Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ One Last Wish ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One Last Wish
Chapter 1: Prologue
Heaven Sent Tenshi
 
Disclaimer: I do not, have not, and will not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Those rights belong to Yoshihiro Togashi. I do, however, own the rights to this story idea, Myleen, Miryn, and Kargon. They are mine, you no touchy… or bad things will happen to you…
 
 
Slowly, Miryn emerged from the black depths of the shadows. With great caution, she approached the road, investigating the footprints in the mud. She frowned.
 
`How long will these demons follow me?' she wondered, looking up to the darkening sky. `I suppose it won't matter until morning… those fools know better than to even approach me in the darkness…'
 
She turned, headed in the opposite direction from the footprints. After a moment, she stopped, stifling the harsh cough that threatened to reveal her position. Sinking down to the moist ground and against a tree, she seemed to choke for a few minutes.
 
`Damn that cough… Why couldn't it have been strong enough to kill me already? At this rate, those idiots will find me…' Rising to her knees, she spat out the small amount of blood that had accumulated in her throat. `It only slows me down…'
 
She growled quietly in frustration, finally getting to her feet again. Once more, she began to walk, almost aimlessly.
 
She journeyed down the path for hours before she heard a rustle in the brush beside her. Stopping dead, she surveyed the area. Another rustle emitted from the foliage before something leapt at her from the bush. She didn't even bother to find out what it was; she melted into the shadows covering the ground. The demon growled in frustration before turning to find his employer behind him.
 
“I explained to you already that she will be impossible to catch in the darkness,” the tall, humanoid figure murmured. He brushed his chin-length, black hair back behind his pointed ears as he turned. The small, gaunt demon began to apologize, but the other ignored him, returning to the camp behind the curtain of trees.
 
Miryn sunk down to the ground, frustrated and angered. She resided in the World of Shadows; darkness encompassed her, covering the ground and shadows seeped from the black surroundings. She sighed, ignoring the animated shadows as they began to surround her and take on flittering shapes. One of them leaned over her shoulder, stroking her black hair.
 
`Don't worry,' it hissed sincerely, `They won't get you…'
 
“At this rate, they will…”
 
`Don't say that…'
 
“It's true… Perhaps if I were to live out the rest of my life here, I won't need to worry…”
 
`Many of the Shadows don't believe you belong here, though; you know that…'
 
Miryn sighed as she rose to her feet, her hair disappearing into the darkness. “Yes, I know… merely because of my lineage… I should go, then, I suppose…”
 
`That may be safest.'
 
Slowly, her hair began to rise and the shadows began to envelope what little skin was left and she disappeared, back to the Demon World.