Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon Seal ❯ The Race for Survival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello! Kaffeine23 back again! I just couldn't help but write this story. Anyways watching the Dark Tournament finals I absolutely fell in love with Youko Kurama.

Oh yes, I don't own anything. Not even Youko Kurama…*sob*

The Race for Survival

Wind whooshed past you since you were racing away from them. Your legs were aching for you to stop and rest and your heart hammered in your chest. Angry shouts and threats reached your sensitive kitsune ears, this caused you to run faster, though you could still feel them steadily coming towards them. Trying to block out the sound, you kept running. You nearly fell over when a dart zoomed past you leg, leaving a noticeable mark, but fortunately it didn't bleed. Yet you kept running not stopping for anything else.

Stopping, you noticed to your sinking heart that in this race, they led you to a large cliff, it was called Doom's Stream, but even you couldn't hear the water rushing under it. It was too far to jump you knew that. You walked away from the edge, to the right (keeping in mind the far drop), hoping that maybe you could reach a place where you could somehow reach the other side. You heard a twig snap behind you.

Turning back you saw your clan coming up to you. Before you even could react they had surrounded you. You scanned the group and you saw friends, aunts, uncles, and your father. Your brown orbs dilated in fear, and as much as you tried to control it you couldn't stop shuddering. They were rounding on you, taking steps towards you. In response, you took steps back. Suddenly you were backed against something, the trunk of a tree.

Flipping onto one of its branches you saw with relief that there was another large tree on the other side. Bracing yourself you lunged over the crevice, managing to grab the other branch at the last moment. You jumped off the branch and landed expertly on the ground, safely reaching the other side.

You watched as the clan stared at you in shock. And before they could do anything you held out your hand, closing your eyes, you envisioned the tree and flames flew out of your fingers. To your satisfaction the tree was caught in the blaze and in a matter of seconds turned to ash. Then with a flick of your wrist a fire fence blocked your clan from view.

Without a look back you ran deeper into the forest of Makai, hoping that your fate would be much better then the one you were living previously…

Thanks to your kitsune ears, you heard a small stream burbling to the east of you. Heading to that direction you quickly skimmed through the forest and thanks to your speed and great thirst you were able to get there in a few moments. Pausing for a moment to take in the view, beautiful large trees loomed overhead, flora looked healthy and green and the water looked fresh and clean.

With that in mind you rushed over to the stream and greedily drank, the cool water quenching your thirst. You were interrupted from your drink by the sound of footsteps. Hoping that the person wasn't dangerous (for you were in no condition to fight) you whirled around. Stumbling back you cried out, "Yo-Youko Kurama!"

Well you like it? Really sorry about the shortness. I previously had it on ff.net unfortunately they took it off. I also have it posted it on a different site. http://minimali.com/angel.htm, so you can check it out there too.