Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mute ❯ Broken Soul ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey! I'm back! To all those who have reviewed thank you! To those who read it and didn't review, please do! I have had four guess right about one thing that happened to Hiei. Actually they are the only ones who guessed. For those who do not know all will be revealed in chapter 3. Now on to chapter 2!
 
I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho, obliviously…..
 
~Mute~
 
~Broken Soul~
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
He was in a whole other part of the house. A room in the unfinished basement. He had run into the room on impulse, he wanted to be alone. He hadn't stopped to look around. He fell to his knees. His head was spinning. He couldn't put names to the faces he had just seen and he didn't know what had stopped him from attacking the one girl, the aqua haired girl, while he had attacked the other two, the auburn haired and blacked haired ones. They all seemed untrustworthy and two, dangerous. He wasn't in that room alone.
 
The other being in the room, just watching the scene that played out before her, felt pain and sadness for the boy. Hiei clamped his hands over his ears. That sound, that infernal sound. It wasn't sound at all, but nothing. Who knew nothingness had a sound, but Hiei heard it alright. He shook. He was on his knees for a while silently shaking his head, hands clamped against his head, before he passed out on the cold hard basement floor. The woman hid in the shadows, as Yukina walked inside. She looked at Hiei and her expression was pure worry.
 
“Hiei…Oh, what more could happen now?” Yukina whispered. Hikari stood in the door way.
 
“He's passed out. Maybe it's a good thing. He might sleep this off,” Hikari said hopefully.
 
“I'm not sure that's possible. I think something really bad happened in that room. Adding that to what's already happened and…I don't know how he's going to recover,” Yukina muttered.
 
“What's already happened?” Hikari asked. She looked at Yukina worriedly. Oh no I said that out loud! I can't tell her…Hiei…
 
“I…uh…I don't think I should say. We barley know you,” Yukina quickly covered. It was the truth after all.
 
“Oh…Alright. I'm sure he'd be more comfortable with someone he knows,” Hikari muttered. Hurt flashed in her eyes.
 
“Let's bring him back upstairs. The basement floor is cold and hard to sleep on.”
 
“I…..I didn't mean anything by that,” Yukina looked to Hiei, “He's a proud person by nature. One person knowing what's happened is enough.” Hikari nodded. She walked to Hiei and picked him up easily. He's rather light. Does he even eat?
 
“Can I talk to you when we are upstairs? There are some questions I've had all week I've meant to ask you,” Hikari said warmly, as though she had already forgotten the hurt she'd felt from Yukina's words, though they meant no harm only meant to protect Hiei. Yukina, still feeling bad that she'd made Hikari hurt, nodded.
 
Hikari had placed Hiei in a spare room and went with Yukina to the living room, or what Yukina could suspect was the living room. This place had so many rooms, she couldn't be sure.
 
“Why were you in the middle of nowhere?” Hikari asked.
 
“Well, I'm not sure how much I should tell you,” Yukina whispered, worried.
 
“Tell me what you feel comfortable to say. I'm not expecting a detailed history. Also ask anything you feel is important. Hell, ask the mundane as well.” Yukina looked at her in surprise.
 
“I know that you wish to protect yourself and Hiei for the moment, but I must know. If you're right, and whatever is wrong with him can't be slept off, it would be best if you and he were with people you know.” Yukina didn't know what to say. She was shocked again.
 
“We were running. There are some people after us, and our friends, and the rest had already left. We were the last,” Yukina suddenly looked scared, “Didn't you find one more person? A women with blue hair in a pink kimono?” Yukina couldn't believe she's forgotten Botan. What was I thinking!? She was there too, and probably hurt and if nothing else, looking for us. What if they found her and took her? Hikari blinked, thinking.
 
“No, not around there. I saw someone in the air. On an oar, I think.” Then Botan must be alright, Yukina thought happily in relief.
 
“We were escaping with someone. The person on the oar was her,” Yukina thought for a second, “Where are we?” Hikari scratched her head as she averted her eyes.
 
“Oh well, you see. Hmmmmm, well you and your friend are in the United States. You started out in Japan, as you know.” Yukina looked confused.
 
“United States? Where's that?”
 
