alive. I promise."

Purizumu o hanachinagara...

(Setting a prism free)

"Really?" she replied as she turned to look at him. Watery blue met golden yellow for a moment before the two leaned forward to kiss each other.

Sono hi ga kuru made

(Until that day comes...)

After a moment, Kurama breaks the kiss and gives her a confident smile. "I promised you, didn't I?"

(End flashback)

KEEP ON GOING, WE ARE FIGHTING, DON'T STOP...

His mind wanders for a moment before stopping at that fateful day sixteen years ago . . . (start flashback)

Mirai o shinjite kirikome

(Fight to believe in the future)

Kurama, in his four tailed fox form, had successfully evaded the hunter for the past hour in the forest with no injury. However, the hunter knew his way around the forest and was able to follow him.

Ikiru koto wa kake dakara

(That's why we stay alive)

Suddenly, the forest ended into an open field. Kurama knew he had to continue on. He had run less than a mile when an explosion sends him flying into the air. He lands on his side, immobilized and unable to use his powers.

Jibun o shinjite tobikome

(Jump into believing in yourself)

As the hunter approached, Kurama remembers the day he promised Sakura he'd return to her alive. And in that one moment, he made up his mind to leave his youko body, and left for the Ningenkai as a spirit. Sakura, I'm sorry. I wish I could see you again, but I guess I can't . . . (End flashback)

Jidai o tsukuru tame ni WOH HO HO

(In order to build an era)

His mind wandered again as the memory faded away, stopping at the night before Yuusuke saved his life while he was trying to save his mother's life.

(Start flashback)

Kitto itsu no hi ka chijou ga rakuen ni kawaru you ni

(Surely, when the day comes that the Earth changes into a paradise)

Kurama was standing on the roof of the hospital, thinking. Sakura, wherever you are, I hope you're safe. I'm sorry I can't keep my promise to you. Tomorrow night, I'm going to die. I just wish there were some other way around this, but there isn't. Minamino Shiori means a lot to me, and I hope you'll understand.

Ore no buki sae tokaseru hodo no

(Even my weapons will melt)

The next evening . . . "What do you think you're doing?" Kurama exclaimed as Yuusuke put his hand over the mirror and requested that it take a part of his life instead of taking all of Kurama's.

"Have you ever seen your own mother crying for you? That is the most unpardonable deed!" he replied as the mirror complied.

Hizashi ni afureru you ni

(Overflown in sunlight)

After the mirror granted his wish, someone came up to the roof to tell Kurama that his mother was suddenly well. He rushes down the stairs to see her, glad the entire time that he unexpectedly survived and would live to protect his mother and to be reunited with Sakura some day. (End flashback)

Sono hi o motomete

(We ask for that day...)

His mind wanders and then stops as he remembers what happened the day before. (Start flashback)

KEEP ON RUNNING, WE ARE FIGHTING, GO ON...

Kurama had just arrived at school when one of his classmates told him to go to the front office to greet the new student. He enters to see that it was Sakura in her human form. He, of course, was not aware of that and assumed that girl simply resembled her.

Mirai e no hashi o watarou

(Cross the bridge to the future)

Once they had entered the classroom, Sakura had gone to talk to Fukuyama- sensei, but not before telling Kurama to see her on the roof of the school during lunch that day.

Ikiru koto ga kake naraba

(And if it's life that's risked)

Later, during lunch, Kurama meets her on the roof only to discover that she was in trouble. Despite the fact that her situation worried him, he knew that he would have to help her. (End flashback)

Kooritsuku tsuribashi datte

(Even if it's a frozen bridge)

Sakura's voice suddenly surrounds his ears. "I'll be waiting for you," it said. It stopped for a moment. "Don't even think about it, Kurama; I can be patient."

Hashitte watatte yaru WOH HO HO

(I'll run across it)

"But . . . but how?" he quietly replies. "My life means nothing to me without you."

(Musical interlude)

"No, silly; of course means something. Think about your friends and foster mother. What would they do without you?" her voice replies with a laugh.

Mirai o shinjite kirikome

(Fight to believe in the future)

"My friends and my mom . . ." he starts.

... Ikiru koto wa kake dakara

(That's why we stay alive)

"I have to continue to be there for them, don't I?" he finishes.

Jibun o shinjite tobikome

(Jump into believing in yourself)

"That's right. Besides, you wouldn't want them to cry over you. That's not like the Kurama that I know and fell in love with six hundred and twenty years ago," her voice starts.

Jidai o tsukuru tame ni WOH HO HO

(In order to build an era)

"Don't worry. I'll always be with you as long as you remember me and our time together," her voice finishes.

GOING TO MY DREAM

Her spirit suddenly appears in front of Kurama, who does not notice it until she lifts up his chin. "Sakura . . ." he starts as she puts a finger to his lips and shakes her head to silence him.

FIGHTING FOR MY FRIENDS

"I'll be waiting for you," she says as a teary-eyed Botan shows up on her oar.

RUNNING TO MY DREAM

As Sakura leans forward to give Kurama a kiss, tears start flowing from both hers and Kurama's eyes. They kiss as their tears mingle.

FIGHTING FOR MY FRIENDS

"Sayonara, Kurama. I'll be waiting for you . . ." she says as she gets on the oar behind Botan.

Kokoro no izumi ni kakaru niji no hashi o miru hi made...

(Until I see a rainbow-bridge built across my heart's lake)

"Sayonara, Sakura. My heart will always be yours. You were the one whom I cared most about, the one whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I will never forget you." Kurama says as he watches her disappear through the ceiling. He silently walks towards one of the corridors as the others sat in shock and silence.

(Song ends)

~ To Be Continued ~

Kurama no MIko2003: That's right, peoples! It's not over yet! There's more! So, click that "Write Review" button if you're in MediaMiner.org or "Go" button if you're on fanfiction.net! It's not over `til everyone's happy!