Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The 3 Black Rose Sisters ❯ "Me? A demon?" ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Me? A demon?"

After school, Shuichi offered to walk Hoshi home. Hoshi gave Tera a nervous smile, because she had promised to tell her what happened 'later,' meaning after school. "Y'know Shuichi, I would love that but um...well you see..uhh....me and Tera and Maeko and Chad have band practice and we really suck right now so we have to practice more but I promise you can walk me home some other time and don't get suspicious cause there's no reason to!" she said, and walked quickly to the park with Tera and Maeko.
"Hn. Kitsune that onna had a demon aura surrounding her, and so did her friends." said Hiei, who was sitting in a nearby tree.
"Hai, I know...." Kurama replied.
At the park…
"You know when you tried to lie you were actually sorta telling the truth," pointed out Maeko when they reached the park and sat on the swings.
"Yeah...." Hoshi sighed. She then told Tera and Maeko the details of what happened....but swore to cut their throats if they made one single mistake of telling someone else what happened.
Tera smirked and said, "I knew it. I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT! But answer this for me....why did you never actually TELL US you liked him? You made us guess at it."
"I dunno...I didn't want to be teased about it, TERA." she said, making her voice loud when she said her best friend's name.
"I wonder why he wanted to walk you home...I mean I know it's normal for your boyfriend to want to walk you home.....but he said 'I need to ask you something.'" said Maeko. Once again, she pointed something out that neither Tera nor Hoshi would have noticed.
"Yeah, you're right....the way he said it made it seem weird too. Maybe I should go find him and see what he wanted to ask." replied Hoshi. After an hour or so of chatting, the girls went their separate ways to their houses. Hmm...I'm hungry..I think I'll go get some sweet snow... thought Hoshi. She looked up at the sky, and bumped into Shuichi. "Oh, hey Shuichi, sorry I wasn't watching where I was going."
"It's quite alright." he said, and helped her up. "Hoshi, I need to ask you something. It is important, and we need to go somewhere out of reach to talk about it."
"What did I do wrong?" asked Hoshi.
"Oh no, it's nothing like that." Shuichi then grabbed her hand and took her to a nearby (but different) park where no one was around. "Hoshi.....are you a demon?"
Hoshi laughed. "Me? A demon?" she asked, pointing to herself. "I don't think so. I mean come on, seriously, I may be tough when it comes to fighting, but my toughness compared to a demon's toughness is nothing." Shuichi frowned. "Oh great, what did I do now?" He shook his head.
"Nothing. Perhaps I should take you home now, and we can discuss this some other time..."
"Sure Shuichi." He walked her home and bid her farewell. Hmm...I wonder if she will believe me when I tell her she is a demon.. Thought Shuichi.
"Why did he ask if you were a demon?" Tera and Maeko questioned at the same time. Hoshi had called them and told them what Shuichi asked.
"I don't know, and I sure as hell don't know what gave him the idea that I was a demon." she answered.
~*Next Morning*~
*RRRIIIIIIII-CRASH!*
"Damn alarm clock…" said Hoshi.
"HOSHI!!!!" yelled her mom.
"Here we go with the daily lectures…again…..oh well, at least it's Friday." She got up and did her daily routine of showering, changing, etc. She was surprised to find Tera and Maeko waiting for her right outside of her house. "What are you guys doing here?" asked Hoshi.
"Duh! We're waiting for you!" replied Maeko.
Hoshi heard someone-or something-move in a nearby tree. "Did you guys hear that?" she questioned.
"Yeah…it came from that tree." Said Tera, pointing to the tree where they sound was made. Out of nowhere, Maeko sneezed. At the exact same time, a car across the street blew up. "Uhh…oops?" said Maeko. Tera and Hoshi sweatdropped. Tera then noticed that they were being watched-by two people.
"Hn. We aren't going to hurt you onna." Said a voice, which came from the tree they had heard the noise in. a short figure jumped down from a high branch. "So it is true. You are demons." Said the mysterious figure.
"Hoshi, this is Hiei." Said Shuichi; he had been hiding behind a bush. "And my real name is Kurama."
"Umm…can you explain two things to us?" asked Hoshi. "First, why did that car blow up when Maeko sneezed and second, what in the hell are you two talking about."
"Well, the car blew up because it is an allergic reaction that tells you it is time for you to start training and realize your powers. What we mean about the whole demon thing…you three are demons." Replied Kurama.
"But how?" questioned Maeko.
"You demonic senses are just now kicking in, so you should be able to sense the aura that surrounds you as well as Hiei and me."
"Is that why you asked if I was a demon last night?" asked Hoshi.
"Hai. Shall we get to school before the bell rings?"
"Always tryin' to get me to go to prison." Said Hoshi. Tera and Maeko laughed and they all headed for school (minus Hiei). By the time they got there the bell rang. "Come on K-Shuichi, lemme ditch just this once!" cried Hoshi.
"No, Hoshi. You already missed yesterday's lesson and you won't go to Saturday school to make it up." He replied.
