Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Six Elements ❯ Tall People and Lightning Don't Mix Well... ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The ten teenagers walked towards the castle thing that Michiko had pointed out. They had to pass through a forest to get there. They were walking when suddenly the sky became dark. There was a small rumble of thunder and the temperature dropped within a few seconds. Kurama turned Youko and sniffed the air.
 
“We should find shelter,” he said. “A storm is coming”, as it started to rain. They all nodded and ran to the nearest cave. Sopping wet, they sat down and tried to build a fire. Then they noticed that Michiko was missing. They looked to the opening of the cave where they saw the rather tall and frustrated giraffe demon.
 
“I'm too tall!” the soaking wet Michiko yelled. Everyone laughed, except for Shiina, who felt bad about it. Suddenly, there was a loud rumble of thunder, a cracking noise and then a flash. The now nine teens saw a bright light and heard a loud shriek from Michiko. After, Michiko lay on the ground dead. Everyone looked like this: O.o.
 
“Nooooooooo! Michiko!” Shiina yelled. She ran over to her friend to see if she was still alive.
 
“She's dead, Shiina, don't bother. It's just one less person to worry about…” Kimiko told her. Shiina sniffed and walked over to the fire Tama had made. She sat quietly, looking as the rabid turtles began gnawing at Michiko's flesh.
 
“Ew…” Shiina said turning away to listen to the gang's conversations.
 
*Kuwabara and Kimiko*
 
“So Kimiko, your best friend just died…how does this make you feel?” Kuwabara asked Kimiko.
 
“Hm…I don't really care,” she answered.
 
“Well, what are the odds that she would get struck by lightning?” He held up an imaginary mic to Kimi.
 
“Well, she was like 4507921 feet tall, there's a pretty good chance she'd get struck by lightning. Hell, she was like a metal rod in an open field,” Kimi answered.
 
“At least she won't be struck again, since lightning doesn't strike the same place twice.” With that, Kimi and Kuwabara looked to the cave entrance and another bolt of lightning hit Mich. They jumped and moved to the back of the cave, cowering in fear.
 
*Kurama and Tamarae*
 
“So, uh, Kurama, why do you have a split personality?” Tama asked Youko. He tilted his head in confusion.
 
“I don't,” he said plainly.
 
“Then how come when you turned into your demon form you're like a whole different person?” Tama asked.
 
“Because of something that happened long ago,” he answered.
 
“What happened?” Tama looked at him with wondering eyes.
 
“Well, you've probably heard of me in Makai, Youko Kurama, the legendary bandit. Well, one day, I was trying to steal a valuable item and fatally injured, and needed somewhere to go, so I fled to Ningenkai. There I took over an unborn child's body and waited until I was older so I could regain my powers. But I was fond of my mother and just couldn't leave. So this is how I ended up,” Youko explained to Tama who was attentively listening.
 
“Wow, that must've been hard on you,” she said.
 
“No, it's not too bad, actually,” Kurama told her. “What's your story?”
 
“Huh?” she said.
 
“How did you become one of Makai's greatest and most famous fighters?”
 
“Oh…well when I was younger, Shiina and I were great friends. Then we met Noriko when we were a bit older. Noriko was very interested in swordsmanship and we got into it too and started training with many other weapons. Then Nori introduced us to Mich and Kimi. We all were great friends and fighters, but then Shiina and Michiko turned into assholes, and we aren't really great friends with them anymore,” Tama explained to Youko.
 
“I can see why you don't like them,” he said. Tama nodded. She yawned.
 
“I'm tired,” she said. Youko nodded and leaned up against the cave wall. Tama rested her head on his shoulder and they fell asleep.
 
 
*Hiei and Noriko*
 
“Wow, Tama and Kurama have been `hitting it off' pretty well, don't ya think? I'm kinda surprised, to be honest,” Noriko stated as she sat across from Hiei.
 
“Eh, I knew it would happen. Kurama told me that he's had a thing for her since they met,” the fire demon muttered.
 
“But…they just met this morning…,” Noriko said.
 
“Yea…he makes up his mind rather quickly,” Hiei mumbled, as they stared at the sleeping kitsunes.
 
“Hm…so what are you anyway?” Noriko asked, changing the subject. She hated staying on one topic for too long. Her attention span wasn't that big. Hiei narrowed his eyes and glared at her.
 
“I'm a demon,” he stated simply.
 
“Yea, I know that. But, what kind of tricks can you do?” she wondered, staring at him.
 
“I don't do `tricks'. I perform attacks.”
 
“PERFORM!?!?!? Does that mean you're and actor or something? Are you famous?! Can I have your autograph!?”
 
“ENOUGH!” Hiei yelled, waking Kurama, but not Tamarae. She kinda opened her eyes, repositioned herself on Kurama's shoulder, and went back to sleep, mumbling something about roses in her toothpaste. Nori looked at the ground sheepishly. “…and yes I am well known in Makai, thank you very much.” She grinned.
 
Meanwhile, Hiei was puzzled. He had actually had a conversation with this girl and hadn't killed her. Really, he hadn't minded talking to her. Sure, she got annoying at the end, but he managed to contain his temper for longer than usual. Had it been anyone else, shy of Kurama, who wouldn't have been irritating him anyway, they would've been long dead. Who was this girl?