Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginning ❯ End of Summer ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

New Beginning

Chapter 2-End of Summer
"Hey Amber can you believe that we made it all the way to high school without failing" I said leaning out of my window that faces hers.
"Yeah I was sure I would fail math, I guessed on half of them. Guess I got lucky huh?" She replied with her boom box blasting Linkin' Park.
"Hey Amber can you turn that down a bit I can barely hear you," I tried yelling over her music.
"Sure," She replied turning it down a bit. I looked down the street and saw the old house our friends used to live in. I remembered that day when they left. I didn't smile for a long time. I remember my mom always asking me what was wrong and trying to comfort me even though she knew nothing. Then somehow she found out why I was so sad.
::flashback::
"Robin honey, I know why you're so sad now. It's because those boys moved away. They just moved on with their lives and so should you. There is no reason to be sulking like this," She said pulling me over so I could look her in the eye. I just glared for a moment before yanking myself out of her arms.
::end of flashback::
She knew nothing! She didn't even know I was a miko! I had to be told that by my grandma on my father's side who was a miko. My father would have understood me if he was still around…but he died when I was about four. I could have told him what the boys really were and he would have understood. He probably would have wanted to meet them. I remember running over to Amber's house and telling her about my encounter with my mom. I remembered how much I hated my mom then and I still have some of that hatred with me. Then a thought acurred to me. I didn't even remember…
"Hey Amber……..I don't want to sound stupid or anything…" She cut me off before I could finish.
"Must be hard for you not to,"
"Ha ha funny," I said glaring," Anyway, do you remember their names?"
"Whose?" She asked looking confused.
"Theirs," I said tilting my head towards the house the boys used to live in. She looked over there then put on her thinking face.
"No…..…I don't remember………"She said looking sadder then I had seen her for a long time.
"This is terrible…they were best friends we ever had and we can't even remember they names." One was even more then a friend……..I felt the tears from long ago swelling up again. I guess Amber saw me.
"Hey cheer up I'm sure it will come back to us! I mean it has been eight years and I usually don't remember things after that long. Hell I forget about stuff after a week," She smiled that big smile of hers and then started talking about how her little sister keeps annoying her. I never caught her name before since Amber usually calls her the thing. She claims that she doesn't know if it's a boy or girl. It made me cheer up to hear Amber wining and complaining for some reason. I was still sad that I couldn't remember their names or even what they looked like though.
"So do you think that we'll have the same classes again at Takahashi," She asked referring to our new high school.
"I hope so," I said. I don't want to get separated from my best friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's POV
"What the hell is that?" Hiei asked looking at the sheet in Kurama's hands. They were talking and walking at the same time.
"Takahashi High School, it's the school where we'll be going to in Tokyo. I've already signed us up. The new house is nearby……ah here it is," Kurama said coming to a stop in front of a modern Tokyo home.
"Hm I guess it's an okay house," Hiei said looking it over.
"Yes it is rather nice. Let's put our things inside now." Kurama pulled out a set of keys and walked over to the door. He used one of the golden keys to open it. Then he walked inside. Hiei followed close behind. They dumped their stuff at the door then looked around the house. Kurama had once again managed to get another house. 'That fox has too many demon connections in town. Who ever heard of an ice demon working as a realtor.' Hiei thought. They finally finished looking around the house. Hiei stopped at the window and looked outside. Kurama walked over and stood behind him.
"Do you remember them?" Hiei asked.
"Who?" Kurama asked.
"The girls that lived across the street from us when we lived here," He replied fingering the necklace that still hung around his neck.
"How could I not? They were the best friends either of us had. They understood us and actually knew what we really were and didn't care," Kurama said.
"Do you remember their names?" Hiei asked.
"Unfortunately in these past eight years it has slipped my memory. Along with how they looked. I'm guessing it's the same for you Hiei?" Kurama said looking down at the fire demon.
"How could we forget? They were the best friends we had!" Hiei said clenching his fists trying with all his might to remember their names or at least what they looked like. He of course didn't succeed. He tried hard to remember the one girl that made his day brighter when she smiled at him. Damn it what was her name! He could only remember her black hair that she usually wore it in a ponytail.
"Come on Hiei we need to get ready for the first day of school. It is after all in a couple of days. We need to go buy a uniform. By the way……….Here's your schedule," Kurama said handing Hiei a sheet of paper.
"Hm……….Are we in the same classes?" Hiei asked looking it over.
"Let's see…………"Kurama said pulling out a folded sheet of paper from his left pocket. They put the two together and studied it.
Kurama's schedule:
HOMEROOM- Mrs. Hisohama
Room 613
LANGUAGE ARTS- Mrs. Madao
Room 623
CHEMISTRY- Mr. Hinaha
Room 678
HISTORY- Mr. Bujutsu
Room 641
ALGEBRA- Mrs. Fujin
Room 654
STUDY HALL- Mrs. Fujin
Room 609
SPANISH- Mr. Madison
Room 492
GYM- Mr. Jimudan
Gym 1
"Spanish?" Hiei said lifting his eyebrows after reading Kurama's schedule.
"Yes well………it is one of the more interesting languages they teach," Kurama said sweatdropping.
"Whatever," Hiei said. Then they went back to comparing each other's schedules.
Hiei's schedule:
HOMEROOM- Mrs. Natsu
Room 615
LANGUAGE ARTS- Mrs. Madao
Room 625
CHEMISTRY- Mr. Hinaha
Room 678
HISTORY- Mr. Bujutsu
Room 641
ALGEBRA- Mrs. Fujin
Room 654
STUDY HALL- Mrs. Fujin
Room 609
GYM- Mr. Jimudan
Gym 1
ENGLISH- Mrs. Rogers
Room 495

