Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Legal Human Practice ❯ Touch of Home ( Chapter 22 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Touch of Home

calikocat

word count: 549

Hiei/Kuwabara

XXX

Kazuma gazed around him at their new home with their gathered family in the front yard of the two story western style house. It was something of an oddity out here with its basement and attic and the front porch that was encased in windows to make a sunroom. The house was surrounded by just a small patch of woods that gave them the illusion of privacy; their closest neighbors were just barely out of sight.

The day itself was peaceful, and unseasonably warm, though he thought that was mostly Hiei's doing. Hiei was at his side as they watched the gathered members of the clan interact with one another.

Hari, Sakura and Tsuna were playing with toys that Shippo had brought and the three toddlers played under the watchful eyes of Shippo, Souta and Toya. Further, closer to the woods Kagome sat with Remus, teaching him how to meditate, even as she worked a series of beads onto a string, blessing them for him to wear. The two of them seemed to get on well, and Kagome had even been amused when she'd been told he was a werewolf. There were possibilities there.

Shizuru and Yusuke were at a small table teaching Sirius and Yukina how to play poker...Shizuru was obviously winning. Really, Yusuke should know better than to play any kind of game against his sister. She didn't even need to cheat. Keiko watched her husband in amusement from the corner of her eye, despite being deep in conversation with Keita and his wife.

Kurama, despite looking very interested in Makoto, looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. Probably because Shiori was with him and kept giving him pointed looks and nudging him closer to the tall brunette.

Genkai and Satoshi were hanging out with Aiko and Isamu, talking about who knows what. While Iemitsu and Nana talked animatedly with Fujitaka and Nadeshiko, Suzume throwing the odd comment in here or there.

His smile grew a bit sad. Eiko and her husband and family weren't with them, they had yet to contact him, but still he had hope. Then he tensed and looked around. Hiei shifted and looked up at him. “What is it?”

“Do you feel that?”

“...yes.”

“Someone's coming.”

And then there was a familiar loud pop and just outside their new wards an older couple appeared. They took a moment to steady themselves before stepping closer and crossing the wards. The man...was obviously a Kuwabara. “I bring the regards and well wishes of my branch of the Kuwabara Clan. I am Kuwabara Seiji, this is my wife Emiko.” He handed a small wrapped gift to Kazuma. “Thank you for reinstating the clan, because of that...we are now aware that three of our granddaughters, thought to be lost to us are alive...and that I have a great grandson and two great granddaughters that I was not aware of. I haven't met them yet...but I hope to soon. With your help.”

Kazuma nodded. “Of course. I am Kazuma, this is my mate Hiei.”

Emiko smiled and nodded before asking. “Tell us...how did you go about adopting Potter Harry?”

Kazuma snorted and Hiei grinned. “That is a long story. Find a chair and I'll tell you about it.”

XXX