Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mukuro's lie ❯ A new start ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kurama held the small body close to him, taking in his son’s scent. Youko's take in the scent of their family and close friends so they can be recognized as a friend, rather than a foe, within several miles. The warm little body snuggled in his arms. The smell of ashes and of various plants filled his nose. His child had both his and Hiei's scent. As he took it in the body began to move, trying to wiggle out of the tight embrace.
   
"I need to talk to Daddy!!" Hikuro said, struggling against the iron grip of his Mommy’s arms.
   
Kurama reluctantly let him go. His eyes watched as the child he though he lost run to join his other parent. Then Kurama looked at Hiei.

Hiei- the man that had haunted both his dreams and his every waking moment. The only man Kurama could ever love. His eyes were still smoldering with anger, and his fists were tightly clenched. His gaze softened when Hikuro came up to him and tugged on the leg of his pants.
   
"What is it?" Hiei asked him, kneeling down to look his son in the eyes.
   
"Where has Mukuro gone? Home? Will you, Me and Mommy be going there also?" Hikuro asked, his small head tilting to the side in confusion.
   
"She is a liar and she doesn’t deserve to see you ever again. Just look at how she took you from your mother!!" he said. Kurama noticed a small flicker of guilt in Hiei’s eyes.
   
"She is nice and wanted me to be her son!!"
   
"You are not her son!!"
   
"I know that. But Daddy, I think we can still be friends with her."

Ah…Kurama thought, the innocence of a child…

"Hn," Hiei refused to be won over.
   
"Hiei, be nice!" Kurama decided it was time to step in and end the argument.

"Baka fox!! I know how to get through to him. Hikuro won’t listen unless if you give him a good reason to. You have no clue how to get him to understand." Hiei regretted the words the moment they left his mouth.
   
Pain was on the kitsune’s face. Those words hurt him. He had already shifted back to human form. His green eyes looked at Hiei and Hikuro. They were so alike in the way they looked and acted. He was surprised that Hikuro didn’t already share his father’s love of scowling.

With a deep breath, Kurama then said, "I am going home. You may join me there later after you settle things." With that he left.

Tears started to fall. He had missed everything- his child’s firsts, and just holding him in his arms. Hiei was right. Hikuro was a stranger to him. Mukuro knew more than he did about his own flesh and blood. That hurt more than any wound the warlord could have inflicted on him.
   
Meanwhile, Hiei explained to a very stubborn child why he would no longer see Mukuro. Then he told him that he would be staying with his Mommy for now.

Hiei knew Kurama would want his son, and that having him would make him happy, which was all Hiei could ever ask for…

Hiei knew that he would probably be returning to the Makai once he dropped of Hikuro. He figured that he would return to one of his territories scattered across the Makai after sending a message of resignation to Mukuro in one of the towns. Damn if he would work for her again any time soon.
   
The two left the park, heading towards Kurama’s apartment. Hikuro was amazed at everything he saw. Cars whizzed by and no one was killing anyone! In fact, there was no blood at all! Instead, the air was filled with some sweet smells, like that of something round and warm baking in an oven, and other disgusting smells, like the strange smell coming from that metal thing on the corner. His red eyes took in everything.

He had yet to see a demon he recognized or see a death. It was strange- he couldn’t even sense any youki from these strange demons! Then they arrived at where his Daddy said his Mommy was, and it was a huge building! It stood straight up in the sky. Wow, this is even bigger than Mukuro’s house!

But sadly when they went in through the window, Hikuro saw the place was very small. And he really hated being confined. Chock another point to Hiei’s genes…

"Daddy, I hate it here!! It smells wrong!! And it is too small!" he complained, tugging on Hiei’s hand impatiently.
   
"Hn." Hiei lifted Hikuro up to sit him on Kurama’s bed.
   
"Where are we in the Makai?" Hikuro asked as he poked at the unfamiliar sheets.
   
"We are in the Ningenkai," Hiei said with infinite patience. He wondered where it came from, considering he never had it before. He guessed that children really did change people- never before had he been this gentle with anyone but his mate and his sister.
   
"Ningenkai? Where the humans live?" That made him stop his incessant poking at the down and cotton on the bed.
   
“Hai," Hiei confirmed, watching the horror build on his son’s features.
   
"Why?" Hikuro asked in a horrified voice.
   
"Your mother wants to live here till his mother dies." Hiei didn’t quite understand why he was so attached to her, but allowed him to entertain that particular desire. Why anyone would like a ningen, he would never know…
   
"Nani??" Hikuro looked even more confused.
 
"Hn, you heard me," Hiei went and sat on the windowsill. He winced slightly. Thank goodness he was strong, or else he could be dead, instead of having just the few broken ribs he had right now. He pushed the pain away, and turned his attention back to his curious son.

Suddenly, a terrible thought struck Hikuro, “I’m not part ningen, am I?”

“NO!” Hiei shivered, “Don’t even think that would ever happen! I would never mate with some dirty ningen!”   

Hikuro was relieved with that fact, but still bothered with the whole Ningenkai thing, "But we have to live among ningens of all creatures?"

“Yeah, just wait until you meet the fool! He’s so idiotic it’s pathetic!” Hiei launched into a description that brought various sounds of horror from his son, followed by laughs as he told him about several times that he had tormented the ningen. They laughed some more as they thought up new ways to torment the baka…

--

Kurama heard this discussion and let out a sigh. It looked like Hikuro would take after his father on everything. Kurama was busy making his family dinner. He made enough for three even though he was unsure if Hiei would be talked into staying.

There was much that needed to be talked about, and Kurama wasn’t sure whether Hiei could get past his guilt of denying his child’s mother the simple pleasures of watching said child grow. Even if it wasn’t really his fault, Kurama knew Hiei’s mind well. And also, he still felt a little betrayed.

He just hoped that everything would work out in the end…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Hello everyone. Thank you all for reading OUR new chapter!! i sure hope you all enjoyed it. Two more chapters to go Then this ends. Good news is another will soon take its place!! So if you read this please drop us a reveiw. Thank you for your time!