"It appears that we are in all the same classes except for Homeroom and Language," Kurama said after examining both their sheets.
"So what's your locker number?" Hiei asked looking at his sheet.
"Um………It's D 139," Kurama replied.
"Mines D 137," Hiei said.
"How did we manage to almost get every class together and have our lockers right next to each other?" Hiei asked.
"Um…….fate?" Kurama said obviously knowing something Hiei didn't[ *cough like he rigged it cough*].
"Hm so when do we start?" Hiei asked.
"August 18th," Kurama replied.
"That's in five days," Hiei said.
"Yes well we better go put all our things away," Kurama said walking up the stairs with his suitcases. Hiei soon followed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Robin's POV
"Hey Amber! I got my schedule!" I yelled out of my window towards hers. She appeared a few seconds later.
"Sheesh you didn't have to break my ear drums!" She said while rubbing her ears.
"Whatever. Well did you get yours?" I asked.
"Yeah I got it. Wanna come over so we can compare? Never mind I think it'll be safer at your house. My sister is like throwing a tantrum or something," She said.
"Yeah, what's your sister's name? You never told me," I said. Amber got a dark look before saying "The thing".
"Amber you know what I mean," I said. She sighed before saying it.
"Her name is Samantha," She said.
"Hm Samantha. Okay just wanted to know," I said.
"Aright be there in a second," She said closing her window and running down the stairs. I just sat in my chair knowing that we always just usually walk into each other's houses without knocking or ringing the doorbell. Both our doors are always unlocked during the day. It's only locked when we go out or at night.
"Yea!!" Amber yelled running into my room.
"Alright where's your schedule?" I asked.
"Umm…..…so that's what I came here for………" She said. I felt myself sweatdropping.
"Just kidding!! It's right here," She said pulling the sheet out of her front pocket.
"All right let's see………" I said putting our schedules together and comparing them. Amber was looking over my left shoulder.
Amber's schedule:
HOMEROOM- Mrs. Natsu
Room 618
HISTORY- Mrs. Rekishi
Room 639
CHEMISTRY- Mr. Shatsu
Room 680
ALGEBRA- Mrs. Hikaete
Room 649
LANGUAGE ARTS- Mrs. Kazewou
Room 625
STUDY HALL- Mrs. Fujin
Room 609
SPANISH- Mr. Madison
Room 492
GYM- Mr. Jimudan
Gym 1
"Hehe you got Spanish!" I said laughing.
"WHAT!" She yelled grabbing the sheet from me.
"You didn't see that before?" I questioned her tilting my head.
"No this is my first time to look at my schedule………" She said.
"I thought I signed up for Art………" She said. I was still laughing. I mean Amber and Spanish? They don't exactly mix!
"Well what about you what did you get?" She asked.
"Umm………" I said scanning over my schedule.
Robin's schedule:
HOMEROOM- Mrs. Natsu
Room 618
HISTORY- Mrs. Rekishi
Room 639
CHEMISTRY- Mr. Shatsu
Room 680
ALGEBRA- Mrs. Hikaete
Room 649
LANGUAGE ARTS- Mrs. Kazewou
Room 625
STUDY HALL- Mrs. Fujin
Room 609
GYM- Mr. Jimudan
Gym 1
ENGLISH- Mrs. Rogers
Room 495
"I got English!" I said.
"Lucky." I heard her mutter.
"So where's your locker?" I asked. We both looked at our sheet and the little section above Homeroom that's says our name, I.D. number, and other small things.
"Mines D135," She said.
"Mines D133," I said.
"Yah!!! We're right next to each other!" We both yelled.
"I think the odd numbers are top lockers also!" I said.
"YES!" Amber yelled. The previous years she had gotten bottom locker.
"So what do you want to do now?" She asked.
"Well Alicia called and said that she was going over to Josh's house," I said.
"Oh is Rob back?" Amber asked.
"Yeah he's over at Josh's house right now. Aww do you want to go visit your boyfriend?" I asked messing with her.
"HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!" She screamed so loud that my ears popped.
"Aww but you wanna visit him………" I said.
"He's cute but I don't like him," She said coldly.
"Okay conversation change……… You think Alicia likes Josh?" I asked.
"Oh yeah she's always hanging out with him. He likes her because she is popular also. Actually I think they are going out………" Amber said.
"Hm I didn't know that…….Well let's go over and see them." I said.
"Alright come on," Amber said standing up and walking out the door with me close behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hehe well I'm gonna have to start running now because I dissed a lot of people near the end such as:
Mrs. Rogers- Also known as Mr. Rogers. He taught my Social Studies class in 6th grade. He'll be reading this since he's into Yu Yu Hakusho.
Alicia- She hates Josh's guts and is not popular. lol just kidding Alicia.
Amber- She hates Rob's guts and I just gave away her secret that she likes Rob. Oops. Or maybe she just thinks he's cute?
Well I got to start running so Ja ne!!!!!!! [Runs from three crazy people chasing her]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hehe I finally got it done!! I'm working on the next chapter, which is the first day of school for them. I'll try to finish it as soon as possible.