Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Not a Day Goes By ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

This is song fic #2 after `The Story' and after `I Will Remember You'. I recommend you read those two before you read this.

Kori: Need reviews. I need REVIEWS!!!!

Hikari: Please send reviews so she doesn't blow us up. It would also get her out of her depression. *Kori sobbing at lack of reviews*

Kurama & Hiei: PLEASE!!!!

Warning: ANGST! For those of you who like it feel free to read if not, well, hope you like it. Oh! And grab a box of tissues. You'll need'em.

.

Not a Day Goes By

~~Got a picture of you I carry in my heart

Close my eyes to see it when the world gets dark ~~

(Kurama looks at a picture of him and Hiei. they are by the wharf; Kurama is leaning against the rail while Hiei leans against it on the other side. He didn't bother to wipe the tears in his eyes.)

~~Got a memory of you carry in my soul

I wrap it close around me when the nights get cold. ~~

(Kurama wakes from a dream of him and Hiei. they were having their bedside conversations before their nightly activities. Kurama would complain of school or work and Hiei would complain of his day, like they used to. Kurama cried lightly.)

~~If you ask me how I'm doin', I'd say just fine

But the truth is baby, if you could read my mind. ~~

(Yusuke and Kuwabara ask Kurama how he was. Kurama replies that he fine, but silently he mourning.)

~~Not a day goes by that I don't think of you

After all this time you're still with me, it's true

Somehow you remain locked deep inside

Baby, baby, oh baby, not a day goes by. ~~

(Kurama turns around quickly, thinking he heard his name, but he saw no one. This was the first of many occasions. Sometimes something touched his cheek or a kiss on the lips. He thought he was imagining things.)

~~I still wait for the call in the middle of the night

Thinkin' you might call me if your dreams don't turn out right. ~~

(Kurama sat bolt right, hearing a tapping noise on his window. Looking over he saw it was just a branch tapping against the wind. Drawing his knees up he cried.)

~~And it still amazes me that I lie hear in the dark

Wishin' you were next to me, your head against my heart. ~~

(Kurama looked at the pillow beside him. it was a black pillow laced in red. Kurama gave Hiei the pillow for Christmas, not knowing what else to give him. When Hiei saw it he down right laughed. Kurama was confused till Hiei gave him his present, a red pillow laced in green. Kurama laughed too.

Kurama hugged Hiei's pillow. It still smelled like him.)

~~If you ask me how I'm doing I'd say just fine

But the truth is baby, if you could read my mind. ~~

(Keiko and Yukina asked Kurama how he's been. Kurama gives the same reply that he gave Yusuke and Kuwabara. Walking away a tear rolls down his cheek.)

~~Not a day goes by that I don't think of you

After all this time you're still with me it's true

Somehow you remain locked so deep inside

Baby, baby, oh baby, not a day goes by. ~~

(Kurama accidentally spills some flour on the floor. Cursing he goes to the broom closet, takes out a dustpan and broom. Walking back he stops and stares at the floor. It was neatly spread and had writing in it. It read: "Eien ni ai shiteru, Kitsune. I'll always be with you.")

~~Minutes turn to hours, and hours to days

Seems it's been forever that I've felt this way. ~~

(Now every time someone who wasn't a close friend teased Kurama they would end up with severe burns for some unknown reason. And Kurama is no longer in depression. He tells his guardian angel good night and has his favorite dreams.)

~~Not a day goes by that I don't think of you

After all this time you're still with me it's true

Somehow you remain locked so deep inside

Baby, baby, oh baby, not a day goes by

That I don't think of you. ~~

(Spirit Hiei sits by Kurama's head and plays with the redhead fox's hair. Kissing brow he repeats what he wrote:

"Eien ni ai shiteru, Kitsune. I'll always be with you."

And he enters Kurama's dreams.)

*END*

This is the last song of this series. Sorry it took so long to write it but I was sick and had to wait till I was well enough to get to the computer. Of course I had a little Youko help.

Kurama: She had Hikari drag me out of bed!

Hiei: And away from me! I'll kill you!

Kori: ^_^;; I hope you enjoyed my fic. Review please!