Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mukuro's lie ❯ Feelings of despair. ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A new chapter for our readers!! Oh and everyone thank My best friend Robin once again for helping me with this fic~~
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%$$$$

Mukuro was with her army. They were beginning to search for her heir.
The sounds of a thousand men moving about filled her ears. Her nose was filled with the smell of sweat and dust, making her sneeze. Her face and body were covered in bandages so her metal parts would stay in good shape, but her eyes took in everything.
It was late and she was getting tired and more worried each second. Her thoughts drifted to the man she loved with all her being. How is he? Is he hurt? Or is he dead? NO!
But she knew full well that it could be so. She knew he was strong, almost as strong as she, but she knew hardly anything on the demons who had kidnapped him. That in itself scared her, making her heart-rate rise and her breathing accelerate. She shook herself, steeling herself so she could continue to search for her beloved youkai.
Then, as she ordered a halt for the night and went into her tent, she wondered if Hiei was thinking of her? Mukuro knew that he had considered her a friend, but maybe he had changed his mind with her actions- her clever plot to ensnare her demon with the news of her carriage of his child.
Then again her news was just a lie. When she had forced herself on him, they hadn’t created a child. She was still barren. There wasn’t a child now, and- chances were- there never would be. The acknowledgement of that fact depressed her even more.
But then she was struck with another thought…
Hiei didn’t know.
But did he care at all? Was he fighting for his life for a child that didn’t even exist?
No, if he was fighting for his life it would be for that Youko. That damn Youko that took her Hiei from her- that bonded to her heir when it should have been her who was bonded to him. Her features took on a resentful look.
Yes, that pretty red haired, green-eyed ningen with that silver haired, golden-eyed Youko hidden underneath. Was that the reason Hiei choose him- for his good looks?
With a sad sigh, she fell into her bed, a few tears trickling down her cheeks. She wanted to rip that damned Youko's throat out. But then Hiei would never in a million years forgive her. She would never see that handsome, crimson-eyed demon again. At that thought, she threw herself into her pillows and cried herself to sleep.
~In the Cell~
As he sat in a corner, Hiei wondered what his child would look like…
Would it be strong? Smart? How about looks- would it take after him or…Mukuro?
Yes, about three days ago, he had given in and began to think of his new life with his child and the child’s mother, Mukuro. But his dreams were still haunted by a silver fox.
He had no choice- he had to leave his fox behind, no matter how it hurt them. Laughing at his bitter fate, he found that he could at least relive their times together in his dreams. But that made him realize that only in dreams would he be truly happy.
That drew his thoughts back to his mate. Kurama would always be his life mate and one true love- not a thing would, or could, ever change that. Kurama was a part of him, just as he was a part of the kitsune. It was forever. Nothing but death could really keep them apart. But for a few hundred years, they would have to live apart.
Hiei shifted uncomfortably. He hated the small cell he was in. It was dark, damp, and worst of all, cold.
Darkness was a thing he could tolerate, for he had become one with it for battles. But damp and cold were never good for the fire demon. Dampness put him in a bad mood, and the chill made him sleepy. If Kurama had commented on his mood at the moment, he would have said he was a ningen thing called “crabby.” He hadn’t eaten for days. Lucky for him, he had become accustomed to going weeks before needing anything. He chuckled again; his survival skills were second to none.
Hiei lay down on the ground, and, closing his red eyes, let himself drift off to his new-found haven- his dreams; a heavenly place where he and his fox could be together, no matter how far apart they were.
Aishiteru zutto, kitsune…