"Damnit to hell, I don't wanna get yelled at.." Kurama dragged her to class and she dreaded every waking moment of it, as well as Tera and Maeko who had both fallen asleep during Mr. Masato's lecture. When the bell rang for lunch, Hoshi exclaimed, "Finally! A break from boring books!" She went over to a free table and sat down with Tera and Maeko.
As soon as she sat down, Maeko said, "Don't look now but your loverboy is getting mobbed by those damn preps." Hoshi glared at the crowd of girls surrounding Kurama. Then she looked at Kurama, who at the moment was trying to send her a telepathic message. [ /yadda yadda/ means Kurama is talking, \\yadda yadda\\ means Hoshi is talking ]
/Help me Hoshi-kitsune!/
\\How? And why'd you call me 'Hoshi-kitsune?'\\
/I'm not sure how…and I'll explain it to you later. Now please, help!/
Hoshi walked over through the crowd of girls and said, "There you are Shuichi! I was saving a seat for you. I thought you went to get food." She glared at the preps, who glared back.
"Hai, gomen nasai. I did not intend to keep you waiting." Said Kurama. He smiled at Hoshi and then leaned down and kissed her. "Shall we go eat?"
"Hai." They went to the table Tera and Maeko were at and sat down. They all laughed, including Kurama, at the shocked preps.
"Ok, Kurama, tell us one more thing. What types of demons are we?" asked Tera.
"Well, you are a water and wind apparition. Hoshi-kitsune is a fire vixen-that is why I am now calling you Star-Fox. It suits you well," said Kurama. Hoshi smiled at his compliment.
"What about me?" questioned Maeko.
"You are a witch-like demon that can cast spells and such."
"Really?! Awesomeness, dude!" she squealed. The bell rang a few minutes later and the girls and Kurama headed over to their next class in the "prison."
*In last period* [ //yadda yadda// means thinking]
//Come on…only a minute and a half left…ring early….//
*Minute and a half later*
RRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNGG!!!!
"YIPPEE! Time for band practice!" said Hoshi.
"Would you or your band mind if I watched you play?" asked Kurama.
"Course not Kurama."
"May I bring a few friends as well?"
"Sure, just no more than 4 or 5." Tera, Maeko and Hoshi followed Kurama to Sarayashiki Jr. High.
"Hey Kurama, who're the babes you brought with ya?" asked an 8th grader with black slicked back hair. Tera, Maeko, and Hoshi's fists collided with his face. "Hey, it was a compliment…" he said, a little dizzy because of the fact that 3 girls hit him at once.
"Yusuke, meet Hoshi-kitsune, Tera, and Maeko. Tera, Maeko, Hoshi-kitsune, this is Yusuke."
After Kurama introduced everyone, a rather ugly orange-haired boy came along. "Hey Urameshi who're these girls Kurama's got with him?" asked the tall boy.
"Can't you tell Kuwabaka? They're hotties!" replied Yusuke.
"Excuse me?!" yelled Hoshi. She tackled Yusuke, along with Tera and Maeko, and beat him to a pulp. "Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?"
"Please excuse them. They're always like this whenever girls are around…" said Kurama.
Meanwhile, Hiei was sitting in a tree, listening to the whole conversation. That witch-like onna…something about her.. Hiei thought. He looked at Maeko with a hint of longing in his eyes. Maeko, now having her demonic senses (let's just say they improve a normal ningen's senses….), felt his eyes on her and said, "You can come out Hiei, we won't bite."
Without hesitation Hiei jumped down and said his usual "Hn."
"Where are we going Kurama?" asked Yusuke.
"Yeah, I was gonna go see Yukina to-" started Kuwabara, but Hiei had unsheathed his sword and put it to Kuwabara's throat before he could finish his sentence. "What's the deal Hiei?" he asked in a shaky voice.
"Keep away from the koorime onna." Said Hiei. He resheathed his sword and continued walking behind Kurama, Tera, Maeko and Hoshi.
\\What's with Hiei?\\
/I can't tell you right now…I will explain later, I promise./
\\You better.\\
"So...how do me and my friends use our powers?" asked Tera. At that time, Maeko sneezed and this time a tree blew up.
"How exactly am I supposed to control that? Now I know for sure that you're gonna have to help us." said Maeko.
Kurama said, "Ok, each of us guys will team up with a girl. We'll teach them how to use their powers. I will team up with Star-Fox because I know her from school."
"Kitsune you know you know the other two as well." said Hiei.
"Yes, Hiei.. Well....who will you team up with?"
"I'll team up with the mutant allergy girl, since I know from experience how it is to not be able to control your powers."
"Or maybe it's something more, Hiei..." said Yusuke with an evil grin on his face.
"Shut up baka, I'm only here to help."
"Well then, Yusuke you can team up with Tera." said Kurama.
"Ok its fine with me." said Yusuke.
"Hey who am I teaming up with?" asked Kuwabara.
"You know nothing Kuwabaka." retorted Hiei.
"That's not true!"
"Yes it is now shut up." He jumped in a nearby tree and sat there.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

Please R&R.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho.