Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama’s Dilemma ❯ Time To Talk ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Hiei could tell his fox was nervous. He slid over and hugged him. He wanted no doubts to linger about the fact that he was there to stay. They had a long night of talking to get through. One that, hopefully, would end up with Kurama agreeing to make him a father again.

"Koi?" Kurama asked, a waver of hesitation in his voice.

"Fox… Aishiteru zutto. You know that right? No matter what, I will always be your lover."

"You left, Hiei,” Kurama said, looking with eyes colored in hurt, ‘You left us"

"I had to think Kurama. It pained me to think of you and her...it just reopened that wound. I love you though and want us all to be a family. Hikuro, China, you and me- a family. Just like the one you wanted for your kits."

"She is human, can I believe that you will truly open your heart and arms to her?" Kurama asked with another undertone in his voice- this time one of suspicion.

"She is a part of you, my red-head,” Hiei said lightly, allowing the hurt caused by his fox’s suspicion to briefly color his eyes, “A part that I will grow to share some feelings for.”

"So you will stay?" Kurama said, hope shining in his eyes.

"Yes, I will help you raise her and our son. But Kurama...I need to understand that funny language she speaks. It’s unnerving that she could be issuing death threats and I would have no idea."

“Are you scared of her?" Kurama asked incredulously.

"A ningen? Kitsune no baka, don’t insult me."

"Hmm...So we will be ok, right?" Kurama was still afraid of being separated from his lover.

"Yes. As for that girl, I doubt your suspicion that she did not inherit some traits from you. They could be well hidden like Yusuke's were.” At Kurama’s questioning gaze he continued, “Either that or she is just a very brave ningen. She didn’t blink when I glared at her. She returned it with no problem."

"Interesting," Kurama heard the note of respect in Hiei’s voice. Perhaps there is hope for Hiei and China…

"Kurama...I have one request to make," Hiei said, hesitant yet demanding at the same time.

"That is?"

"I wish for you to eat the fruit again. I want you to have another child- one that is of our love and nothing else. No corruption or doubts."

After a moment taken to recover from his shock at Hiei’s request, Kurama smiles at his lover, “Anything for you, firefly."