Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Meetings ❯ A New Tournament ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

What Ever

Written By Elizabeth Sage

Chapter 1

A New Tournament

The group was sitting around a couch, talking. The tournament started tomorrow and everyone wanted to find out what was going on. The only one not there, was Hiei.

Kurama asked, "If you don't mind me asking, Koenma, who's the favorite to win the tournament?"

"Team Sage. They're why we're here," the small ruler replied.

Kurama thought out loud, "Where have I heard that name before?"

Yusuke and Kuwabara had been playing video games on the floor, when Kuwabara asked, "Where's Shorty? Shouldn't he be here, too?"

"He's probably visiting Zephyr Sage," Koenma concluded.

Yusuke asked, "You mean the captain of the Sage team?"

Koenma nodded, "Yes, do you remember when I told you Hiei used to be on a streak of terror?"

"That's it. She was his comrade," Kurama remembered.

"Yes, they were partners in crime, but they were also each other's greatest rivals," Koenma stopped talking as the door opened.

Hiei walked in, and Yusuke asked, "Is she here?"

Snorting, he replied, "I see Koenma opened his mouth again." Then he disappeared and reappeared on the window seal. No one said a word. They just looked at him for his answer.

Finally, he added, "She's not here yet…"

Koenma flashed some tickets, saying, "Her fight's first tomorrow."

Hiei simply snorted, and looked out the window.

~The First Fight~

As the crowd died down, the announcer said, "Hello everyone. You all remember me, Koto. Welcome to the tournament!" The crowd cheered as she added, "Our first group is Team Funaki. And the second, everyone's favorite, Team Sage."

Everyone, except for Hiei, was sitting in the stands watching. He was standing behind the railing at the top of a section of stands, his face emotionless as usual.

Back down on the field, Team Funaki was debating about who got to fight first. On the other side was Team Sage, or part of it. Two girls stood calmly, one sucking on a blow-pop.

She had dark honey blonde hair that fell past her shoulders and hazel green eyes. Her dull green jeans matched the jacket she was wearing. It covered a white T-shirt that read, "How do you keep a prep busy? Look on back."

The girl next to her had long dark brown hair pulled back in a loose bun. Her brown eyes were colored green-blue from the contacts she had in. She wore a faded pair of blue jeans and a brown shirt with monkeys on it.

Looking at the two girls, Koto asked, "Where's the rest of your team?"

The girl with brown hair yelled, "We don't need them to beat these guys."

Up in the stands, Yusuke asked Botan, "Which one's Hiei's partner?"

Botan shook her head, "She's not down there."

Seeing this himself, Hiei turned and walked out of the stadium.

Through the whole tournament, they never saw her. Two other fighters had fought as well, but not once had the team leader been seen. Not until just before the tournament's semi finals.

Author's Note: O.K., it gets better, I promise. If you've read any of my other stories, you know that I like to end in weird places. Please review.