“Well I really wasn't expecting you to know what or where it was. You are demon correct? You and your friend?” Yukina nodded hesitantly.
 
“Give me a moment will you? Now where did I put that?” Hikari muttered leaving the room. Yukina just sat there. I'm in a different human country? How far from Japan? Hikari walked back inside. She held a flimsy book in her hand. Sitting next to Yukina, she spoke.
 
“First off this is an atlas. A bunch of maps,” she opened it to a world map, “Here is Japan,” she pointed, “This is the U.S.” Another country.
 
“As you can see, there is an ocean between these two places. We're not even on the coast either.” Hikari stated flipping to a page which showed only the USA. Yukina continued to stare. Hikari pointed very gently to a particular place on the map.
 
“We are in this state. In the Midwest. Wisconsin.”
 
“We're quite a ways from where we started. Why did you take us from one country to another? How?” Yukina questioned, a tint of amazement hid in her voice.
 
“I live here. I wanted to heal you and help you both, but to do so I had to bring you back here. Besides, were you not escaping? Were you not about to hide yourselves?” Hikari stated, her voice just so calm and reasonable.
 
“Hai, we were. We didn't know where we were going, but it didn't matter. We could ask questions later.”
 
“You know you look kind of tired. Bet that even though you've spent a week here, you're still not used to the time difference.”
 
“What time difference?” Yukina was greatly confused.
 
“Japan is fifteenhours ahead of the central time zone you're in now.”
 
“Fifteen hours!? Wow…..Things did seem strange. I just thought I couldn't sleep,” Yukina whispered.
 
“Heh, sorry I should have told you sooner, my bad,” Hikari laughed, “Go on, get some sleep.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Quietly, Hiei awoke. His thoughts were scattered. His mind seemingly not whole. His eyes were dead to the onlooker and his skin as pale the moonlight that filtered towards him. He had no clear conscious thought of where he was that hit him, though one week he had spent in that house.
 
A woman walked to him. She looked him in the eye and held him still, despite his strength, and the frail look about the woman. Dead eyes stared into……dead, almost emotionless eyes. The woman looked no better then he at first glance, but she still had an inkling of who she was while Hiei did not. His soul had been broken, shattered. She moved her dark brown hair from her face, her gentle aqua eyes moved all over him. Hiei struggled more.
 
“Be still little one, your mind, your heart, your body could take no more pain. Does thou have a wish for death?” Hiei stared, mouth agape. It was a voice, but it was like he heard it so much as knew what she was to say. He struggled harder then before.
 
“You must stop this. You must allow them to help. Hast thou no knowledge of the affection thy heart starves so for?”
 
Hiei wanted nothing more then to get away, or to get a hand on the sword nearby.
 
“Thy heart's wound is large and deep. Makeshift bandages shall never make it whole. The iron bars your tattered soul looks from, harm thee now. They have the key, set thyself free once more!”
 
Her voice had become louder, for each word and accusation and had attracted both Yukina and Hikari.
 
“Leave me alone!” Hiei tried to yell. No sound came forth. He couldn't talk.
 
“The atrocities have paralyzed your voice. Once again they have the key.” And suddenly she disappeared.
 
Hikari and Yukina burst into the room; both wide awake, though their eyes betrayed them. He could tell just how tired they were.
 
“What in the blue blazes is going on?” Yukina giggled, out of place yes, but it had been a funny thing. Hiei, on the other hand, moved to hide against the wall. He tried to speak again. When he couldn't, he moved farther away.
 
“Come on! You trusted me, begrudgingly, before! And you know Yukina. Would you stop trying to hide and talk to us? Give us a chance to help.” Hikari jumped back when suddenly Hiei reached for the sword laying near by him.
 
“Hey! Hey, hey, hey! That is my sword. Put it down! Now! Hiei!”
 
“Please Hiei! Don't act like this! Please think rationally,” Yukina pleaded. Hiei scared Yukina right now. If he had known this, if he could've remembered her, if he could've remembered his sister, he would've been disgusted with himself. But at the moment, recent memories could not invade the safety he had erected to hide.
 
“Please don't attack one another!” Yukina pleaded when both moved a bit, bodies poised to attack one another. Neither heard her and focused on the other.
 
