Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror Mirror ❯ Finding the Rabbit ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
For every story there is a beginning….

Holding his hand gingerly, you picked up the nearby towel; it’s already bloody contents dripping into the luke warm water at the bottom of the equally filthy porcelain bowl-the trouble you knew you would be in when your mother saw her fine china destroyed no where near as important as stopping the vital blood flow from the immobilized body laying on your attic floor.

….And for every beginning, there is a story

Grimacing and biting down on your bottom lip nervously you rung out the towel, watching the crimson water fall flow down into the bowl, before applying it to one of the many open wounds along the side of his arm. He didn’t move when you reached over him to retrieve the roll of bandages. There were no protests. Whatever little trust you had managed to gain was enough to get the rest of the job done.

However, unlike most stories, this beginning does not start happily. There was no once upon a time, or a far far away. There was only you and him and the last four hours the two of you had spent together. How you had gotten yourself in this predicament was beyond your comprehension but you couldn’t have just left him there on the side of the road your maternal instinct kicking in. He would have died in this weather, especially with the upcoming winter storm.

“You’re making a mess everywhere.” You said trying to lighten the mood mouth shaping into a slight smile.

“….” His eyes closed, annoyed apparently by your joke and sighing to yourself, smile slipping from your face, you went back to getting him cleaned up.

“Sorry…”

And this beginning, although as insignificant as it may seem on the wide scale of things-was the moment that started it all. Neither of you knew how much of an impact this instance would have on shaping your future lives.

For every story there is a beginning-and this my dear is where your’s starts.