Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Promise ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Promise

Disclaimers: Don't own characters blah, blah, yadi, yada. Don't own song blah, blah, yadi, yada. You get the picture.

Hikari: Be respectful!

Kori: I'm not even going to argue. Please read. The song is from Lord of the Ring: The Fellowship of the Ring, sung by Enya. And if I could really rate this it would be friendship and kinship for friends and family.

~*~May it be an evening star

Shines down upon you. ~*~

(Hiei walks through the woods as the sun sets. He looks up at the sky to see a star brighter than the others. He makes a wish on it, hoping to find a place to belong.)

~*~May it be when darkness falls

Your heart will be true. ~*~

(Demons surrounded him; wanting to kill him. Quick as lightning he kills them. Unlike most demons he finds no thrill in killing. He only does it to survive.)

~*~You walk a lonely road

Oh! How far you are from home. ~*~

(Hiei walking all by himself, having no place to call home. He jumps from group to group never getting a feel of home from them. So he walks alone.)

~*~Mornie utulie*

Believe and you will find your way. ~*~

(Every day he wishes for a place to belong, but his upbringing keeps him from making real friends. Every night he wishes for a family.)

~*~Mornie alantie**

A promise lives within you now. ~*~

(`I will make a vow to myself to never stop till I find a place to call home,' he thought. `Till then I'll keep wandering.')

~*~May it be the shadow's call

Will fly away. ~*~

(The leader of the thieves he is with tells him to kill a prisoner. Hiei looks at the poor demon lying at his feet. This creature didn't do anything but steal some food to feed his family. Instead he attacks the leader and leads the demon out with sacks of food.)

~*~May it be your journey on

To light the day. ~*~

(He walks down a street, never talking to anyone. He leaves to keep searching, his every step a beacon of silent, secret hope.)

~*~When the night is overcome

You may rise to find the sun. ~*~

(Hiei sits by a tree badly wounded. He thinks that he will never find a place to belong now. But he never gives up. Struggling to get up he walks on.)

~*~Mornie utulie

Believe and you will find your way. ~*~

(All his hopes paid off when he found the guys. At first he couldn't stand them but as time went on he found he couldn't live without them. Through he hated getting into their stupid activities he joins them anyway to be near them.)

~*~Mornie alantie

A promise lives within you now. ~*~

(`I have found my family, my home. My wandering is finally over. I will never leave their side. I will always be beside them.')

~*~ A promise lives within you now. ~*~

(`And I will always protect them. This I vow.')

*End*

* Darkness has come

** Darkness has fallen

I am Queen of YYH songfiction! I believe I have written more sonfics than anyone alive.