Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mukuro's lie ❯ Not all news is good. ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Mukuro’s Lie Chapter 4
Koenma was in the middle of the giant stack of paperwork that always decorated his desk when he arrived in the morning, when one of the many oni that worked for him handed him a letter.
Great, He thought, opening the letter, Just what I need, more work…
But his thoughts were quickly sobered as he scanned through the letter.
Hiei had been kidnapped. He would have to send in the rest of the team to get him back. As much as he hated to admit it, they couldn’t afford to lose the brooding fire demon’s strength, nor his wisdom.
The godling quickly sent Botan to explain the situation to the team, and send them on their way.
Disregarding the giant stack of work on his desk, Koenma turned his attention to finding all he could about the missing youkai, hoping that everything would turn out okay.
~Small office~
A tall red-head was giving a speech to his boss when it happened.
No he did not fall asleep, though his eyes begged him to.
No he was not throwing up everywhere. No matter how much his stomach churned at the smell of coffee and tea.
A sudden numbness, followed by a blind panic suddenly shook him straight to his bones. He was all too familiar with this feeling. His mate was in danger.
And a certain Makai lord was going to pay.
He excused himself, saying he was sick. Which was kind of true. He did feel like throwing up and sleeping, but a sickness was not the cause.
Life was. A new life to be exact.
He damned himself for the thousandth time for eating that fruit in the Makai while on a mission with the others.
He ran out the building, heading straight for a portal, not caring that he was wearing a suit and tie. Hiei was all that mattered to him.
He was just about to jump through the portal when his three friends cut him off and told him what he already knew, and something he did not- Hiei had been captured by Goki's family.
He knew they should of never used that stupid demon to steal those artifacts.
Soon the remaining three teammates stepped through, followed closely by their assistant Botan.
~Mukuro~
When she got the letter she was even more pissed off.
How dare they steal what was hers. He may not be her lover but he was her heir. She would get him back, and kill those youkai bastards in the process.
Then she would face him. She had to after everything she had done.
~In a Cell~
He lay there on the cold floor, unable to use his ki. He was warded, hypothermic, and bloody. But worst of all, he could feel his life energy slowly trickling away.
Yet still, his thoughts drifted to those he had sworn to always protect- his loved ones.
He thought of his friends, Yusuke and Kuwabara. He knew he didn’t act like he considered them as friends, but he had always thought of them as such.
His dear, sweet sister Yukina. He would never be able to see her smile, or protect her again. She didn’t even know that he was her brother, one of his many regrets. He swore to himself that if he survived this, he would tell her.
His best friend and mate- Kurama. Hiei regretted that he would never again see his kitsune’s beauty ever again…
And last, his thoughts drifted to his unborn child, and the woman who carried it. Even though he loved his kitsune, Hiei also loved Mukuro as a close friend even now, and would never want her to come to harm on account of him.
As Hiei felt the darkness swallow him, he was tormented with images of those same loved ones being tortured and killed.
He prayed that they wouldn’t come for him.
************************************************************************ ***********************
Here is the next chapter!! I hope you all liked it!! Lots more to come!