That was the moment Annai decided to walk into the room. He looked between all three people in the room and shook his head, cream bangs shaking into his violet eyes, sighing.
 
“You know I could take care of him for you, if you would like,” Annai offered, sounding almost hopeful.
 
“If you didn't have an ulterior motive, I might've given you a chance, but I could've sworn I heard you cursing him and wanting to kill him last night,” Hikari muttered good naturedly. Annai grumbled under his breath. Hikari smiled at Yukina.
 
“Don't worry, if he tried to attack your brother-”
 
“My brother! Hiei's not my brother!” Yukina whispered shocked. Why would she think that? I mean I would like it if he was…he's not… though… Hikari blinked.
 
“He's not your brother? I thought for sure he was. You have the same eyes….Oh well……but trust me I won't let my uncle attack your friend. I'd have to sic his sister on him and she'd chase him around with a skillet.” Yukina couldn't help it, she giggled.
 
“You get a kick out of that don't you?” Annai asked Hikari. Grinning, she nodded.
 
She held out a hand to Hiei, as though he were some frightened animal she had found in the forest. Hiei felt insulted, but at the moment couldn't, and didn't bother to try, to fathom why. He glared at her and it would've had the desired effect if at that moment a pair of demons hadn't broken through the window. They were an ugly little pair, and their smashed faces looked straight at them all before settling on Hiei.
 
Hiei tensed, and his sword hand twitched ready to move in a split second and take off the demons heads. Before though he could make a decision, the two attacked. He tried to move for the demons but his hand refused to move, as did his body.
 
“What are you doing!? Move!” Hikari yelped. He tried to, but his feet felt stuck to the ground. His eyes widened when the ugly pair of demons were a hair's breath away from impact.
 
They didn't make it to him. Annai batted them easily away with a long shafted weapon. He turned and gave Hiei a puzzled look as the ugly pair became a trio as another
came through the broken window.
 
“Well, here's your chance to get rid of that frustration Annai,” Hikari chuckled as the three demons attacked. Annai easily kicked them out of the window.
 
“Come on,” Hikari said, pulling Yukina out of the room and out to the back wood deck, where on the ground below, Annai stood and Hiei, who had jumped out the window quickly, fought the extremely unpleasant demons.
 
“Your friend's quite a fighter,” Hikari acknowledged. Yukina smiled a little. This was more like Hiei. Maybe he was alright.
 
“Your uncle appears to be very strong too,” Yukina commented, as Annai was taking on a different bigger opponent who, like the others, had come out of nowhere.
 
Just then they heard a crack as a body connected with a tree. The trio of hideous demons cheered. A very large butt ugly demon had Hiei against the tree, hands around his neck. Hiei was pinned and knew it. But as they expected him to struggle and try to fight back, he did not. In fact he looked petrified. The big revolting demon got closer, speaking hoarsely to Hiei.
 
“Why isn't he moving? Damn. I think something's wrong,” Hikari murmured. Yukina was scared. Hiei couldn't breathe with those hands clamped around his thin, pale neck.
 
“Annai! Help him. Now! Or I'll sic your sister on you!”Hikari yelled.
 
“Fine, fine. Your worse then your father,” Annai grumbled. Annai slew the demon quickly, as it was too preoccupied with its talk with Hiei. Hiei landed uncerimonisly on the ground.
 
“He wasn't that strong. Even weakened I would have thought you could have killed him, after the destruction in that room the other day.”
 
Hiei still sat on the ground. His eyes were wide and he was panting to regain breath. Yukina and Hikari ran up. With hesitation Yukina reached out to touch his shoulder. He didn't move and she eventually dropped to her knees and embraced him. Hikari blinked. But what she thought was an illusion didn't fade. A spark of life was in his eyes. A spark that if not nurtured would fade out all too soon.
 
…….They have the key………
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Well! Another chapter of Mute. I actually have chapter 3 done, but I'm updating this strange so you'll have to wait………if you're reading this and do not plan on reviewing….REVIEW GOD DAM****!!!!!!!.......I love reviews they make me feel better…….write more later…..Ja ne!!!! R&R!