Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Girl in Black ❯ The New Girl ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Kura: "Shhh... I'm hiding from Hiei right now...I sware he's gonna kill me! Oh I hope Kurama's near by...


Hiei: (whips head around thinking he may have heard something)


Kura: ...0_0 "oopsie. I hope Hiei didn't hear me..."


Hiei: (looks around again)
OK onto the next chapie!

Capter Two: The New Girl Kage's Current Household Normal POV


"Good morning Kage." The woman called Tomo, her new 'mother' said, when she spotted Kage stepping into the kitchen. Tomo had short, curly, brown hair, with eyes to mach, and stood about five feet and maybe six inches. She was currently plopping scrammbled eggs onto a plate wich had a few pieces of bacon on it off to the side. The other plate was already full.

Tomo seemed to be the perfect house wife; dressed in an apron, and the classic light blue dress.

Kage disliked the women who tried to make themselves look perfect in front of other people. She thought the idea was ridiculous. Makeing yourself noticed always seemed to be a hassle for Kage. Ignorant fools. She always thought. Why bother?

Metaru, Kage's new 'father' was nowhere to be found.

The old man's probably working. Kage thought, spying only two plates. Good, one less thing to concern myself with.

Metaru was a fairly muscular man, though Kage never did ask what he did for a living, she though he worked repearing roofs or something like that. During the time she had been there, he would usually come home covered in soot. When she was up in her room and didn't see him come in, she could smell the filth all the way from upstairs. It would always give her a haedache, for Kage had a powerfull sense of smell.

"Kage dear, why aren't you wearing the uniform the school gave you?" Tomo asked, being the model citizen she is.

"I don't do skirts." Kage replied, taking her seat at the table.

"Oh really? And why is that young lady?" Tomo questioned, showing that she wouldn't stand for disobedeance in her household.

"I don't have to explane my reasons to you." She almost said. But she thought it would be better not to begin an unecessary argument, so replied with a simple,

"Hn." ((getting pelted by Hiei fans) I'm sorry! I thought it would be better if Kage and Hiei were more alike. Please don't hate me!)

Suddenly, there was a small sputter, and orange light was shinning near the far wall. The pan left on the stove had caught fire.

Tomo was about to scold Kage for smarting off, but was interuppted.

"The house is on fire." Kage pointed out calmly, rasing her finger twards the direction of the light. And indeed it was. The flames were licking at the cabbnets nearest the stove.

"What?" Tomo asked turnig around. "Oh! I thought I turned that burner off!" She gasped, opening the refridgerater, and snatching the baking soda. She tossed it on the fire, causing a small cloud of white powder to rise when it hit the stove.

A few moments later, when the commotion was over and the mysterious fire had been extinguished, the sound of a door latch clicking was heard, and Kage was nowhere to be seen.

A Ways Down the Block, Near Sarayashiki Jr. High...

Kage walked silently down the street, wishing she didn't have to attend another new school. As mentioned before, Kage hated first days. However, there was a sort of upside in going to school; occasionally someone would try ang pick a fight with her. Usually they thought she could be a problem, that she might try and take over their turf, or something like that. Kage had a lot of fun smacking them around.

Once however, she went to far, and accidently sent they boy to the hospitle with a concusion, a cracked colar bone, a leg broken in four places, and a few broken ribs. Her 'parents' sent her back to the orphanage soon after that. She was a bit more carefull from then on...a bit.

She was drawing nearer to her new school, imagining creative ways to deal with classmates that stepped in her way. She was so lost in her thoughts, that she nearly walked right past the gates of Sarayshiki Jr. High. The stares of unfarmiliar eyes snapped Kage out of her playfull thoughts.

Perfect. She thought to herself. I wonder how this school will be...I hope there are some decent fighters around here. I'm so bored.

Once again, she was accompanied by whispers and stares as she found her way across the walkway in front of the school, to the office. All the while, glaring coldly at those who stopped to take notice of her sudden apperance at their school. As she glared, the students would quickly retreat in fear, glimpsing the rageing fire hidden deep within her steely eyes. (oooh, I love that line!)

A few moments later, Kage walked into the office, earning a few more unpleasent stares from the school staff. The woman at the front desk glaced up from a paper she seemed to be reading.

The woman had short white hair, and wrincles from her old age. Despite this, she seemed to be in fairly good shape. She had baby blue eyes, nearly hidden behind half moon glasses. The nameplate on the front of her cluttered desk read, Hanabira.

Kage sopposed she was the secretary.

"Hello, you must be the new student." She spoke rather disaprovingly, as she looked Kage up and down. "Mr. Takanaka has been expecting you" said, pointing a long, painted fingernail to her left, indicating a short hallway. At the end of the hall, there stood a door that was marked "Principle."

Kage mearly replied with a simple "Hn." and started walking twards the door she had been directed. She knocked on the door, waiting for a reply.

"Come in." was heared from the other side.

And so she did. She turned the knob, and stepped into the room.

Once again she greeted by a "Hello, you must be the new student." But this time by a man who seemed much friendlier. He was sitting behind a neatly organized desk. He was a bit large, had dark brown eyes, and combed back, lightbrown hair, fitted for a principle.

" Please, have a seat." he beckoned.

"I'll stand." Kage insisted

"Very well" he agreed

" Kage Hono'o, am I correct?" he asked, picking up a file on his desk, siftiing through it.

"Yes." she repied as she had done so many times before.

"I am Mr. Takanaka," he stated, "I'm sorry to say our school isn't perfect, there are a few trouble-makers, but try to ignore them." (gee I wonder who he's talking about -_- duh.) "Try to enjoy yourself here. I know it can be difficultt to make new friends, but please give it a try." Takanaka insisted.

Yeah right, why bother? Kage thought to herself.

"Oh, I see you don't have a uniform." he said, just noticing for the first time. "I'll have one prepared for you. Could you come by my office at the end of the day?"

"Sure." Kage replied plainly, even though she wasn't planning to.

"Good. Now then, here is your schedule." he said, handinh her a piece of paper with the subject, time, and location of all her classes. Kage scanned the sheet, pretending to be interested. First on the list was history in room B-3.

"Will you be able to find your rooms by yourself?" Takanaka asked her.

"Yes." she said surely

"Very well. I will see you at the end of the day." he said

"Hn." she replied, and walked out of the room.

Well isn't this going to be fun. Kage thought sarcasticly as she walked down the hallways searching for room B-3. Suddenly, the bell rang. Soon the halls were swarming with students rushing off to their first class, most of wich slowed down a bit to stare and whisper. I guess I'll go to first period, and skip the rest. she decided, as she glared at those who slowed down to watch her.

Soon she found the room she was looking for, and went inside.

.......................................................... ........................................................................... ..............

Kura: "I am so evil! Not updating forever, then leaving you all with a cliffy!"

Hiei: "I've found you!" holds katana at Kura's throat

Kura: "Eep!" starts praying

Kurama: "Hiei! What on earth are you doing!?"

Kura: "Whew" is relieved

Hiei: "Getting revenge." katana is still at throat

Kurama: "Hiei!"

Hiei: "...Oh, very well fox, I won't kill her." lowers katana

Kura: "Thank you Kurama!" hugs Kurama

Kurama: bushes "Um, your welcome."

Hiei: glares

Kura: "Eep" hides behind Kurama

Kurama: gives Hiei 'the look'

Hiei: flits away

Kura: "Protect me?" hugs Kurama again

Kurama: "..." blushes again

Hiei: is hiding, waiting for Kurama to leave so he can get Kura

............................................................. ......................................

AN: I love these little mini stories at the end! they're so cute! No updates till I get reviews!